Not convinced about implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
1380anthony

Re: Not convinced about implant

Postby 1380anthony » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:46 pm

biobob wrote:1380 with no disrespect; you are looking at bad data. Like many other Franktalkers I have spent days studying this site as well as current medical data from reputable sources. Based on what I see unfortunately the European experience is not a good as the results for a high-volume US surgeon with a 3-piece implant; which seems to be greater than 90% satisfaction. It seems in the last few years the reported infection rate has decreased and the main concern about loss of length has been better addressed, with many posters report a recovery of some or all of lost length.
You reference to HBS 2007?
I find only the Harvard Business school 2007 annual report "a multidisciplinary program dedicated to innovative thinking in the healthcare industry." which may have been cutting edge in 2007 is surely not relevant at this point. It also would seem by reading FrankTalk that the use of 3 component implant in the US is over 95%, however this articles from NIH may provide a more recent overview of the current US experience https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8575569/ and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6958974/
I also think based on my 35-year personal experience in healthcare if the patient thinks a procedure will fail, it is more likely that will fail. Like some of the other posters have said; it doesn't seem like an implant is the best path for you.

Thanks for the advice. Most here dont even know how upset and terrified I feel. It was a Dr that prescribed me Finasteride and other Dr saying I had nothing wrong until finally I did a doppler to reveal what I have due tu adrogen deprivation. I consider implant if it can last more than 20 years without failing or caused infection. I dont want things to get worst. I was looking into the PotencyFlow from implantica and this should be the future of ED, honestly. Maybe Ill consider implant soon, but I think way too much due to the loss of confidence in science after my issue with FDA approves medication. Im really sorry Im just so devastated

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:00 pm

@ 1380anthony, PotencyFlow is there any recent news or upcoming developments to this technique or is it the usual hoax like shockwaves and prp, as we all know shockwaves and prp have been sold as valid up to 75%, the reality a few years later is that they are a scam made by the vast majority of urologists / andrologists
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:01 pm

1380anthony wrote:Thanks for the advice. Most here dont even know how upset and terrified I feel. It was a Dr that prescribed me Finasteride and other Dr saying I had nothing wrong until finally I did a doppler to reveal what I have due tu adrogen deprivation. I consider implant if it can last more than 20 years without failing or caused infection. I dont want things to get worst. I was looking into the PotencyFlow from implantica and this should be the future of ED, honestly. Maybe Ill consider implant soon, but I think way too much due to the loss of confidence in science after my issue with FDA approves medication. Im really sorry Im just so devastated

Believe me I know the pain and depression you're feeling. When pills and injections failed for me it was like going through ED again and again. I hated putting drugs into my body not knowing if there would be any long-term side effects as well.
I went into my implant surgery blind, only knowing it would allow me to get an erection again. At 5 months after my surgery I found Frank Talk and have gained so much knowledge about implants. The guys here are friendly and will offer great advice. But remember there are many more posts about problems than there are about good experiences. As humans we tend to crab more about bad than say thanks about the good.
First off, yes, some implants do fail but it's a mechanical device and that is one of the risks you have to take. The failure rate is very low. I won't quote a number here, but I know it's very, very low.
Infection is normally due to care of the incision, if not kept clean it's too easy for germs to enter an open wound. Internal infection is rare since the cylinders are impregnated with antibiotic.
Life expectancy of an implant is "guesstimated" at 10-12 years. Not many guys who've had an implant that long or longer come back to tell. There was one fellow who posted his was 12 years old and still working like it should. A revision, if and when needed, should be a much easier surgery.
The plus will be the advancements in implants if you get one now and it lasts 10 years. In development is a device that has the pump and reservoir in one unit, controlled by remote control.
Good Luck on whatever you decide on.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:12 pm

frank66665 wrote:@ 1380anthony, PotencyFlow is there any recent news or upcoming developments to this technique or is it the usual hoax like shockwaves and prp, as we all know shockwaves and prp have been sold as valid up to 75%, the reality a few years later is that they are a scam made by the vast majority of urologists / andrologists

It's bullshit guys. If you think a Swiss/German small cap stock which lost 61% market capitalization during last 12 months it's getting near to develop fool proof system for ED you're crazy. Implantica booked 500.000 euros revenues last year..:

https://simplywall.st/stocks/se/healthc ... ica-shares

You may have your reasons to postpone a surgery. Implantica is not one of them imho. Sorry.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:55 pm

