My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: My Journal

Postby merrix » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:08 am

strongagain wrote:
My point was that I think that there is no guarantee that whatever results Mr. X calls 'perfect' would even be considered good enough by Mr. Y.
It all depends on expectations, age, life style, ED history, physical activity level, sex life, etc.

The outcome of an operation has nothing to do with expectations, whether one goes to the urologist or the dentist or the cardiologist. There is either good or bad.

Well the whole idea of this forum is to exchange ideas. So yours is as much worth as mine. But I completely disagree.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

merrix

3 months update

Postby merrix » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:10 am

3 Months (13 weeks) update

So, the magic three months post op day is here. This is when Eid claims the normal implant patient is fully healed.
And as always, I think the man was correct in my case. One week ago, I had two remaining issues:
One was I still felt some pain in the perineal area when reaching roughly 75% inflation. This didn’t prevent me from having sex. I either only pumped 75% or I ignored the light pain.
The other issue was that I tried to do deadlifts the about a week ago. Didn’t work. Felt weird in the abdomen, probably the reservoir.

As I said before, I communicated with Eid about the perineal pain. That was after 12 weeks. He said, ”normally it is gone by 3 months, but don’t worry if it doesn’t in your case - It will for sure eventually go away.”
So what happened?
The day after I got Eid’s email, which was in the beginning of week 13, the perineal pain when pumping just disappeared over night. Maybe it will come back, I don’t know, but all I know is that for a week now, it has been completely gone. I can pump full and feel nothing back in the ass. Still some in the tip if I pump without arousal, but I see that as a good sign. And when aroused, I don’t feel it.
Yesterday, 3 months minus two days, I went to the gym and tried squats for the first time since surgery. I completed a decent workout using about 85% of the weights from before surgery. And that was not from holding back, just from being weaker after a 3.5 months break.
I didn’t try deadlifts, but I would be surprised if deadlifts would not work if squats do.
So the man was scarily right in his prediction again it seems.

All good then? Or?
Well, I will wait quite a long time till I sing and cheer. I still think this is a massive thing and even though my implant works perfectly well, I still have some getting used to in front of me. I have to say though that with all the physical issues disappearing, the process of making the implant feel completely natural is also speeding up. it is all about seeing the advantages (being able to go as long as wanted to and have an erection that never fails) and make good use of them. I still think I am not fully making advantage of it. My mind is still impacted by my life long history of ED. I simply have a problem to just live in the moment when having sex. To just enjoy the sex itself, without focusing from the first second on the end. But I am getting there, I’m sure, and I am already well on the way.

Take care all you sex machines.
Till next time.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:06 pm

You will get your head around it in due time. I was surprised day before yesterday that I worked all day in the yard and never noticed my implant. The day before that I split firewood and other than a stab in the bum from the perineal end time to time, again no issue. Yesterday I spent 6 hours putting fertilizer around 200 trees and all the shrubs. I was in a good deal of pain by the time I came in from the jutting pump and tubing but overall, as long it is in my pants and I am doing other things, it is nolonger on my mind constantly. Your progress is awesome. In an idea world everyone's should go this way. I have spent 100's of hours trying to figure out the variables that make each person's outcome differ and how to make them more similar. I do not think this has but a partial answer. Be well. Awesome job to both you and Eid. I am glad you took the approach to attack this head on rather than battle it for years like 1/2 of us here. I think it had a lot to do with your satisfying outcome. I have wondered why implants are not mention by many doctors early on. Do they know they do not have the skill for complete success or do they know that success varies so widely?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Final piece of the (physical) puzzle?

Postby merrix » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:26 am

Quick one. Small issue it may seem, but not insignificant per se to me and with a huge symbolic value as this was the last known physical limitation that just disappeared.
Got a good deadlift workout in today. Not using the November pre op weights, but still going balls to the walls screaming out loud with all the weight my atrophied muscles let me use currently.
Great feeling.

Eid the fortune teller: "In three months you'll be fully healed". Today it has passed EXACTLY three months since surgery.

Well, a side note is that one issue with dealifts is my flaccid is so fucking big it tends to get crushed by the bar in the top position. Got to keep it pointing sideways now. But I'll take that...
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:29 am

alibaba wrote:...I have wondered why implants are not mention by many doctors early on. Do they know they do not have the skill for complete success or do they know that success varies so widely?

My urologist never said anything to me about an implant. It was my internist, who - ever the pragmatist - said after my years of fumbling around with pills, VED, injections, "it's only plumbing - go see Dr. Kramer in Baltimore and get it fixed." And so I did.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:08 am

merrix, you hit the nail squarely as usual. I have the same issue but maybe more so. I take it for granted things I used to rest against my pelvis. That is a no no now, especially with that wadded mess of 3 tubings up there now. You are very lucky you do not have that. Fortunately I am finding I am building more arm muscle from holding things away from my body that I used to hold against, but it is putting more strain on my back doing it. Be well all. Cheers. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 pm

Mr Moore, glad you have an internist who can put the matter precisely. Cheers. Wear that sucker out.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:20 am

Merrix: these are some great news! Glad to read you are progressing so well. But, why would your penis get crushed? how did you have it hanging normally? down? I assumed everybody wanted it hanging sideways always, or...?

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Pfracture, I will be rude and interject into the question you asked merrix. A picture is probably better than a long explanation. Your flaccid size is a little larger with an implant. In my case and maybe that of others, the pump under the penis adds to the bulk.This picture may be slightly exaggerated to some people because I have slightly more size than average but it probably gets the idea across more vividly. No there is no padding in there, that is just the way it is. In a dead lift the bar comes straight across the items of implantation. Place your hands down like you are holding a bar against your body and you will understand the alignment. It is common for people who dead lift to drag the bar across their upper thigh muscles and rest it against their body when upright. merrix, if I am incorrect, please feel free to correct me. Cheers all.

Damn that 11 lbs I've gained the last few weeks looks like hell......
Attachments
IMG_0176.JPG
Lt side view
IMG_0176.JPG (162.36 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
IMG_0177.JPG
Rt side view
IMG_0177.JPG (164.63 KiB) Viewed 3033 times

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:05 pm

PFracture wrote:I assumed everybody wanted it hanging sideways always, or...?

Mine points kinda of down, kinda of out, never sideways, and it's not nearly as big as the one in the pictures here.

Return to “Implants”