Titan Premature Failure 2y > Infection from Revision > Tactra Salvage and length loss

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RoboCock69

Re: UPDATE! Infection from: Revision 18/11 Titan Touch 22+3 to XL 24+2 due to tubing failure 2 years after initial surge

Postby RoboCock69 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:32 pm

Sorry to hear you're going through all this, principles. Despite the bad rap they get in theory, malleables seem pretty popular among the dudes who've actually had them. So, chances are, you won't skip a beat. The recovery will be much easier, too?

Do you know which malleable you're going to get? Genesis, Tactra, Rigicon?
Born 1982. Implanted with Coloplast Titan 22cm in August 2021 by the great Dr. Perito in Miami. 6.125" BPEL, 5.25" EG. "It's the girth that gets her off."

Fourtytwo00

Re: UPDATE! Infection from: Revision 18/11 Titan Touch 22+3 to XL 24+2 due to tubing failure 2 years after initial surge

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:39 pm

Revisions require more time and your body is more exposed to bacteria. They may be easier for the patients as many said here but they're more challenging for the surgeon. As far as I understood statistics just give you an average. Once you have a shitty event, like an early failure, you're more likely to have a second one. I really hope you solve your infection as soon as possible because it's the root of your problems.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:08 pm

Failure within the first two years-long shot
Infection rate for a revision around 2-3%

Odds of both these things happening to you?

I know we aren’t getting accurate stats

Good luck
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

principles

Postby principles » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:50 pm

I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I'm certain this will all be resolved soon enough, just got to be a bit more patient.
One thing is guaranteed though, an erection, whether through a malleable or an IPP, I'll have a device installed. That's comforting to know :lol:

If I get a malleable, it will be a tactra.

Rov999 wrote:friend I hope with all my heart that they can find a suitable antibiotic for you ... I only wonder one thing, it is not possible that it is not an infection but only the insertion of the new device to bring you pain? .. I had a bad trauma 3 years have passed and the tunic fibrosis still brings me severe pain, sometimes unbearable, I was just wondering if I had an implant these pains could lead me to an infection, it's the first thing I'll ask the doctor

Hey Rov999, sorry to hear that. I think my pain specifically is 100% related to the infection and infection alone. As to your second question, I have no clue as to whether that increases your chances of infection, only a doc would be able to assertively answer this question.
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

principles

Postby principles » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:02 pm

Hopefully he won't mind, but an user from FT which I won't disclose the name sent me a PM asking the following question and I thought it'd be a good idea to openly answer him because both the question and the answer might serve others users and provide them reassurance about the implant procedure.

Question:
Hey man,

Been reading about your journey and I admire your courage and resilience. My fears are the revisions and I've never been suicidal before but with my ED issues its literally put my life on hold. I just want to live a normal life and I know that most have a happy outcome but Im so torn. Considering a Titan and I have a great doctor lined up but Im apprehensive.. its like shape up or ship out right! SO hard to accept it and just wanted to see how you wrapped your head around everything mentally

Answer:
Hey friend!

Please do yourself a favor and just go through with your procedure. You'll never look back after you're healed.

Let me address the elephant in the room before anything else. Yes, my situation is not desirable at this point, however one of the reasons I don't pitty or feel bad about myself is that I'm very confident it'll get better, worst case scenario I'll have a malleable installed and have to get used to concealing it, it's not the end of the world. Regardless, an erection is guaranteed. A malleable can always be installed, even in infected patients.

Here's what I think, and hopefully you find some resilience through thinking in this matter as well:

One thing is very clear, we're all here because we are not satisfied with our erection and likely have exhausted all other treatment options prior to considering an implant. Thus, sorry for the bluntness, but we already come to the forum in the worst possible condition, which is having a non functioning or barefully functioning unrealible piece of crap dick.

I have very good news and good news.

The very good news is that there is a treatment solution that will make your dick harder than it's ever been whenever you want it to be. It however might fail suddenly within a couple years or it'll last a decade. Be prepared for either scenario.

