Does anyone have independent ins. that covers implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Does anyone have independent ins. that covers implants

Postby newbie443 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 pm

One other thing that I remembered. In my state I needed to have tried other treatments and failed. And needed a Doctor to determine that the cause from physical injury or illness. Bottom line was I had to fail with injections before insurance would pay part of this.

Good luck to you with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:58 pm

So my uro also used the term 'elective'.
What does that mean? That we have a choice of whether or not to be able to have sex?
I believe if a woman has a mastectomy, then breast reconstruction, or implants are mandated for insurance. This is because otherwise a woman is depressed, and causes health issues.

So if a man can't get any erection, and can't have sex, who cares?.... Seems that is how it is.
There is nothing elective about it if nothing else is working, or if other solutions will eventually cause harm to the body.
WTF.

TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:26 pm

TT,

You have a 401k or IRA through your employer, right? There used to be a provision for borrowing from one of those plans for medical expenses. You would still be paying for the procedure yourself but financing it over several years. Might be worth asking HR.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:56 pm

treetop wrote:So my uro also used the term 'elective'.
What does that mean? That we have a choice of whether or not to be able to have sex?
I believe if a woman has a mastectomy, then breast reconstruction, or implants are mandated for insurance. This is because otherwise a woman is depressed, and causes health issues.

So if a man can't get any erection, and can't have sex, who cares?.... Seems that is how it is.
There is nothing elective about it if nothing else is working, or if other solutions will eventually cause harm to the body.
WTF.

TT

Friend I hear you loud and clear. I was dealing with this myself. For what it is worth my sister had breast cancer and double mastectomy and insurance only paid for one artificial breast to go in the bra she was provided. It is F'd up on both sides of the street. Insurance will pay part but to cover this they would not let me choose whoever I wanted to do the surgery. They will cover it but for only who they say I can go to.

In my case I had to choose between my local guy I had no confidence in, paying out of pocket, or waiting over 4 years until I went on Medicare and hope it was still covered. I searched and looked for a good uro locally for this and if I could have found one I would have used him. That is why I recommended to you to search locally for a really good uro in your area for this. Search on the Physician Finder at the top of the page. Check out health grades. Check out AMS and Coloplast's web sites. Get a list and ask on this site for good or bad info on your short list. If you can't find one you like close then expand a bit in your state and if you find one contact them and ask if they can get insurance to pay going to them. I have read really great things about surgeons in cali for this. Had any of them been in my state I would have gone to one of them.

Your state could be different and there might be a way for you to be able to fly across country for this and have insurance pay. I do not know. But having flown 1/2 across country for this I can say it is not the best way to go. We are all different and there can be problems with this. Even the best surgeons in the world have reoperation rates. Having a really good surgeon near by for follow up would be best I think.

The elective part is about not being life saving or getting us back to work so we can pay them more money buying the insurance they sell. Or just plain paying for as little as they can.

I wish I was in a state like yours that had so many very good uro's for this.

Take care and good luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

treetop

Postby treetop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 am

True to both of you
I do have a 401k, no ira bot I do have some cash.
I am also building a PayFlex account up.
I do love in California, but since the implant is not covered at all by my insurance that part doesn’t matter.

I agree, insurance can suck.
For now I will build up the funds, and I can still function on pills and injections so will do that for now.

And, yes I may continue research into both local doctors, and other insurance plans.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Return to “Implants”