I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cincinnatus1951

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:24 am

Quincy: Way to go!! best wished for a continued swift recovery.
cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Quincy

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. With picture.

Postby Quincy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Post-surgery day 1, about noon, Pacific. Happy today, and excited to have this done.

I didn't sleep very well, partially from pain, but also from just being in a hospital. Worst pain was from stomach cramps. Glad I didn't take the opioids. I slept a total of about 4.5 hours. Best rest was after taking some Tylenol and an Ambien, which led to 3 hours, uninterrupted. I didn't realize they would give Ambien in the hospital, so I'm glad the nurse asked if I wanted one.

Took a picture of the wrapping so I could see it from a different angle. I'm posting it here so future guys can see what it's like. Again, dick is wrapped in gauze and Coban and poking through a hole in the jock. Jock is tight to help reduce swelling.

Doc came in about 9. Took off the wrapping, cath, and drain, which hurt a lot due to the tape used everywhere. He said he was giving me a free waxing. Also removed the jock for a while. Catheter removal was not too bad, but he said many guys find it very painful. I've had a lot of catheters, so I guess I'm inured.

Unwrapped dick had less girth than I would have liked. Length is a bout what I'd expect. I won't measure either until some time goes by. Karpman was very clear that if I cycle a lot I'll gain in both length and girth. I plan to do so.

The girth is more at the base than at the top. He told me that the radiation I went through for cancer caused damage to the tissues around the prostate, including the base of my penis. "Fibrosis" was the term he used. He said the tissues are stiffer and harder to get through than normal corpus tissue. The further up the dick, the less the fibrosis, and so the dick is thinner as it goes up. Looks fine to me, and certainly looks fully functional.

My incision is a very small horizontal cut a little above the base of my penis. He said he double stitched it and then applied surgical glue. The drain went through a small hole a little above the incision. The drain was used to release fluid build up, mostly blood, in the surgical area. It's tube attached to a bulb that fills with the fluid as it drains out. Several times after surgery, the drain was emptied. It had quite a bit of fluid at first and much less as time went by. That hole was glued shut, with no stitches needed.

Dr. Karpman then indicated that he had me inflated to 100% overnight, which is more than I had thought. No wonder it hurt! He reached into my sac and used the deflate button to release some pressure and then pumped back up a little. That hurt quite a bit. Things are obviously bruised and tender in there.

He then had me feel the pump bulb and move my fingers above it so I felt the tubes. He indicated where the deflate button would be, and I was able to feel that just fine. He said that over the next days, as the swelling increased and caused more trouble, that it would be harder to feel so he wanted me to get used to it right away. He'll have me cycling one week from today, which is much earlier than most docs.

He said swelling and pain would increase for the next couple of days, maxing out on Friday, and that was standard. I can take Tylenol or the opioid meds today and can start Ibuprofen tomorrow. He prefers Ibuprofen to Tylenol, but I need to wait until 48 hours after surgery to use it, as it is a blood "thinner".

I'm back in the jock until I activate next week. Each time I pee, I'm supposed to remove the jock and pull down on the pump. He had me try that while he was there and it's not too hard. It's tender in the area, but ok if I'm careful. He told me I might be pulling too hard, so I backed off a little. Gentle pulling 3-4 times a day is what he wants, to keep the pump low in my sac. Eventually it will heal and stay there, which is why it needs to be pulled down - so it doesn't heal too high.

My wife picked me up a little later and I'm back in the hotel. Life is good. Will be better when pain subsides, but I'm doing fine.

I don't know if this kind of journal will be useful to anyone, but a few guys that have surgeries coming up have asked me to continue for a while. I hope it helps.
Attachments
Wrapped.jpg
Wrapped.jpg (78.71 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
Last edited by Quincy on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:54 pm

Congratulations Quincy. That mummy dick is so familiar.
Welcome to the family.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

stubby

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Wrapped pic on page 2.

Postby stubby » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Looks Great!!

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:05 am

Day 1 evening.

Came home from the hospital and we're in our hotel. I have a recliner, a kitchenette, and a bathtub. Recliner is not like mine at home, but at least it helps me sit without as much pressure from below.

Pain is a little worse tonight. The pain in penis and balls is understandable. I'm icing and taking Tylenol, which doesn't help much. Ibuprofen, which I can start tomorrow, will probably work better. The worst pain is when I sit up or stand up and put pressure on my abdomen. It's almost like I pulled a muscle there. Probably from the placement of the reservoir.

I've had a couple funny experiences. The first was after we got back to the hotel and needed to go back out to get something. I put on a very loose pair of sweat pants with a one-button fly. Soft and comfy. My implant tents them out in front, but I put on a button-down shirt with a long tail and the shirt tail covers the front. My wife said it looked fairly natural. Walking down the hotel hallway I felt a little breeze down below and looked down to see my dick was sticking out the fly and had pushed the shirt tail aside - flashing anyone who might look. I'd forgotten to button the fly. Thankfully, no one was in the hallway and I didn't get arrested.

