Short changed and floppy head.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
maxxxxx

Re: Short changed and floppy head.

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:20 am

Larry10625 wrote:
maxxxxx wrote:bullshits !! I have small glans too but the doctor has inserted tips up to 3/4 of.
I'm sorry. please don't let him touch your dick anymore

Really Maxxxxx... I don't remember you having ANYTHING small.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

The glans is small , but this is not a problem for a good surgeon..
Last edited by maxxxxx on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:27 am

Tmansdorfer wrote:My follow up yesterday went almost exactly like I thought it would. In the beginning when he first pumped it up he tried to say that the tips were positioned where they where supposed to be and that the problem was that the glands where too small and that was why they were not in them. He tried to say that I needed that procedure where they attach the head to the tips. I told him I didn’t want that because that would leave me with a 3 inch dick and that wasn’t the problem. I showed him that when I pushed the glands down into the tips they go in just fine and the problem is it’s too short. He then agreed a longer implant would help but never admitted that he screwed up. The depressing thing is he told me he couldn’t do anything until the 6 month mark due to infection risk. He told me to email him in June to talk about a revision. I have the flue and wasn’t feeing very good during the visit and I forgot to ask several questions about the surgery Rhat I wanted to. I don’t really know how to feel right now.

TMan,
I don't know how your insurance works but I immediately switched docs. My new one said I can't do anything before 3 mos after surgery. (He had just put in my t pellets) I said well today is 3 mos. He said oh yes you are right and scheduled me first out which was another month's wait but well worth it. This time you need to use a pro not a substandard uro. I did and surgery went perfectly. Now I'm headed up to Kramer to finish the job. You should be good with this one extra surgery though. My situation is more complex. Good luck do not settle for less than you deserve!!!!!!
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:53 am

My general feeling is this: I know that doctors need to learn by practicing till they get it right. But I'm just selfish (right word?) enough not to want to be one of those guys they practice on. I'd rather have them learn all about implants before I get one put in by them.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 am

Damn. Just sometimes cannot believe doctors. Just found out my regular urologist cut off my testosterone prescriptions. Have to find a new one who does not care i went somewhere else for an implant.

I would get my op notes and all dr records just to make sure what went on in surgery. Every university has a quality office. Start with their administration office. I would let doc know you are going to take your case their since the best he said was send me an email in 6 months. The op notes might have info in them if a student touched you for any reason. Might not though. Sometimes who did what only comes out in interviews. That usually takes an attorney. And gets expensive unless you find one willing to take it for settlement fee.

I would suggest you write down who was in room with you when doc saw you last and any statements he made to you, along with you having to show him tips will go into glans if you push the glans down to meet tips. Contemporaneus notes always help. Just keep track of what he did and any ststements during follow up visit. If anyone else was there and made any statements would be important to. Type them up, sign and date them, then just file them away with your op notes. Also put date on them when you wrote notes. Ie. Prepared x date from my recollection of visit with dr. X for follow up exam from implant surgery. Sooner the better. Will also help if you give to hospital administration. They all have quality control offices. That is why you get the surveys all the time from docs and hopitals. They take complaints seriously. Oh really good picture to. Be aware they will probably start an internal investigation so i would be thinking about another doc somewhere. The old one might be biased against you for the complaint. Potential malpractice issues are important to them whether you sue or not.

One doc i went to for an implant consult was at UK. Also a teaching hospital. All i saw was PAs and the main doc for about 5 minutes. I asked who did surgery and doc is in the room but residents could be helping with various things.

Case in point. My wifes brain surgery was done at a major ky teaching hospital. Main doc did a lot of the work but residents did different things we found out. Probably stuff big shot doc thought was below him. One was stitching her incision back up. My viewpoint is if they cut your skull open only the best should touch you. She got an infection and sloppy stiches were issue. Found out from her main doc the neuros residents did a lot of stuff. We got the distinct impression her doc was not happy but said nothing against a colleague. I know they need to learn but not on my wife or me. Especially if they are getting fully paid. If they want to teach this stuff they should do them for free or cheap. At least you know someone learning is doing the job and you can make an informed decision. They should still stand behind work.