The good news is that even if the above device fails and you don't like to entertain the remote possibility of having to go through the knife prematurely, you can still have a device that will make your dick harder forever and it's likely it'll never NEVER break, even though you might need to adapt to conceal it at times. I'm referring to the malleable.

Drawbacks and tradeoffs are always on the table. However, in both cases, and erection is in fact guaranteed. I speak for myself but I never want to live ever again without having a fully functioning dick, because why would I when a viable solution is currently available? If it wasn't, acceptance would be necessary, but you don't need to accept failure at this point. Being implanted is very revigorating.

A working Titan in a healed host installed by a good surgeon is one combo that is really hard to beat.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Always happy to help.

One last tip: Check merrix thread. It's a long thread, but it'll erase every ounce of doubt you currently have in your mind.

Take care friend!
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.

Italian

Postby Italian » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:57 am

principles wrote:Hopefully he won't mind, but an user from FT which I won't disclose the name sent me a PM asking the following question and I thought it'd be a good idea to openly answer him because both the question and the answer might serve others users and provide them reassurance about the implant procedure.

Question:
Hey man,

Been reading about your journey and I admire your courage and resilience. My fears are the revisions and I've never been suicidal before but with my ED issues its literally put my life on hold. I just want to live a normal life and I know that most have a happy outcome but Im so torn. Considering a Titan and I have a great doctor lined up but Im apprehensive.. its like shape up or ship out right! SO hard to accept it and just wanted to see how you wrapped your head around everything mentally

Answer:
Hey friend!

Please do yourself a favor and just go through with your procedure. You'll never look back after you're healed.

Let me address the elephant in the room before anything else. Yes, my situation is not desirable at this point, however one of the reasons I don't pitty or feel bad about myself is that I'm very confident it'll get better, worst case scenario I'll have a malleable installed and have to get used to concealing it, it's not the end of the world. Regardless, an erection is guaranteed. A malleable can always be installed, even in infected patients.

Here's what I think, and hopefully you find some resilience through thinking in this matter as well:

One thing is very clear, we're all here because we are not satisfied with our erection and likely have exhausted all other treatment options prior to considering an implant. Thus, sorry for the bluntness, but we already come to the forum in the worst possible condition, which is having a non functioning or barefully functioning unrealible piece of crap dick.

I have very good news and good news.

The very good news is that there is a treatment solution that will make your dick harder than it's ever been whenever you want it to be. It however might fail suddenly within a couple years or it'll last a decade. Be prepared for either scenario.

The good news is that even if the above device fails and you don't like to entertain the remote possibility of having to go through the knife prematurely, you can still have a device that will make your dick harder forever and it's likely it'll never NEVER break, even though you might need to adapt to conceal it at times. I'm referring to the malleable.

Drawbacks and tradeoffs are always on the table. However, in both cases, and erection is in fact guaranteed. I speak for myself but I never want to live ever again without having a fully functioning dick, because why would I when a viable solution is currently available? If it wasn't, acceptance would be necessary, but you don't need to accept failure at this point. Being implanted is very revigorating.

A working Titan in a healed host installed by a good surgeon is one combo that is really hard to beat.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Always happy to help.

One last tip: Check merrix thread. It's a long thread, but it'll erase every ounce of doubt you currently have in your mind.

Take care friend!

thank you princi, with these words you are helping me too.
I am very interested in the malleable Tactra, so I will wait patiently for your intervention.
I'm sure you won't abandon us brother.

