Why are Implants Losing to Pills?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Why are Implants Losing to Pills?

Postby Larry10625 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 am

bldoink wrote:The pills are less intrusive for starters. Implants actually predate the pills. It's only natural that a newer treatment that is less intrusive, cheaper and provides a satisfactory solution for many men is going to cut into the implant market. While the implant is a miracle cure for many, the pills are a miracle cure for many more.

That's not an anti-implant statement. I agree that there are many cases where the implant could be seen as a God send were it used. I'm sure there are many thousands of men that could benefit from an implant but are never told of it or can't afford it.

I don't entirely disagree with you but there are some issues that cannot be fixed with pills and injections. These can be diagnosed with ultra sound or x-ray. Also, the re are lots of people who cannot take the pills because of reaction, allergy, etc and reaction, pain and scar tissue from the needles. For men who are not bothered by pills and/or injections, I think they should try them. :)

Larry

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Tue May 29, 2018 8:13 am

alterr wrote:If implants are so much better than pills, VED and other solutions, why is it losing so much popularity to these other solutions?

I have had ED for 21 years. I have tried every "snake oil", pill, VED, and Trimix. I am now at the strongest dose my urologist will prescribe, no luck with a usable erection. I can't wait to have my dick cut open! :o

Losing popularity? I think anyone in my situation wants an implant. Cost, the fear of surgery, fear of a bad outcome, fear of losing size etc.

I can't use my dick for its intended purpose. :x So none of those fears matter to me.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 am

When I think back on everything I tried for my ED before being implanted, one theme comes up constantly. Timing a pill or an injection thrusted an element into sex that lessened the enjoyment of it. Also, there was the worry that the timing would be off just enough to insure a failure. That concern usually turned out to be a self fulfilling prophecy. I have fond memories of being a younger guy who had lots of spontaneous sex with a lot of women, never having to do anything to prepare for it aside from yanking the jeans down off my partner. While an implant doesn't provide that level of spontaneity, it's absolutely a lot faster than waiting for a pill or working up the nerve to shove a needle in your dick. Plus, the end result is ALWAYS the same, a rock hard absolutely reliable dick every time.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Tue May 29, 2018 1:26 pm

I would say that pills are easy to get and some men are scared of the implant surgery. But I have had both and there is no comparison pills to implant. Implant wins hands down.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue May 29, 2018 11:23 pm

The biggest downside? When it faces down it is big. Now is that really a disappointment? It is biggest when up though. Cheers
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Wed May 30, 2018 4:02 am

"If implants are so much better than pills, VED and other solutions, why is it losing so much popularity to these other solutions?"

For me, it should have been an option post BMT for leukemia 25 yrs ago. Better late than never but life is toooo short. Sex is one of the most important things for any person. Most men should have the option much earlier in their life than 77 yrs old. I feel like a teenager again.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Return to “Implants”