Recommendations Please LA

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
EarlyHo

Recommendations Please LA

Postby EarlyHo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Can someone recommend an excellent, experienced Implant surgeon in the Lafayette, Baton Rough area? Thanks much.

rlm1818

Re: Recommendations Please LA

Postby rlm1818 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 pm

I can't speak from personal experience, but I understand that Dr G Henry in Shreveport is one of the nations leading implanters. If you search the implant forum for "Henry" I think you can find people that have direct experience with him, and you can ask them directly.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

tukusmax

Postby tukusmax » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:35 pm

I CAN speak from experience; Dr. Henry (Shreveport, LA) did my surgery 4 weeks ago tomorrow. He's a heck of a guy. Both my wife and I knew that he was "our" Dr. after talking to him. I have had no pain (some discomfort but not pain) swelling all but gone, I can feel the pump where it's supposed to be, while pulling back on the skin of my penis, I can feel the tips of the cylinders end about 1/2 way into my glands and equal. All of the bruising and scabs are gone, a few stitches remain but should fall out soon. He left me partly inflated with the instruction "don't touch, don't play, don't experiment, until inflation appointment" (12-02-01) then he will show me how, what and why. My recovery has been a piece of cake!

I strongly recommend Dr. Henry, I feel that the Dr. you chose has so much influence on your recovery. The other factor in recovery is the way you approach the implant. After researching the topic and the Dr. in every which way, I jumped into it; I was like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Best of luck Early,

Ron

Wife and I had our 6mo. appointment with our Cardio. Dr. today, I told her that I had “the” operation, she looked at my wife and told her that she needs to get herself some good running shoes, soon! :P

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Early,

Please contact "kbota" on this site for more informaiton on Dr. Henry. He will, I think, give him a good recommendation, I do not have an implant, but I can recommend Louisiana Urology in Baton Rouge. My specific uro is Dr. Henry Andrew (Drew) Hollier. He is a full practice urologist/surgeon and I would seriously consider any recommendation he might make in this regard. You might want to visit with him for a consult before taking the final steps toward implant surgery.

Best wishes,

Greg from Baton Rouge

BTW, there are several of us in the Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Alexandria areas. Most of us have been able to meet face to face from time to time and would be happy to share that experience with you when and if you'd like to do that. Feel free to contact me or Cajun Jeff via PM and we'll try to get together for lunch or something.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Early: Welcome to FT. I will second what Greg had to say. Im in Baton Rouge and Kbota is a friend of mind. We met before he had his visit with Dr. Henry. I can tell you that he is known around the world.

My email is active if you want to send me an email I can give you the name of a BR Doc as well.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Return to “Implants”