Dent4ever

Postby Dent4ever » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:27 pm

Thank you Principles, you're a fighter. Please keep us posted!
42 M. Mild peyronies like symptoms for well over a decade. Mostly related to PFS syndrome I believe. Seriously considering an Implant. Trying to mentally accept the situation, Pills barely work and trimix gel doesn't work, tried injections -hated it.

principles

Postby principles » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:59 am

Day 54 (Week 7 post op) :

14 days in the hospital. Pain is virtually gone at this point. I'm taking some antibotics and pain medication but nothing compared to 14 days ago. Still, the IV antibiotics were not able to kill the infection. I still have discharge from the unhealed incision, the pump is adhered to the scrotum wall, and another unexpected thing happened with the tips, the left migrated down about 1/2 centimeter and the right one is so up in gland that is has become an impending extrusion risk, the right tip is pushing the gland skin higher than the pee hole. This caught me by surprise, I knew the right tip was higher than it should've been even from surgery n1, but it was never a problem for me, it wasn't pushing skin either, until now. Somehow, this happened between weeks 3 and 7.

Scheduling is not yet confirmed but I'll have to go through a revision from my revision this upcoming friday 13th. They'll remove the 24+2 Titan and install a 13mm Tactra of X cm (I'm hoping for my previous 25cm, but I think 23-24cm is a possibilty). Size loss is expected, I already feel slightly smaller. Previously, I wasn't concerned about size at all (I didn't thought I'd have an infection) since I knew that a couple months of cycling would've brought it all just back like in my first surgery. That is not happening, and has become a new concern, but it is what it is, I intend to do vacuum therapy even with the malleable and try to regain any size loss for a potential revision in the future, even if that revision is upsizing the Tactra to a lengthier malleable. Surgery n1 I measured 25cm, Surgery n2 26cm, for reference.

Because of the impeding extrusion risk of the right tip, a new "tunnel" may need to be explored, and that could require a semi-circle subcoronal incision for proper tip placement, which is something I'm extremely opposed to, and this has been the biggest stressor about this whole ordeal so far. So, I did some reading and found that Dr. Clavell has a publication on "Extracapsular Tunneling" and also has a video about the technique, so I sent it to my Dr. and he was very receptive about learning of this technique, of which he wasn't aware, he is willing to try since it appears to be a very simple way to avoid the subcoronal incision. Here's a video of this technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zwu0xX ... clavelluro

In conclusion, this was a revision for a premature tubing failure in which everything was replaced except the reservoir. During this revision, the new device was infected, infection was suspected but not confirmed until week 4 or 5 IIRC, it got really bad as far as pain goes, shaft was extremely sensitive, I couldn't sit, put any pants or underwear, icing and codeine were providing temporary relief of shorter and shorter durations, I was in alot of pain. I'd say a constant 7-8/10 for about 7-10 days. So, I was hospitalized and was heavily medicated with alot of IV antibiotics and analgesics. 14 days later, pain is mostly gone, but not the infection. So, a salvage procedure will be required and likely performed this friday. I opted for a Tactra device against my Dr.'s recommendations since the Tactra doesn't have hydrofilic coating, it's a bit harder to install, it requires a lengthier incision for it to be placed in the cavernosum and it's not as smooth as a Genesis per say, specially with an infection. Regardless, the Dr. agreed to install the Tactra device.
Size loss is expected, a semi-circle subcoronal incision is a real possibility, but, I get to have my balls back, which I'm kinda looking forward to.

Reality check. Life is complicated, but it'd be even more complicated if implants didn't exist. This hasn't been an easy revision journey, let's face it. Let's also realize that 50 or 60 years ago, none of this would've been an option, and we're kinda lucky to be living in a time where current medicine and technology is evolved enough at this point to provide us with safe alternatives, and regardless of all the hardship this journey brings at times, the end goal, which is an erection, regardless of all the problems we could face, is in fact, almost guaranteed.

Regardless of size or having another scar or having to go through yet another surginal procedure, I'm still thankful I've been given a second (third actually, hehe) chance of having a fullfilling sexual life. I'm confident I'll be returning to my sexual activities within a month or two.

More updates after surgery. I might start a new journal for the second revision (which will be my 3rd surgery).
Healthy 31y

Bwtbbb

Postby Bwtbbb » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:55 pm

Who is your surgeon?

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:07 pm

Holy Crap, you have been through hell. Two weeks in the hospital would have me going koo-koo.
Hope that infection clears up and you get fixed. Hang in there.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Return to “Implants”