Plea for help

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Plea for help

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Jerseyhulk, as for the financial relief process. Be prepared beforehand. Each hospital/state will likely have different rules. I would suggest gathering as much of the info prior to surgery as possible. Plan on something like getting a loan. Income & debts verification. Might even be handy to have a copy of your last filed tax returns. As I remember in my daughter's case. The time window is small. Running around gathering documents after surgery isn't fun. Do what you can prior to you surgery. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:35 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 am

Gt1956 wrote:Jerseyhulk, as for the financial relief process. Be prepared beforehand. Each hospital/state will likely have different rules. I would suggest gathering as much of the info prior to surgery as possible. Plan on something like getting a loan. Income & debts verification. Might even be handy to have a copy of your last filed tax returns. As I remember in my daughter's case. The time window is small. Running around gathering documents after surgery isn't fun. Do what you can prior to you surgery. Good luck.

Thanks man. I’ve already started gathering up things together. Hopefully I can get an approval before surgery. If they need a payment hopefully it’s a small amount or they work with me and take a portion and allow me to make payments. My biggest fear about it is they deny it because it’s an implant. I’ve seen some Charity programs don’t cover implants and only cover procedures that are medically necessary. In my case I believe it would qualify since it would be a revision and hopefully my penis don’t fall off in the meantime while waiting from the deformed implant! I’m slowly losing my sanity day by day. This is killing me.

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:52 am

FMLFML85 wrote:Could you get a loan through your parents house/equity? I was buying a home several years ago and I wanted to make a cash offer on foreclosed homes. So my parents were able to get me a loan for 40k$ that was deposited to my bank account. I could have spent the money on anything, there were no stipulations.

No man my parents are not that generous. I can’t even remember my father ever giving me lunch money for school. I’ve always been on my own and did for myself.

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:48 am

jerseyhulk wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Jerseyhulk, as for the financial relief process. Be prepared beforehand. Each hospital/state will likely have different rules. I would suggest gathering as much of the info prior to surgery as possible. Plan on something like getting a loan. Income & debts verification. Might even be handy to have a copy of your last filed tax returns. As I remember in my daughter's case. The time window is small. Running around gathering documents after surgery isn't fun. Do what you can prior to you surgery. Good luck.

Thanks man. I’ve already started gathering up things together. Hopefully I can get an approval before surgery. If they need a payment hopefully it’s a small amount or they work with me and take a portion and allow me to make payments. My biggest fear about it is they deny it because it’s an implant. I’ve seen some Charity programs don’t cover implants and only cover procedures that they claim are medically necessary (even though we all know they really are). I would love to see the ones writing these policies all come down with cases of ED. Let’s see how fast those exclusions disappear! In my case I believe it would qualify since it would be a revision and hopefully my penis don’t fall off in the meantime while waiting from the deformed implant! I’m slowly losing my sanity day by day. This is killing me.

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Anybody know if this is normal for a busted implant? I’ve noticed a bump on the side of my penis, like I’ve told many of y’all the busted implant rubs on the inside. I started noticing today a bend in my penis. I can straighten it when I pull it but it eventually goes back to a slight bend. I’m assuming it’s probably taking the shape of the busted implant. Also I’ve noticed when I have to urinate it’s not as steady as it once was, it seems like it’s more weaker and I’m concerned now about it possibly causing some issues with my prostate. My anxiety and depression is overwhelming at this point as I see no solutions to my problem or revision in sight. I fear for the worst at this point.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:21 am

You are not getting an implant. Implants for sex may be excluded, but, you need to get this fixed. This is a medical problem just like a busted artery would be. If one of your testicles got crushed in an accident, would that be excluded. Don't think so. If you have a university teaching hospital near by, I would get an appointment to have them examine it. They are very good with billing solutions.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:43 am

oldbeek wrote:You are not getting an implant. Implants for sex may be excluded, but, you need to get this fixed. This is a medical problem just like a busted artery would be. If one of your testicles got crushed in an accident, would that be excluded. Don't think so. If you have a university teaching hospital near by, I would get an appointment to have them examine it. They are very good with billing solutions.

My initial implant was never for sex, if that’s what you are implying. I just want to make that clear, I believe I clearly stated that in another post. The implant was due to an organic problem I have.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:21 am

Just my opinion of a person who had and still had PD. Pumps, ved are ok in a controlled situation. Your implant is broken. VED is not the best idea at this point. Your creating a vacuum in the area that is now occupied by a broken implant. I think you might be inviting more Trauma to the area then you already have. See another urologist and get another opinion. Have you had an ultrasound of the penis since the implant broke?

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:50 pm

Biker60 wrote:Just my opinion of a person who had and still had PD. Pumps, ved are ok in a controlled situation. Your implant is broken. VED is not the best idea at this point. Your creating a vacuum in the area that is now occupied by a broken implant. I think you might be inviting more Trauma to the area then you already have. See another urologist and get another opinion. Have you had an ultrasound of the penis since the implant broke?

No I haven't. I seen my doctor right after it broke and told him I was hurting. He examined me then and did agree that I needed a revision. I have a painful bump on one side that is very obvious. He told me he would do the surgery for free but he explained to me that he has no control over the hospital costs. It is the hospital that is keeping me from getting the revision I need because they are requiring everything to be paid upfront before they do the surgery. Even the implant people want the new implant paid for first, then they reimburse you once they receive the broken one with the warranty. It is ridiculous! I'm supposed to live in pain till I can get this fixed.

Return to “Implants”