Star's Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
OregonStrong

Re: Star's Journal

Postby OregonStrong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:16 pm

NextStepImplant wrote:Dig a bit on this forum and you will find out that the lgx doesn’t provide more length then the titan. The advertisements for lgx talk about lengthening but what they mean to say is that the lgx flaccid size is smaller then the Titans flaccid. The lgx expands more then the titan when inflated and the titan flaccid is closer to its fully erect size. The lgx comes in less sizes then the titan and requires more rear tip extenders often to make up the difference. The base of the implant likes to bend where it connects with the RTEs which can result in a erection that often bends at the base of your penis during intercourse. Another thing, each size of the titan increases in girth compared to the previous size, so the 24 cm titan has less girth then the 22cm titan. I have a 26 cm titan and the largest lgx a doctor will use is either 18 or 21 cm. So if I got the lgx at best I would get is a 21cm with 5cm RTE. With that I would have less girth and may experience the negative of having a bendable base during erection.

Thanks. Just watching videos of the pumps laid out on table and pumped up it appeared the LGX's definitely were expanding longitudinally more than the Titan's did, so that's why I figured those devices would have less chance for floppy glans if they were slightly undersized like the OP's was. Interesting about the bending aspect at the base, and I guess that depends on your implantation measurements and personal anatomy (how much internal penis) if that's a risk.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:29 am

I agree that the cylinders need to be pulled more to where the tips will be right about the center of the gland. On my second revision that I had, that is exactly what they done using the same LGX cylinders that had been in there for just ten months. Then the surgeon just added rte's at the base for a total of 21cm. But I can see plainly the tips on yours and they are way to low, need to be pulled into the gland and add rte's unless they decide to pull the cylinders out and do a complete revision. My original plan was to just replace the pump which seemed simple to me, but the surgeon noticed that the tip of one of my cylinders was very noticeable pushing a bit to the side when inflated. So he decided right there while I was out, to correct the problem and pull them into the gland. I was all healed up in three weeks. I was really impressed with the work he done and I love my dick. I am getting up in age and have a young wife, so I am happy with my surgery.
I am sure they will do the same with yours. But the original surgeon should have known better. That is what gauges are for to measure the exact length of your penis when inflated and no error like that should have been made.
Good luck and keep us informed as to how your revision comes out.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:09 am

So finally after two years after initially being implanted I am scheduled to have my revision surgery on the 28th August. Looking forward to fixing this floppy glans and horrendous tubing issue in my scrotum.

I will update post surgery to let you know how I have got on. The original reservoir I believe will remain in place, but I wonder if a revision will result in more/less post op pain?
30 yo based in UK. ED for 9Y & complex med history. Tried pills, injections, dorsal vein ligation before implanted with 20cm Titan on 31-May-18. First implant had floppy glans + bad tubing. On 28-Aug-20 underwent a revision to 20cm Titan + 4cm RTEs

Fernando

Postby Fernando » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:42 am

Hi Star,

I wish you the best of luck in the world for the review of the prosthesis that is scheduled for the next 28th.
It is really necessary to be very lucky with a very large set of factors for the success of the implant, and it is not enough just the experience and competence of the doctor, as we have seen here at FT, where very reputable doctors also have very bad results .
It is a bit incomprehensible to me, but this issue of implants on the part of doctors seems to me to be a little treated and poorly studied. It seems that doctors are not as committed as in other areas of surgery. I don't really understand. I have read every stupid thing on the part of the doctors that I just feel like beating them for incompetence and stupidity.
The other day I read an article by a doctor, theoretically specialized in penile implants, who said that he left the tip of the teeth about 2 centimeters from the tip of the penis and then put RTE...
Such a guy doesn't even know what he's doing. I can't really understand how they can be so incompetent and have no idea what they are doing.
I understand the fear of over-dimensioning a prosthesis, and I even admit that it is not very easy to get it right the first time before implanting it, but I think it is a professional, ethical and deontological duty to deliver the best possible result. If that means placing another implant during surgery and throwing away what you tried to implant in the first place, patience.
But that is not what happens. As with everything in life you have to be lucky.
I wish you all the luck in the world and that you recover quickly.
A special greeting for your girlfriend.
From what you told us, great woman. I congratulate you both.
Really a loving, understanding woman who likes us is a gift from heaven.
star_of_pramen wrote:So finally after two years after initially being implanted I am scheduled to have my revision surgery on the 28th August. Looking forward to fixing this floppy glans and horrendous tubing issue in my scrotum.

I will update post surgery to let you know how I have got on. The original reservoir I believe will remain in place, but I wonder if a revision will result in more/less post op pain?

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi everyone,

So I have had my revision surgery this morning and am now recovering in hospital overnight, before being sent home tomorrow. As you may know I had a floppy glans as well as poor tubing in what my doctor referred to as ‘Maserati’ pump as the kinking made it look like the sign of the car, resulting in much discomfort.

I was ensured that Dr Ralph was doing the surgery and not his junior/assistant (believe it or not this is common in the UK, where you can be under the care of 1 doctors clinic but that doesn’t guarantee they will perform or oversee the surgery). I spoke to his junior briefly post op when I had just cane round and was extremely groggy, and he said they have sorted out the tubing and added 4cm of RTEs to the existing implant. I assumed they would just replace the existing 20cm implant with a 24cm one, but may be they opted for the existing implant + RTEs to reduce the invasiveness of the op. Either way, I will be asking this question for clarification tomorrow. I am amazed either way that I was 4cm undersized from my last op, no wonder I had floppy glans! Yes, for all the penile prosthesis experts on this forum, I am aware that this doesn’t necessarily mean my penis will be 4cm longer as some of that length may be deeper into my stomach. I was also told that they added in a small stitch just below the glans to help with the floppy head - not a frenuloplasty as such, nor a circumcision, but hopefully this will help with the stability.

Lastly I am relatively pain free and in good spirits. May be this is because they have kept the same cylinders, pump and reservoir, only adding the RTEs and fixed the tubing + adding the stitch below the glans.

I will update tomorrow post my conversation with the doc.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I’ll see if I can help

Best,

Star
30 yo based in UK. ED for 9Y & complex med history. Tried pills, injections, dorsal vein ligation before implanted with 20cm Titan on 31-May-18. First implant had floppy glans + bad tubing. On 28-Aug-20 underwent a revision to 20cm Titan + 4cm RTEs

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:37 pm

Thank you so much for sharing! It is really great to hear that you'll have the implant that you should have had all along. I get the feeling like they'll most likely do a 24cm implant when you do a full replacement (when the current one eventually fails)...I wouldn't want to tear out a functioning implant unless absolutely necessary if I was a doc. Eager to hear about your recovery and how the revision works out for you!
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:08 pm

That is great you were able to get it fixed.

Were you able to have "normal" sex when you were shorted?
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 am

ViaSwiss wrote:That is great you were able to get it fixed.

Were you able to have "normal" sex when you were shorted?

I was, sex was completely fine. The tubing and pump sat quite high which occasionally was uncomfortable, but the floppy gland didn’t cause too many problems

Edmaan89

Postby Edmaan89 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Any updates? How is it?

Return to “Implants”