How to temper expectations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Baseballfan11

How to temper expectations

Postby Baseballfan11 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:25 pm

How would you guys recommend tempering my expectations in the event I get an implant? In my head all I can think of is my normal dick as it is now that just requires a little squeezing to have work every time. Obviously it's not all that simple and there can be complications and such.
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

radioradio

Re: How to temper expectations

Postby radioradio » Tue May 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Baseball,

The biggest expectation that I didn’t temper was what I thought my wife’s response/reaction/interest would be. It’s less...

Knowing what I know now though, if I were young like you (and single?), I’d do it in a heartbeat and never look back.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:How would you guys recommend tempering my expectations in the event I get an implant? In my head all I can think of is my normal dick as it is now that just requires a little squeezing to have work every time. Obviously it's not all that simple and there can be complications and such.

i have read all your posts and i don't think you are near ready to consider an implant.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:44 am

nudist wrote:
Baseballfan11 wrote:How would you guys recommend tempering my expectations in the event I get an implant? In my head all I can think of is my normal dick as it is now that just requires a little squeezing to have work every time. Obviously it's not all that simple and there can be complications and such.

i have read all your posts and i don't think you are near ready to consider an implant.

My urologist said the same. I just don't want to do injections for fear of developing peyronies
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Tryin2hard

Postby Tryin2hard » Thu May 24, 2018 4:19 pm

I have also read all your posts. you are not ready for an implant. This is a serious and permanent procedure that NONE of us jump into. Once you have exhausted all other avenues and possible treatments, then and only then should the idea of an implant be explored.The decision to get an implant is life altering, one that has been forced on most of us out of desperation because all else failed. This isn't like getting a motorcycle or a new jetski.My intention is not to be rude but to put this in perspective. The process can be long and emotionally exhausting. Find a medical professional that you are comfortable with and take your time in making your decision.
68 yrs old. Peyronies diagnosed 3 years ago. tried pills and Trimix injections. Implanted April 13 2018. 18 cm ams lgx with 1 cm rte by Dr. Eid.

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Had the implant on May 11th. Went to NY to take the stitches out and do a final review by Dr. Eid today. Everything is great. Had sex three times yesterday. I'm my old self if not better. I would not believe it a few weeks ago, this dick is even better than my original. On demand erection, sex anywhere and anytime. Which normal guy can do that?!! I couldn't be like this before ED.
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Tryin2hard wrote:I have also read all your posts. you are not ready for an implant. This is a serious and permanent procedure that NONE of us jump into. Once you have exhausted all other avenues and possible treatments, then and only then should the idea of an implant be explored.The decision to get an implant is life altering, one that has been forced on most of us out of desperation because all else failed. This isn't like getting a motorcycle or a new jetski.My intention is not to be rude but to put this in perspective. The process can be long and emotionally exhausting. Find a medical professional that you are comfortable with and take your time in making your decision.

I appreciate the feedback. Do you think injections would be appropriate for someone as young as me?

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Thu May 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:
Tryin2hard wrote:I have also read all your posts. you are not ready for an implant. This is a serious and permanent procedure that NONE of us jump into. Once you have exhausted all other avenues and possible treatments, then and only then should the idea of an implant be explored.The decision to get an implant is life altering, one that has been forced on most of us out of desperation because all else failed. This isn't like getting a motorcycle or a new jetski.My intention is not to be rude but to put this in perspective. The process can be long and emotionally exhausting. Find a medical professional that you are comfortable with and take your time in making your decision.

I appreciate the feedback. Do you think injections would be appropriate for someone as young as me?

Yes. I was using injections at your age. If the injections work think a few good encounters with injections could change your sex life completely.
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Ruktitan wrote:
Baseballfan11 wrote:

Yes. I was using injections at your age. If the injections work think a few good encounters with injections could change your sex life completely.

Go with the injections, worked great for me for 12+ yrs. Now I am going for the implant. I have a question for anyone out there. I am still getting pretty good erections with the injections, they just don't last, I use them about three times a week just to get hard. Should I also be using a pump in preparation for the implant which will be in about a month?
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:45 am

andywalther wrote:
Ruktitan wrote:
Baseballfan11 wrote:

Go with the injections, worked great for me for 12+ yrs. Now I am going for the implant. I have a question for anyone out there. I am still getting pretty good erections with the injections, they just don't last, I use them about three times a week just to get hard. Should I also be using a pump in preparation for the implant which will be in about a month?

My surgeon recommends using the pump 2 to 3 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes each, one month before implant and during cycling.

Larry

Return to “Implants”