Is my urologist spewing bs about implants?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Hillywilly

Re: Is my urologist spewing bs about implants?

Postby Hillywilly » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:33 pm

Corey212 wrote:
goose1235 wrote:Im quite young at 25. I was forced to see a different uro because my insurance changed. I was scheduled to get a doppler redone, but now this new uro is telling dopplers are outdated and that getting one wont change anything. Also she says no one will put an implant in at my age, that it’s gruesome, shortens penis, and Ill get an infection when I get it replaced. What do I do? Is she right or was my previous uro bad?

I can tell you I am not happy with mine. Since I have had mine, I have lost most "gym friends" as they see the guy walk in an unusual hardon pointing downwards, and when I sit down its pointed and hard petruding thru my gym shorts, not flaccid like it was pre-op. I lost length, but my girth stayed the same only it looks completely rediculous and fake as hell. 1 tube is way larger than the left and it bubbles out. The left smaller tube is inferior and gives way to the right larger tube causing a peyronie's disease look on steroids, whereas, I had a slight bend to the left before surgury.

Having 6 inch girth prior to surgery, it was kind of hard to hide in gym shorts or tight jeans, so I got looks from women constantly at the gym and in general. Post op I get looks of confusion, like they are thinking, "is he stuffing something down there?" and I think many women think just that. It looks freakishly unnatural, and let's say I want to do Yoga? Forget it, there would be complaints from multiple women thinking I am some pervert. I won't even think of trying it. Or maybe I want to learn self defense and go take Brazilan Ju-Jitsu. Um, every dude will think you are gay as Ffff, with your permanent hardon. It NEVER goes flaccid like you are now, at least with the Titan. I can't speak for the AMS, but I wish I could havd the AMS knowing what I know about the Titan. And don't think you are getting the full truth if you call Titan to get a consultant to call you back. They will tell you how great it is, and how much women love it. Some of that is probably true, but the cons far outweigh the pros. And if you schedule surgery, and cancel 3 times like I did, reps will call you and flat out lie to convince you to do it. At least they did with me.

This was supposed to help my confidence, but it has done nothing but make me not want to be in public. People litterly look at in and laugh. It's not mental either. You think people want you around their kids if they think you are a likely pervert? I can tell you my quality of life is much worse than before.

And for those old, retired guys here that are going to tell me to wear super baggy clothes, just save it, especially if you have the body shape like a bag of milk. Just save it, becuase I dont want to hear it. You will never understand if you work out zero days per year.

I've had the total opposite experience I am extremely fit and workout 5 days in gym shorts i don't give a fuck if they can see my bulge girls check out the bulge and like it. I even added it to my dating profile and had chicks telling me it turned them on (until it got moderated:() . I think if you project confidence you could potentially have similar results unless your surgical outcome is really visually bad (in which case perhaps a revision can help).

I've also had dudes look at it but I let em look and don't act like im bothered or turned on and they are still friendly with me if people don't like it they can fuck off (though I haven't had that experience yet) Also, I have young kids and never had a problem with it erections typically point out or up so im not sure how it could be miscontrued as an erection.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:18 pm

Hillywilly wrote:
Corey212 wrote:
goose1235 wrote:Im quite young at 25. I was forced to see a different uro because my insurance changed. I was scheduled to get a doppler redone, but now this new uro is telling dopplers are outdated and that getting one wont change anything. Also she says no one will put an implant in at my age, that it’s gruesome, shortens penis, and Ill get an infection when I get it replaced. What do I do? Is she right or was my previous uro bad?

I can tell you I am not happy with mine. Since I have had mine, I have lost most "gym friends" as they see the guy walk in an unusual hardon pointing downwards, and when I sit down its pointed and hard petruding thru my gym shorts, not flaccid like it was pre-op. I lost length, but my girth stayed the same only it looks completely rediculous and fake as hell. 1 tube is way larger than the left and it bubbles out. The left smaller tube is inferior and gives way to the right larger tube causing a peyronie's disease look on steroids, whereas, I had a slight bend to the left before surgury.

Having 6 inch girth prior to surgery, it was kind of hard to hide in gym shorts or tight jeans, so I got looks from women constantly at the gym and in general. Post op I get looks of confusion, like they are thinking, "is he stuffing something down there?" and I think many women think just that. It looks freakishly unnatural, and let's say I want to do Yoga? Forget it, there would be complaints from multiple women thinking I am some pervert. I won't even think of trying it. Or maybe I want to learn self defense and go take Brazilan Ju-Jitsu. Um, every dude will think you are gay as Ffff, with your permanent hardon. It NEVER goes flaccid like you are now, at least with the Titan. I can't speak for the AMS, but I wish I could havd the AMS knowing what I know about the Titan. And don't think you are getting the full truth if you call Titan to get a consultant to call you back. They will tell you how great it is, and how much women love it. Some of that is probably true, but the cons far outweigh the pros. And if you schedule surgery, and cancel 3 times like I did, reps will call you and flat out lie to convince you to do it. At least they did with me.

