Pre-Op Day - Nice Surprise

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
VinceMH

Pre-Op Day - Nice Surprise

Postby VinceMH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Today was pre-op day and I got a nice surprise. You know how we worry about size? I measured mine 15 times in the last month. As much as I tried I could never get more than 13 cm. I had this plan on how to tell the doctor my length, thinking it would give him a target. Before I could tell him, he said "we are going to measure your penis". He went about the measure and announced, "14.25 CM, that's a little longer than the average 13CM". SAY WHAT!? OMG! He got a longer measurement than me!!! The rest of today I was all smiles.

I have to thank all of you for your phenomenal support. If it were not for this forum, I would not be doing this. Just one month ago the Doc suggested an implant and asked if I had any questions. Well, I didn't know what to ask. That evening I read this forum for six hours and signed up for surgery the next day.

I have to add that I have been scared to death for weeks. When I stepped into MD Anderson this morning, I was confident and excited. The attitude was totally different! I am so looking forward to having a penis that works without fail. Thank you brothers!

Surgery is tomorrow. Will check in on the flip side.

Cheers!
Vince
59 yrs, single, healthy, active. Progressive ED for 30 years, venous leakage, prostate cancer, RALP June 2017. Trimix works, but doesn't fit the travel lifestyle. Implanted 4/24/2018, Titan 20 + 2 by Dr Wang at MD Anderson.

newbie443

Re: Pre-Op Day - Nice Surprise

Postby newbie443 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Great news. Good to go into surgery on such a high note. Best wishes to you in your recovery.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Best wishes.
If and when the "WTF did I do?" moments ever pop up, you know where to turn.
You'll be fine -- not in the early days, but you'll be fine. And you will LOVE your new dick.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:32 pm

Best wishes Vince. I hope you end up as happy as I am.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:34 pm

All the best! Keep us updated.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:20 am

I hope I am as lucky as you. :D
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:42 am

Great attitude going in! I'm still in the two month pre-op "WTF am I planning to do" mode. I've had a great medical life with only 2 hernia operations to my surgical record and (thank GOD, or whoever you may believe in) NO cancerous reasons to go under the knife. I cannot 'measure up' to most of you guys when you describe how long you've had ED nor even hold a candle to your prostate issues, etc. For this, I'm eternally grateful because someone obviously knows how much of a pain wuss I am. No broken bones, etc. Probably just more cautious about life than you all are. Anyway, even though I've been to my surgeon with my wife of 48 years for the initial discussion and have another 20+ question sit down scheduled with him for next Wednesday (5/16), I guess I'm just not totally convinced that this non-reversible method is the way I need to go. No, pills don't work and I'm NOT injecting myself anywhere around my penis. My wife seems to be perfectly fine with no sex for the last 10+ years and has never been the one to initiate any playdate overtures in our married life. We had a big sit-down discussion a few weeks ago and seems supportive if it's what I want to do. I guess I'm just afraid to go through an irreversible procedure and pain for 'what' on the other side. I've had several PMs from brothers who have encouraged me and I thank them for that. The bottom line resides with me and my wife. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me how much my sex life with her will be better and more robust on 'the other side' for years to come. I know, I know...I'm really a whiner some times but I can't help wondering if I'm doing the right thing. My wife has said that, if she passes before me, I'd want to have the ability to enjoy sex with another partner. Perhaps, but betting on the come isn't my style and it all comes down to whether or not I want to go through the pain to accomplish what I can do with 'Sally and her four sisters' now (generous apologies to anyone with a relative named Sally). Sorry...just ranting. And, BTW, I'm satisfactorily endowed with, what I refer to as, average length and girth. If I do have the implant in July, I'll be happy to come out reasonably close to my 5.5" external measurement. :?
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Wed May 09, 2018 8:48 am

So happy for you :!:

May you get optimal results. I have yet to get a surgery date, so I can live vicariously through you.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

VinceMH

Postby VinceMH » Wed May 09, 2018 2:55 pm

And very happy to report the post-op length is the same as pre-op!!
59 yrs, single, healthy, active. Progressive ED for 30 years, venous leakage, prostate cancer, RALP June 2017. Trimix works, but doesn't fit the travel lifestyle. Implanted 4/24/2018, Titan 20 + 2 by Dr Wang at MD Anderson.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 pm

navy6587 wrote:Great attitude going in! I'm still in the two month pre-op "WTF am I planning to do" mode. I've had a great medical life with only 2 hernia operations to my surgical record and (thank GOD, or whoever you may believe in) NO cancerous reasons to go under the knife. I cannot 'measure up' to most of you guys when you describe how long you've had ED nor even hold a candle to your prostate issues, etc. For this, I'm eternally grateful because someone obviously knows how much of a pain wuss I am. No broken bones, etc. Probably just more cautious about life than you all are. Anyway, even though I've been to my surgeon with my wife of 48 years for the initial discussion and have another 20+ question sit down scheduled with him for next Wednesday (5/16), I guess I'm just not totally convinced that this non-reversible method is the way I need to go. No, pills don't work and I'm NOT injecting myself anywhere around my penis. My wife seems to be perfectly fine with no sex for the last 10+ years and has never been the one to initiate any playdate overtures in our married life. We had a big sit-down discussion a few weeks ago and seems supportive if it's what I want to do. I guess I'm just afraid to go through an irreversible procedure and pain for 'what' on the other side. I've had several PMs from brothers who have encouraged me and I thank them for that. The bottom line resides with me and my wife. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me how much my sex life with her will be better and more robust on 'the other side' for years to come. I know, I know...I'm really a whiner some times but I can't help wondering if I'm doing the right thing. My wife has said that, if she passes before me, I'd want to have the ability to enjoy sex with another partner. Perhaps, but betting on the come isn't my style and it all comes down to whether or not I want to go through the pain to accomplish what I can do with 'Sally and her four sisters' now (generous apologies to anyone with a relative named Sally). Sorry...just ranting. And, BTW, I'm satisfactorily endowed with, what I refer to as, average length and girth. If I do have the implant in July, I'll be happy to come out reasonably close to my 5.5" external measurement. :?

OK, look at it this way, if you do nothing, you will have NO sex life. Also, if your wife passes and you meet someone, you will already be implanted and ready ride her. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”