About 2 weeks ago, I had an FT user call me, researching implants.
His final question, should he get one?
I told him "NO", but not because of the implants themselves, but because he has not tried everything under the sun, so to speak.
He and I are the same age, recently went through a divorce, and is now seeing someone new. His anxiety about performing to his new GF has him worried. He has tried pills, the pellets, and rings. What he has not tried is Tri or Bi mix. It was recommended to him, but the thought of sticking a needle in his dick was just too much.
As a former Bimix user, I told him he would get over it after the first couple of self injections.
Told him that the IPP is really a last ditch effort to perform and not something you can take back. The downsides I told him were the flexibility and suppleness of what you originally had.
Pros and cons to everything, but just keep researching. If you are not ready, then don't!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:24 pm

Fourtytwo00 wrote:
frank66665 wrote:@ 1380anthony, PotencyFlow is there any recent news or upcoming developments to this technique or is it the usual hoax like shockwaves and prp, as we all know shockwaves and prp have been sold as valid up to 75%, the reality a few years later is that they are a scam made by the vast majority of urologists / andrologists

It's bullshit guys. If you think a Swiss/German small cap stock which lost 61% market capitalization during last 12 months it's getting near to develop fool proof system for ED you're crazy. Implantica booked 500.000 euros revenues last year..:
You may have your reasons to postpone a surgery. Implantica is not one of them imho. Sorry

I have not investigated either of these companies or products. But I firmly believe that most technical things improve by small incremental steps. The popular belief of startling break through discoveries are few & far between.
We generally fall into 2 groups. The older members that can't wait for new treatments to work their way into the system. Read that as we're just too old to have much of a chance of ever seeing anything new in the marketplace for ED.
The younger members. Despite feeling like they should wait for the next greatest thing. The cold hard fact is that every month they wait. They are passing up 10 to 20 sexual encounters a month. I base that on my life with my wife & our frequency prior to ED. Their real challenge is how to balance waiting vs missed sexual encounters. Tough decision time.
A third smaller group need to quit focusing on the ED/implant debate & concentrate on their mental health so that they can make the best decision for their situation. That includes being able to navigate the journey through their healthcare system the best they can to get the best outcome.
We, as a group, can help two of those groups. The third group, even though I feel for them. Are in the wrong forum for their issues. A person could even argue that trying to help them takes energy away from the 2 groups.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:36 pm

frank66665 wrote: prp have been sold as valid up to 75%, the reality a few years later is that they are a scam made by the vast majority of urologists / andrologists

Thats complete bullshit. I had PRP back in 2013 and it worked like a miracle so dont know what youre talking about

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:00 pm

Idk but Implantica has there first novel acid reflux prothesis. Research it. Its probably years away and is seems legit. They probably only have the idea only. I have results with shockwave therapy and I can show them. I was 21 and 27 systolic and after 8 shockwaves and 3 months after it went to 29 and 32 systolic. I do not have diebetes or hypertension etc.

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
Fourtytwo00 wrote:

You may have your reasons to postpone a surgery. Implantica is not one of them imho. Sorry

I have not investigated either of these companies or products. But I firmly believe that most technical things improve by small incremental steps. The popular belief of startling break through discoveries are few & far between.
We generally fall into 2 groups. The older members that can't wait for new treatments to work their way into the system. Read that as we're just too old to have much of a chance of ever seeing anything new in the marketplace for ED.
The younger members. Despite feeling like they should wait for the next greatest thing. The cold hard fact is that every month they wait. They are passing up 10 to 20 sexual encounters a month. I base that on my life with my wife & our frequency prior to ED. Their real challenge is how to balance waiting vs missed sexual encounters. Tough decision time.
A third smaller group need to quit focusing on the ED/implant debate & concentrate on their mental health so that they can make the best decision for their situation. That includes being able to navigate the journey through their healthcare system the best they can to get the best outcome.
We, as a group, can help two of those groups. The third group, even though I feel for them. Are in the wrong forum for their issues. A person could even argue that trying to help them takes energy away from the 2 groups.

So true. Thanks Ill decide this year. I did get minor improvements with LIESWT with Urogold100 the one that Irwin Goldstein uses. Ill show results.

1380anthony

Postby 1380anthony » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:30 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
Fourtytwo00 wrote:

My before and after results from shockwave real focused shockwave therapy. What do you think. Ot does work for DED but in my case I have a penile injury due to finasteride. I still leak a bit
Attachments
20220726_222205-min.jpg
20220726_222205-min.jpg (377.6 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Screenshot_20220726-222600_Office-min.jpg
Screenshot_20220726-222600_Office-min.jpg (138.64 KiB) Viewed 446 times

Return to “Implants”