Confidence after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Happy Toy

Confidence after implant

Postby Happy Toy » Mon May 28, 2018 11:39 am

Question for those of you who could get an erection before implant but couldn't keep it long enough for intercourse. That has been my problem for over 6 mo. now, been using injections for 12+ yrs. now, and I'm to the point that I don't try now because I have it in my head that I will fail. My wife is very understanding but I feel like a failure. Question; after your implant and recovery, how confident were you that you would be able to perform? Did it take a number of "tries"? I know we are all different but would like some idea what some of you went through. I'm 74 years young, have a wonderful wife of 51 years, and am looking forward to fully satisfying her, and myself. Thanks for your input.
P.S. Should be having surgery in June sometime, waiting for date, everything has been approved, (Kaiser).
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Greg1956

Re: Confidence after implant

Postby Greg1956 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:47 pm

I was immediately confident. I knew my bionic penis wouldn’t let me down the way my natural penis had. Perhaps I was too confident and exuberant because I went in fully pumped and it was to hard for my wife and not all that great for me either. Once I deflated to about 75-80% we hit our stride and it has been great.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon May 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Greg1956 wrote:I was immediately confident. I knew my bionic penis wouldn’t let me down the way my natural penis had. Perhaps I was too confident and exuberant because I went in fully pumped and it was to hard for my wife and not all that great for me either. Once I deflated to about 75-80% we hit our stride and it has been great.

Greg

Ditto on all counts.

And the confidence isn’t just pre-intercourse. For me it has changed my confidence in myself across the board.

Best wishes. I’m sure you will love your new life.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Mon May 28, 2018 6:21 pm

radioradio wrote:
Greg1956 wrote:I was immediately confident. I knew my bionic penis wouldn’t let me down the way my natural penis had. Perhaps I was too confident and exuberant because I went in fully pumped and it was to hard for my wife and not all that great for me either. Once I deflated to about 75-80% we hit our stride and it has been great.

Greg

Ditto on all counts.

And the confidence isn’t just pre-intercourse. For me it has changed my confidence in myself across the board.

Bob

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to it, tiered of the injections. Will let you know when I become a "brother", and how it went.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon May 28, 2018 10:12 pm

radioradio wrote:

Greg

Ditto on all counts.

Bob

Same here. A dick that can always get hard and stay hard as long as I want it to -- oh yeah, baby! :D

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 am

andywalther wrote:Question for those of you who could get an erection before implant but couldn't keep it long enough for intercourse. That has been my problem for over 6 mo. now, been using injections for 12+ yrs. now, and I'm to the point that I don't try now because I have it in my head that I will fail. My wife is very understanding but I feel like a failure. Question; after your implant and recovery, how confident were you that you would be able to perform? Did it take a number of "tries"? I know we are all different but would like some idea what some of you went through. I'm 74 years young, have a wonderful wife of 51 years, and am looking forward to fully satisfying her, and myself. Thanks for your input.
P.S. Should be having surgery in June sometime, waiting for date, everything has been approved, (Kaiser).

Here's my prescription:

Pump up to just barely enough that your dick does not buckle when you press on the tip with the pressure (from your hand) approximating the pressure from you wife's vagina during penetration. (Your wife does not have to be present for this).

If your erection is of such a size that you can conceal it in everyday activities, do this during the day. If not, do this at night.

The purpose is to show/reassure/convince your unconscious mind that your dick will stay erect, no matter what.

That SHOULD give you the confidence that your erection will not cooapse at inopportune times.

This is what I do to boost my confidence that I can rely on the implant to maintain an erection usable for sex.\

Having said that, my and my partner's problem is no longer MY ability to maintain an erection. But her ability to move with the flow. (She has bad knees and other problems).. An ironic twist. Before, I had difficulty. Now SHE has the difficulty.

But I have found that my confidence that we can try this position, that position, another position, position after position until we find one that works. And I can try repeatedly without a single shred of doubt that my erection will BE THERE for her to try whatever position will work for her.

Second prescruption:

Level with her. She WILL understand. Women are chromosomaly wired to be supportive (I know, that SOUNDS sexist, but trust me, it is not. It is no more sexist than recognizing that women produce eggs and men produce sperm.) And, aftera all, it is in her best interest for the two of you to succeed.