This was supposed to help my confidence, but it has done nothing but make me not want to be in public. People litterly look at in and laugh. It's not mental either. You think people want you around their kids if they think you are a likely pervert? I can tell you my quality of life is much worse than before.

And for those old, retired guys here that are going to tell me to wear super baggy clothes, just save it, especially if you have the body shape like a bag of milk. Just save it, becuase I dont want to hear it. You will never understand if you work out zero days per year.

I've had the total opposite experience I am extremely fit and workout 5 days in gym shorts i don't give a fuck if they can see my bulge girls check out the bulge and like it. I even added it to my dating profile and had chicks telling me it turned them on (until it got moderated:() . I think if you project confidence you could potentially have similar results unless your surgical outcome is really visually bad (in which case perhaps a revision can help).

I've also had dudes look at it but I let em look and don't act like im bothered or turned on and they are still friendly with me if people don't like it they can fuck off (though I haven't had that experience yet) Also, I have young kids and never had a problem with it erections typically point out or up so im not sure how it could be miscontrued as an erection.

There is a difference between a bulge that just looks like a large penis, and a bulge that looks like an erection. He is referring to the latter.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:18 pm

Hillywilly wrote:(edited for focus)I even added it to my dating profile and had chicks telling me it turned them on (until it got moderated:() . I think if you project confidence you could potentially have similar results unless your surgical outcome is really visually bad (in which case perhaps a revision can help).

I wonder what was the phrasing that got moderated out? And what dating site?

I went on Plenty of Fish in 2016/2017 specifying that I would be getting an implant and that sex was part of the expected relationship (and beforehand asked the moderators if my language was OK since PoF seemed rather mild, sexually). I received no pushback from moderators nor members.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:55 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:(edited for focus)I even added it to my dating profile and had chicks telling me it turned them on (until it got moderated:() . I think if you project confidence you could potentially have similar results unless your surgical outcome is really visually bad (in which case perhaps a revision can help).

I wonder what was the phrasing that got moderated out? And what dating site?

I went on Plenty of Fish in 2016/2017 specifying that I would be getting an implant and that sex was part of the expected relationship (and beforehand asked the moderators if my language was OK since PoF seemed rather mild, sexually). I received no pushback from moderators nor members.

Well it’s just a shirtless pic with me in shorts to show my physique. But my penis shape and even the outline of my gland are apparent so I think they categorized it as nudity and banned me. I had actually just got a message from a girl who matched with me about it. She said “it looked at me first” lol
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Flexwheeler

Postby Flexwheeler » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:19 pm

Corey212 wrote:
aussiePeyronies wrote:
Corey212 wrote:

I have the same issue. My flaccid angle points out around 4 o clock, and It seems there is some auto-inflation. I use to gym 6 days a week and train muay thai, as well a wear tight suits for work. All this has been affected because I have a pointy flaccid, to top it off the dog ear also points out profoundly, It looks really strange in tight clothes, I have to make sure I have a long shir to cover it up.

I am wondering if after a few months, the flaccid angle will drop and the cylinders will soften? It's been ten months now I have not seen much improvement.

You are right, if I was 70 yrs old, living a mostly sedentary lifestyle, I wouldn't care about this pointy bulge. But, being 35, living an active lifestyle etc, it really affects your quality of life.

I haven't seen anyone else complain of this, so I am guessing that we are either anomalies or everyone else is not as active?

Don't count on it softening. Mine was Feb of 2021 and here it is 2 1/2 years later. There's nothing that really has softened. I really hate that people here have hidden the cons. I suspect there are Choloplast BLAST accounts, along with docs doing the same. Had I known I would be an outcast I would have never done this.

I went to a 5 day Real Estate event in Phoenix 6 months or so ago. I had something in common with a younger kid, in his early 20's. We both bought and sold land. I was gravitated towards him because we had that in common and in the beginning of being around a seminare of strangers you will band together with people you introduce yourself to. It did not take this young kid long to visibly panick thinking I was sexually aroused around him. I was sitting in the conference chair next to him focused on the speaker, and I could see he kept looking down, so I casually covered up, and he got up and moved. With 4 days left of the conference, he acted like I did not exist. There was a couple and the GF thought I was gay because I was talking with her BF about something realestate related. She was looking at me with disgust. When i got up to get food, they were all like whispering to each and table of 6. When I came back everyone acted like I had the plague and I was being completely ignored. A couple of young vendors I could see clearly looking down, making hand gestrues to the curvature pointing downward and laughing. This is one of the times truely knew this implant is a big problem to my social life. I mean I wanted to pretend it was my imagination, but this was the point I knew it's so obvious to people. Last night in the gym I forgot my headphones so I experienced the gym without loud music. I heard two 18ish girls talking, and one looked over and told her friend that I always seem to be hard and they giggled. I can just imagine how people would react at the beach or a public pool. FORGET IT! Words cannot describe how much I hate this implant. And I know why Choloplast hide behind 70 year old patients as liaisons. They want the 70 year olds to tell you to politely to contanct the Doc and not bother them. These guys have no clue what it's like because their past it and they can get away with wearing clown pants, and they cannot relate to this what-so-ever.

