8 implants and counting - 10/15/2015 UPDATE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hard drive

Re: 5 failed implants-Removal in a few hours-Years Passed Update

Postby hard drive » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:20 pm

yankfan042249 wrote:Good luck and Godspeed with your corrective surgery.
Never give up, the solution is there

Well, I'm hoping this one will work out okay for a couple of years, and then possibly have an LGX implanted then to help with some of the floppy head, and reduced length issues. Who knows. It's all very disappointing, I have so much surgical scar tissue inside of my scrotum it's pathetic...
harddrive

hard drive

Pump revision yesterday

Postby hard drive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Well, yesterday I had revision surgery to relocate the pump. As far as I can tell, it turned out very well. The surgeon had to remove the pump and lengthen all the tubing and replace the pump. He told me that the initial tubing was so short that it was actually under tension, and could have never worked without the revision. Eventhough I have lost more than 25% of my length and a substancial amount of girth, I'll be able to have a stubby 6" erection with a floppy head.

If I can make ths work, I plan to keep it for a couple of years and try again if I can get Dr. Milam and the VA to work it all out.
harddrive

newly1

Re: 6 implants and counting - Revision to last months implant.

Postby newly1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:05 pm

If I lost two inches Id be a girl

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:45 pm

newly1 wrote:If I lost two inches Id be a girl

That's just about how I feel now.

I "feel-inspected" my new pump today. It's VERY small compared to the previous pump (which was the only thing I loved about the latest implant) and concerns me right now. I requested that the exact same model of pump be used for the revision, and I was told that it was, however the pump bulb is tiny compared to the one I expected. I just hope this pump doesn't disappoint. I'll have no way of knowing for weeks.
harddrive

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 am

I hope & pray your operation will be very successful & you'll soon be able to enjoy a very normal sex life. Take care.
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:45 am

The revision turned out very well and the pump is located exactly where it should be now. I was mistaken about the size of the pump, it's the same size as before the revision, and working perfectly.

Now I just have to wait for it all to heal and the swelling to recede at the base of my shaft. Sadly it's far too short but it is what it is. If I can get acceptable results for a couple of years I'll leave it alone. If not, I'll hound the VA to send me to Dr. Milam in Nashville where he cal pull out the cheese grader and sheer off the scar tissue that's blocking full insertion.

Thanks for reading.
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:01 pm

I just wanted to update this old thread and hopefully this will be it's last entry. I've now had about 10 surgeries and more than a half-dozen implants. The last one I got from Dr. Mulcahy in Birmingham AL. and it failed in Jan/Feb. time frame.
This is what I posted in another thread I updated.

I just wanted to followup on this older thread. I had the surgery by Dr. Mulcahy and it was very unsatisfactory. It failed a few months later and I went a very long time with this broken device in me.

After a lot of posturing with the VA, I finally got a fee-basis surgery approved and went to Nashville to see Dr. Milam. He installed the AMS 700 LGX on Sept. 23, 2015.

Dr. Milam is HANDS-DOWN the best IPP surgeon I've encountered. The final result is better than expected and produced NEARLY no pain. Dr. Milam is indeed a "Rock Star" for this surgery, and I believe I'm finally going to have a great long term result.

I recommend Dr. Milam to anyone as the surgeon of choice, no matter how far you must travel.

Just my 0.02¢
harddrive

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:27 pm

AWESOME! d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:09 am

hard drive wrote:I just wanted to update this old thread and hopefully this will be it's last entry. I've now had about 10 surgeries and more than a half-dozen implants. The last one I got from Dr. Mulcahy in Birmingham AL. and it failed in Jan/Feb. time frame.
This is what I posted in another thread I updated.

I just wanted to followup on this older thread. I had the surgery by Dr. Mulcahy and it was very unsatisfactory. It failed a few months later and I went a very long time with this broken device in me.

After a lot of posturing with the VA, I finally got a fee-basis surgery approved and went to Nashville to see Dr. Milam. He installed the AMS 700 LGX on Sept. 23, 2015.

Dr. Milam is HANDS-DOWN the best IPP surgeon I've encountered. The final result is better than expected and produced NEARLY no pain. Dr. Milam is indeed a "Rock Star" for this surgery, and I believe I'm finally going to have a great long term result.

I recommend Dr. Milam to anyone as the surgeon of choice, no matter how far you must travel.

Just my 0.02¢

Great news! We all wish you a speedy recovery. Please explain what is a fee-basis surgery.

KMeister

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:43 am

KMeister wrote:
Great news! We all wish you a speedy recovery. Please explain what is a fee-basis surgery.

KMeister

Fee-Basis is where the VA agrees to allow treatment by a private provider whereby the fee is agreed upon prior to the service. The price is locked down and can't be changed by either party without additional agreements.

Basically, the fee must be the same set by Medicare. If the doctor won't agree to that payment schedule then no fee-basis contract will be approved by the VA.
harddrive

Return to “Implants”