Star's Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Star's Journal

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 am

Spikepork wrote:Hi. Apologies. My experience here is I grow around 3/4 inch from flaccid to pumped. With a Titan there is no real “stretch” of the cylinders as opposed to those who suggest there is with the alternative type of implant.

Since Dec 14th I have gained 1/2 inch in length and girth with the AMS LGX. Before anybody decides to post and dispute it, know this, I don't give a flying fuck if you believe me or not. Me, the tape measure and my wife all know it to be true... that's good enough for me. :)

Larry

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 am

Thanks Spikepork, very useful to know

Spikepork wrote:Hi. Apologies. My experience here is I grow around 3/4 inch from flaccid to pumped. With a Titan there is no real “stretch” of the cylinders as opposed to those who suggest there is with the alternative type of implant.
30 yo based in UK. ED for 9Y & complex med history. Tried pills, injections, dorsal vein ligation before implanted with 20cm Titan on 31-May-18. First implant had floppy glans + bad tubing. On 28-Aug-20 underwent a revision to 20cm Titan + 4cm RTEs

JohnThomas

Postby JohnThomas » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 am

I dont think the Coloplast Titan Touch increases your length at all. When fully pumped and erect I am 7 inches, maybe seven and a bit. Prior to the implant I was 7.5 inches when erect, but then again it was harder to get and maintain erection. With the implant I am much thicker - about 5.75 inches circumference.

I will gladly trade in a small reduction in length for a wider girth and the ability to maintain a good erection :)

In terms of the extent to which the cyclinders go into the glans, my left hand cyclinfer goes about 1 cm into it, but my right hand cyclinder only touches the base of it ( for some reason when I was measured for my cyclinders, they made one a centimetre shorter than the other ( 22 and 23).

I hav read somewhere that it is dangerous if the cylinders are pushed too far into the glans
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am

JohnThomas wrote:
I hav read somewhere that it is dangerous if the cylinders are pushed too far into the glans

When I spoke with my surgeon about my fear of sizing and floppy head he told me some doctors are on the conservative side when sizing because tips pushing on the top of the glans would eventually break through the top of the glans. He said if I walked around 24/7 with full pump it would happen even with perfectly sized vessels. He made it sound like pumping to full is not an issue but the movement of the tips would wear away at the skin over time if walking around all day maxed.

My immediate question was about this occurring during sex and he said it will to some extent but not something to be concerned with if the sizing is done correctly. My next question was about leaving a few pumps in to avoid the dog ears in the Titan and he said as long as your not pumped to max where you feel pain/pressure in the glans that should be fine.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am

Chill Larry. I was talking about the Titan. Jesus.

Larry10625 wrote:

Since Dec 14th I have gained 1/2 inch in length and girth with the AMS LGX. Before anybody decides to post and dispute it, know this, I don't give a flying fuck if you believe me or not. Me, the tape measure and my wife all know it to be true... that's good enough for me. :)

Larry
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks JohnThomas, that's useful to know. Yeah I'm not looking to add to my pre op erect length, I am more than accepting that I will lose some size. I haven't been able to fully inflate yet as I am only two weeks post surgery, so interested to see how much length I get from my just over 5 inch deflated to my fully inflated length after a bit of cycling. I was also not very girthy pre implant so it is nice to add a bit!

JohnThomas wrote:I dont think the Coloplast Titan Touch increases your length at all. When fully pumped and erect I am 7 inches, maybe seven and a bit. Prior to the implant I was 7.5 inches when erect, but then again it was harder to get and maintain erection. With the implant I am much thicker - about 5.75 inches circumference.

I will gladly trade in a small reduction in length for a wider girth and the ability to maintain a good erection :)

In terms of the extent to which the cyclinders go into the glans, my left hand cyclinfer goes about 1 cm into it, but my right hand cyclinder only touches the base of it ( for some reason when I was measured for my cyclinders, they made one a centimetre shorter than the other ( 22 and 23).

30 yo based in UK. ED for 9Y & complex med history. Tried pills, injections, dorsal vein ligation before implanted with 20cm Titan on 31-May-18. First implant had floppy glans + bad tubing. On 28-Aug-20 underwent a revision to 20cm Titan + 4cm RTEs

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Does this mean your deflated length is the same as your inflated length?

Not exactly, - maybe. Sometimes it will shrink by crinkling and wrinkling. It seemed to get a little softer as the months went by. But, often it just drooped down when deflated and was pretty much the same length as it had been when inflated. Just my experience, others may have different results.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm

3 weeks post implant now. I wanted to highlight a few concerns at this stage, whilst also presenting a fair reflection of the pros and cons of the implant thus far, whilst remembering I am only 3 weeks out and yet to inflate/cycle.

1) urine leakage - no matter how many times I shake or try and get rid of the last drops of urine I am dribbling in my pants after. I think may be this may be due to the fact my penis is standing out at 4 o clock so no having the gravitational benefit. There is still some swelling on my sack and I probably have a couple of pumps in the implant so it wont hang at 6 o clock yet. Was this common for other people?

2) pump placement. My pump is right in the middle of my scrotum, in between my two balls, but it seems high, hard and noticeable when you lightly palpate. I am worried that when I have sex with my gf on top, she will be able to feel what seems like hard plastic that she is bouncing on to. This won't be comfortable for either of us. I assume some of this is still the swelling and I have read comments about pulling down the pump etc.....any one have any thoughts on this?

3) natural look - kind of ties in with my point one and how my penis is currently hanging. I have a Titan and it is a bit sore where the dog ears are noticeable as it hangs out and flops down

4) cylinder tips / floppy glans. This is specific to me but something I will address once I am cycling and if still concerned will seek a second opinion from Dr Ralph

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Thanks for the update and info on concerns.

I don't have much to help with one some. With regard to pump placement, my doc said to gently pull down on the pump in the scrotum to have it move lower. GENTLY! He started me doing this as soon as the wrapping came off, and said I should do it every day, multiple times a day. To remind me, he said just do it automatically after every pee so I'd be sure to do it repeatedly. You should ask your doctor about it. Apparently, staying in one place for a long time lets the pump adhere to the tissues around it.

I've still had a little problem keeping everything separate - the pump wanted to attach to a testicle once and even more to the back of the scrotum. I asked him about it again yesterday, and he said he'd like me to massage it, somewhat hard, and keep it released. He wants it to be a like a bell clapper, free and loose inside the sack. Again, something you should cover with your doc.

Good to see that you are making progress.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks Quincy, I knew there was something I was forgetting, and that's the adhesion. My pump is 100% adhered to the skin and I am trying in the bath to gently massage it away. Have to be careful as I have a scab from my stitches and dont want to open it up at all! Good advice though, so thanks

Quincy wrote:Thanks for the update and info on concerns.

I don't have much to help with one some. With regard to pump placement, my doc said to gently pull down on the pump in the scrotum to have it move lower. GENTLY! He started me doing this as soon as the wrapping came off, and said I should do it every day, multiple times a day. To remind me, he said just do it automatically after every pee so I'd be sure to do it repeatedly. You should ask your doctor about it. Apparently, staying in one place for a long time lets the pump adhere to the tissues around it.

I've still had a little problem keeping everything separate - the pump wanted to attach to a testicle once and even more to the back of the scrotum. I asked him about it again yesterday, and he said he'd like me to massage it, somewhat hard, and keep it released. He wants it to be a like a bell clapper, free and loose inside the sack. Again, something you should cover with your doc.

Good to see that you are making progress.

Return to “Implants”