Biking after Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
andrew1959nj

Re: Biking after Implant

Postby andrew1959nj » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:05 am

I couldn't ride my road bike prior to my implant due to balance issues. 6 months post-implant I wanted to ride again so I purchased a Cannondale hybrid bike. To it, I added a Suntour SP12-NCX Mountain suspension seat post and an Aeroelastic AE saddle. The saddle looks very strange and I had to make many adjustments but it all works well and nothing touches your junk. Ridding bike is fun again and I'm up to 10-mile rides in two weeks. I ride mostly on paved roads and nice bike paths.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Eveready

Postby Eveready » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:42 am

Good to hear, boys! Keep pedalling - but leave a bit in the tank for fun afterwards.
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:26 pm

I was worried about that too, but there hasn't been any problems for me. It's been 3 years since my implant.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

wasif lghari

Postby wasif lghari » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:23 am

Greg1956 wrote:I ride bike a lot, about 10 miles per ride. I am totally comfortable. The only change I made was to add a padded seat cover over my regular seat. I wish I had done that before the implant because it is nicer on my butt. I never notice any discomfort from the pump or cylinders.

Greg

somewhere i read that more biking will bounce the balls more in this way pumps gonna be showing signs of wear and tear early tell me about your experience have you seen or noticed any dysfunctioning of your implants due to bike riding?
23 years old asian guy injured penis by jelqing a penile stretching exercise for enlargement of penis

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:05 pm

I have had no problems at all.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:16 pm

No issues for me. I ride road bike and mountain bike , also downhill without issues. I just use a saddle that apply no pressure in the perineal area
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:15 pm

I’ve seen many of the post on this thread.

I have a 2016 Specialized S Works Tarmac
I put in about 5k a year on my bike.

Before I got my implant, I was using an ISM PL 1.1 saddle. I might have tried to get back on the bike too quick when I was 6 1/2 weeks out from surgery. I felt like I was having some rubbing issues with the boys and the pump.

I ordered a complete no nose saddle, Easy Seat II by Hobson. I had to take it to the bike shop to get it dialed in for fit.
It’s just ok, I don’t like the riding style of sitting on top of the saddle rather that hugging it with my sits bones. I’ve put 250 miles with the East Seat II on the bike.

I’m thinking about putting my ISM PL 1.1 back on to see if things are better done there since I’m at 12 weeks out.

Some of you guys said you use the ISM PN 3.1, which it is shorter than my ISM and it looks like it has a wider opening at the front.

Appreciate any update from all of you that are back on the bike.

I have a AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 3cm rear tips
The pump is between the two boys in the front.
It seems to have found a comfortable place between the boys and I believe that the surgical capsule is forming around it or my body is getting use to it.

Thanks,
SWorks17
Age 65, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:02 pm

I ride a lot. I use a saddle called aerolasric that puts all the pressure on the sit bones, off the perineum. I also ride mtb and enduro with those saddles and i have no issues. I tried to use other saddles and i feel the pump a little bit that press on the saddle probably because my pump is really stealth behind the testicles.
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

Return to “Implants”