Good luck. You should only have to be worrying about healing and figuring out how to use this thing not another surgery in a few months.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:24 am

Tmansdorfer wrote:I am currently six weeks out of implant surgery where I received an lgx implant. After the dr visit at 4 weeks my surgeon gave me the go ahead to start pumping. After I started pumping I began to realize that the cylinder tips did not go into the head of my penis at all. At first I thought that it was just the swelling I had in my fat pad and it would get better after time once that went down a little bit. I didn’t want to freak out because I was still early in recovery and everyone here says to be patient and it will get better. I emailed my dr about my concern and he told me to come in to see him. We will see what he says once I am there but I don’t have much faith that he will do anything about it. I will attach some pictures to show you what I am talking about. One is of the pre implant Trimix erection and the next couple after the implant and floppy head. Am I freaking out for no reason?

Hey man. I just saw your pictures. It's clear that you are under sized, and you need a revision. Is there any chance you can fly out to see Dr Kramer, on Baltimore? Also, you should use a vacuum erection device on your penis daily for it not to atrophy and scar up inside, making the revision way more complicated, and resulting in you needing a smaller implant.

You also had infrapubic surgery, which is harder for the doctor to Size up the patient. Stay strong and devise a good plan of action to get a revision asap. Forget going to the same doctor again.

I repeat... Dr Kramer is the one you should be seeing. Check his website, YouTube videos and shoot him a text. You can also pm if you like.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:06 pm

DougAnd wrote:
Tmansdorfer wrote:My follow up yesterday went almost exactly like I thought it would. In the beginning when he first pumped it up he tried to say that the tips were positioned where they where supposed to be and that the problem was that the glands where too small and that was why they were not in them. He tried to say that I needed that procedure where they attach the head to the tips. I told him I didn’t want that because that would leave me with a 3 inch dick and that wasn’t the problem. I showed him that when I pushed the glands down into the tips they go in just fine and the problem is it’s too short. He then agreed a longer implant would help but never admitted that he screwed up. The depressing thing is he told me he couldn’t do anything until the 6 month mark due to infection risk. He told me to email him in June to talk about a revision. I have the flue and wasn’t feeing very good during the visit and I forgot to ask several questions about the surgery Rhat I wanted to. I don’t really know how to feel right now.

TMan,
I don't know how your insurance works but I immediately switched docs. My new one said I can't do anything before 3 mos after surgery. (He had just put in my t pellets) I said well today is 3 mos. He said oh yes you are right and scheduled me first out which was another month's wait but well worth it. This time you need to use a pro not a substandard uro. I did and surgery went perfectly. Now I'm headed up to Kramer to finish the job. You should be good with this one extra surgery though. My situation is more complex. Good luck do not settle for less than you deserve!!!!!!

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 am

I have been studying the bio on USC Keck URO surgeons. None look very qualified for penile implants. Dr Loh Doyle looks to be the best and he is an intern. This guys surgeon is not qualified.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 am

Oldbeek,
Yea I don’t know what I am going to do now that I got the dr’s attention that I am not happy.

Does anyone know of a good implant surgeon that is in SoCal?
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:14 pm

warrenw wrote:
Tmansdorfer wrote:Does anyone know of a good implant surgeon that is in SoCal?

.... you might consider getting an opinion from Dr Mills at UCLA. https://www.uclahealth.org/jesse-mills He impressed me as being a very capable doctor. He is easy to schedule, accepts lots of insurance plans, and implants only AMS.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Warenw, did you have any personal interaction with Dr Mills. I see you had DR Eid do your implant. I googled Jesse N. Mills md on google and he does look qualified. Also at the ucla site he has a good video on peyronies.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”