Hi Corey,

I am sorry to hear that. Could you add a picture of your bulge in pants. A picture says more the 1000 words.

Stay strong bro!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:04 pm

Flexwheeler, Corey212, aussiePeyronies and all others bothered by the "bulge" or "showing"

Take a hint from women who learn to "dress around" their bodily defects and to enhance/accentuate their bodily attributes/assets. Also, anyone who carries concealed firearms who learn to "dress around the gun" for effective concealment. One does not have to wear "clown pants" to conceal a inconvenient bulge.

Athletic supporter (jock strap) keeps things organized pretty well.

Compression underwear with penis pointed up or up and to the side

Complete deflation can work fairly well (in case you are not getting it complete)

A kilt with a heavy sporrin (this posted partly in jest, unless you are Scottish)

I have sometimes thought about padding out my abdomen to give my penis somewhere to hide (at the cost of people thinking I am overweight). Not a serious thought, but a thought nonetheless.

Accept the obtrusiveness of the implant as one of the costs of restoration of your manhood and being able to have sex again.

Somewhat aside and philosophical: When I was in my teens and early 20s, I sometimes worried about having unwanted erections during medical exams, public speaking presentations, public gatherings, parties, etc. That went away with ED. I am not sure what that observation brings to this part of the conversation (problems with the bulge), but there it is.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:01 am

Lost Sheep wrote:Flexwheeler, Corey212, aussiePeyronies and all others bothered by the "bulge" or "showing"

Take a hint from women who learn to "dress around" their bodily defects and to enhance/accentuate their bodily attributes/assets. Also, anyone who carries concealed firearms who learn to "dress around the gun" for effective concealment. One does not have to wear "clown pants" to conceal a inconvenient bulge.

Athletic supporter (jock strap) keeps things organized pretty well.

Compression underwear with penis pointed up or up and to the side

Complete deflation can work fairly well (in case you are not getting it complete)

A kilt with a heavy sporrin (this posted partly in jest, unless you are Scottish)

I have sometimes thought about padding out my abdomen to give my penis somewhere to hide (at the cost of people thinking I am overweight). Not a serious thought, but a thought nonetheless.

Accept the obtrusiveness of the implant as one of the costs of restoration of your manhood and being able to have sex again.

Somewhat aside and philosophical: When I was in my teens and early 20s, I sometimes worried about having unwanted erections during medical exams, public speaking presentations, public gatherings, parties, etc. That went away with ED. I am not sure what that observation brings to this part of the conversation (problems with the bulge), but there it is.

I really don't mind a bulge, the issue is that mine sticks out (and the dog ear protrudes out) looking like an erection. This isn't a common issue with implants, so, I am wondering if it will settle or perhaps there is an underlying issue.

At your age, it might be appropriate to wear certain clothing and cover it up (someone suggested a leg bag). At my age, I work in a professional environment, wearing a tight suit, I gym every day, use to train muay thai and brazilian jiu jitsu, social life out every second day etc etc. Makes life difficult when you're constantly walking around with what looks like an erection. Compression underwear/jock strap would work, if the dog ear didn't protrude out (makes it look like a pin sticking out of my crotch or a small erection).

Maybe the dog ear will soften and it will settle, I am not sure, or maybe eventually a revision will be required. I do know that the reservoir is scrunched which may be causing auto-inflation (as advised by a urologist here; not the one that did my surgery).

I wouldn't mind a normal large bulge that can easily be concealed or just looks like a large flaccid, but a dog ear that sticks out and looks like you're walking around with an erection everywhere is a bit difficult to maneuver with my lifestyle.

I might have sex 1 hour a day, but I work for 7 hours a day and gym 2 hours a day. Having to constantly cover my crotch, worry about looking like I have an erection in a professional environment, stopped training muay thai/Brazilian Jiu jitsu etc, is a lot of unnecessary stress. It could be the reason I opt for an AMS in my next revision (no dog ear, smaller flaccid). Something to consider.
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Return to “Implants”