Third prescription:
Remember that it is not the destination that is the goal. It is the JOURNEY. Even if you don't have orgasms (either of you), coupling is the journey.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

rancher

Postby rancher » Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 am

It has been about two years since I've had intercourse with my wife. At that point nothing kept me hard enough to have penetration. I'm currently at 32 days post op. I have my 6 week followup appointment with my doc next Wednesday. He'll "officially" start me cycling and probably give me the "go ahead" for having sex. I've been cycling on my own for a week. Though I'm not back to my full pre-op size, I am extremely excited about how hard I get when I pump up. I cycle twice a day and try for an hour and a half hour session. Having my dick this hard for an hour at a time is building my confidence tremendously. For years prior to no longer being able to have intercourse, I was always worried that , "will I be able to stay hard enough long enough ." Now, that won't be a problem. My wife and I have been talking "frankly" and we are both excited and nervous about our first sex post-op. Not having to worry whether Mr. Dick will be able to hold up his end of the deal, I can concentrate completely on my wife and making her happy. And you better believe that makes me extremely happy.

And that gives me confidence that I have not had for a long time.
Implanted with Titan by Dr. Higuchi at Colorado University Hospital on April 27th, 2018.
65 years young.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

rancher wrote:It has been about two years since I've had intercourse with my wife. At that point nothing kept me hard enough to have penetration. I'm currently at 32 days post op. I have my 6 week followup appointment with my doc next Wednesday. He'll "officially" start me cycling and probably give me the "go ahead" for having sex. I've been cycling on my own for a week. Though I'm not back to my full pre-op size, I am extremely excited about how hard I get when I pump up. I cycle twice a day and try for an hour and a half hour session. Having my dick this hard for an hour at a time is building my confidence tremendously. For years prior to no longer being able to have intercourse, I was always worried that , "will I be able to stay hard enough long enough ." Now, that won't be a problem. My wife and I have been talking "frankly" and we are both excited and nervous about our first sex post-op. Not having to worry whether Mr. Dick will be able to hold up his end of the deal, I can concentrate completely on my wife and making her happy. And you better believe that makes me extremely happy.

Thanks again! Can't wait, it's going to be a loonngg 2+ months before I can try out my NEW "equipment". We have always had a good sex life, although she just won't do oral, which I would like, but otherwise, really tries to please me, especially lately with "my" problem. I really want to please her with something other then a vibrator, she deserves it!
Andy

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Tue May 29, 2018 11:18 am

I am not confident that mine won't blow out while pumping it up (like my first one did after just 4.5 years....). Can't afford another one when this one blows out. Hopefully it will last longer than the first one...

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:55 am

andywalther wrote:
rancher wrote:It has been about two years since I've had intercourse with my wife. At that point nothing kept me hard enough to have penetration. I'm currently at 32 days post op. I have my 6 week followup appointment with my doc next Wednesday. He'll "officially" start me cycling and probably give me the "go ahead" for having sex. I've been cycling on my own for a week. Though I'm not back to my full pre-op size, I am extremely excited about how hard I get when I pump up. I cycle twice a day and try for an hour and a half hour session. Having my dick this hard for an hour at a time is building my confidence tremendously. For years prior to no longer being able to have intercourse, I was always worried that , "will I be able to stay hard enough long enough ." Now, that won't be a problem. My wife and I have been talking "frankly" and we are both excited and nervous about our first sex post-op. Not having to worry whether Mr. Dick will be able to hold up his end of the deal, I can concentrate completely on my wife and making her happy. And you better believe that makes me extremely happy.

Thanks again! Can't wait, it's going to be a loonngg 2+ months before I can try out my NEW "equipment". We have always had a good sex life, although she just won't do oral, which I would like, but otherwise, really tries to please me, especially lately with "my" problem. I really want to please her with something other then a vibrator, she deserves it!
Andy

I am quite certain if you really wanted a BJ, there are some very discreet ladies that would be willing to accommodate you for a fee. They would be really good at it too, maybe even swallow. That may improve your love life with your wife because you wouldn't be resenting the fact that she won't blow you.

As for vibrators, my wife had one called it the Air Touch, and she goes just nuts for this thing. We use it during foreplay and I usually control, although she usually takes it and finishes herself off. This is a great little toy and I highly recommend it. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”