Later, I had my first non-catheter peeing. Can't point the dick down, and it went all over. I guess some guys pee into sinks while in this state. I'm still at 70% inflated and will stay that way until activation a week from today. Meanwhile, I'll figure out something.

I'm supposed to take off the jock and pull down on the pump in my sac each time I pee, so I'll remember to do it enough. The boys seem to be making space for their new roommate ok. The pump is easy to get to. I haven't really tried to inflate it, but I wanted to see if it was flexible at all. It's very, very hard, with no "give" at all. My guess is that it will be a real challenge to pump it. I can still feel the pump easily enough. It's a little harder now to feel the deflate button on the side. Doc said this would happen, which was why he wanted me to feel it this morning. Glad he did. I know where the button is now and could use it if needed, but it's harder to feel for.

I'm a little smaller than I thought I'd be, both length and girth. Though I'm at 70% and sticking straight out, my dick appears a little undersized from what I expected. Don't know if that will improve with time and healing or not. Certainly no where near as big as in the VED. My fat pad is swollen, also, making me appear even smaller. But at 70% I'm clearly hard enough for sex. If I'm this size for good, it will work just fine. The size has caused me a couple of "why did I do this" moments. I'll just have to see what happens. As the doc showed me this morning, the cylinder tips extend into the glans as they should. I'm going to have faith that it will all be fine once I've healed and can pump to max, and with time it will get even bigger. Many guys here have said they had to be patient and then saw improvement.

Everything seems to be progressing as it should. Hard to believe that yesterday I was never hard and now I'm hard all the time. Darn thing is getting in the way a little. Nice to have that problem. Reminds me of being a teenager.

A couple guys in chat told me I should go ahead and take a pain pill. While it's an opioid, I have no fear of getting hooked, just trying to be as healthy as I can. So I took one when I started writing this. Feeling much better now. Thanks, Gary and JJ!

Tomorrow I get to use a hot shower, as well as take Ibuprofen. Doc said to get the water as hot as I could stand and stay there as long as I could with the hot water hitting my groin. Many have said ice helps and it does. He says by tomorrow heat will be even better. I don't yet know if I'm supposed to ice when not in the shower or keep warm all the time. I'll figure it out.

I'll post tomorrow if there is anything to report. I hope this drivel will be of use to someone. My best to all of you.

Quincy.
Last edited by Quincy on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71, Boise area, Married

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:45 am

Congrats! Welcome to the club! Try standing far back from the toilet and try to hunch over a bit to get the right angle when urinating. Your new penis can look shocking at first. With cycling and when aroused, it will look better and get bigger.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:05 am

Quite enjoyable reading Quincy. Heal well. I talked to several patients of Karpman a couple years ago. All stated excellent results and told me of his great bedside manner. Hope the surfer dude did you good as well. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 am

Glad your doing OK. It will get better and bigger, I promise. I can't remember how many times I forget to zip up. Wearing a tux at college, I sang in an Acapella group. When we came on stage in front of 600 people. I realized my fly was open. I turned around and gave the choir a show as I tried to zip up. Tuxedos zippers are very long and hard to reach. So I shook my ass in front of 600 people trying to zip up. From then on the guys did a zipper check affectionately referred to as a 'donnie'.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Post-surgery day 2, morning.

I got a full 6 and a half hours of sleep last night. I woke up several times and had to reposition things but went right back to sleep. I have a fitbit with a sleep monitor. I was apparently awake for 47 minutes and asleep 6 hours and 33 minutes during the night.

I usually sleep on my side, but that's harder with the swelling and soreness, so I spent most of the time on my back. Stuffing two large pillows between my knees did let me get some time on my side, though.

I was very sore this morning, probably because I wasn't icing while asleep. It was hard to hobble back and forth. The worst pain is on the right side just above the right nut. That's where the tubing goes through the canal up to the reservoir, I think, and understandable that it would be sore.

The 3 boys are definitely fighting for space. I'm supposed to wear the jock with a hole in it all the time, but it presses everything together making things much less comfortable. I took it off after I got up and it felt better. Ice since then has helped a lot, and as long as I don't move I feel pretty good.

It isn't too hard to find the pump and pull it down this morning, so swelling there isn't too bad yet. Apparently it will be worse tomorrow. It IS harder to feel the deflate button. Glad my doc had me search it out before the swelling started yesterday. At least I know where it is. I'm hoping my doc is right and after tomorrow The swelling will begin to get better, but if not, it will be ok. The result is worth the journey.

So, in a "nut"shell: Slept OK, swelling and pain worse by morning but improving with ice. Progressing as expected.

I'll be trying Ibuprofen and a hot shower later today. Both should help.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks Quincy for the excellent journal! My surgery is on the 26th, meet with the doc. on the 20th. had all the lab work yesterday. I'm with Kaiser and have not heard from anyone on FT that has had a Kaiser implant experience, so I may be the first. So you have inspired me to do a journal as well but sure it won't be as good as yours, but will try. I have already taken some "before" pictures that I will post along with some "after" pix along with measurements. Good luck on your recovery and hope all continues to improve as time goes by.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”