My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PFracture

Re: My Journal

Postby PFracture » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:01 am

I do agree with merrix and his point of you, and you also moetheman. I must say i laughed so hard In some parts.... :-D

archway

Postby archway » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Merrix, are you that 29 year old guy ? Seems like you've closely described yourself in some of that scenario. I am in the 65 year old category, and after much research and planning fully understood the pros and cons of the procedure. Being in a very stable and long term marriage, the issues that affect a 29 year old out in the clubs have no impact on my situation. For the most part, I knew what I was I for, had the typical recovery, no major pain issues or complications. Still very happy with the outcome, size, shape and convenience and performance of the device. Yes there are always concerns such as awareness of the pump bulb, the larger flaccid state, however other than that, the pros far outweigh the cons, so for now I feel fortunate , happy with my choice, and hopeful the implant will last a very long time. I am one year post op, so based in your calculations, I've got 12- 15 years before I wear it out. I very much enjoy your commentary, so best of luck as you continue to heal and keep writing !!
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:03 pm

PFracture wrote:....I must say i laughed so hard In some parts.... :-D

I think someone had suggested once that Merrix should write an eBook. I think it would be informative and hilarious as hell. The foreword would be written by no one else but Eid himself :mrgreen:
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Very good sir. perspective is everything.
This morning I finally figured out what my my implanted dick feels like to me. Those rubber bendable gumby dolls kids played with years ago.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:24 pm

archway wrote:Merrix, are you that 29 year old guy ? Seems like you've closely described yourself in some of that scenario. I am in the 65 year old category, and after much research and planning fully understood the pros and cons of the procedure. Being in a very stable and long term marriage, the issues that affect a 29 year old out in the clubs have no impact on my situation. For the most part, I knew what I was I for, had the typical recovery, no major pain issues or complications. Still very happy with the outcome, size, shape and convenience and performance of the device. Yes there are always concerns such as awareness of the pump bulb, the larger flaccid state, however other than that, the pros far outweigh the cons, so for now I feel fortunate , happy with my choice, and hopeful the implant will last a very long time. I am one year post op, so based in your calculations, I've got 12- 15 years before I wear it out. I very much enjoy your commentary, so best of luck as you continue to heal and keep writing !!

No Archway, I'm not...
I'm a 42 year old married man. But I'm not 75 either.
I am not married to two 22 yo babes, but to one fine looking super fit 43 yo woman.
I made the two fictive guys up to make the point that it is easy to understand some of the debate going on here. Different men of different age and with different life styles have completely different perspectives on their implant results.

Good to hear that you're doing well.

Thanks for the encouragement on my posting.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Thank you sir. I now have the answer I needed. :shock: I should wait 17 more years till I am 75 then I will be amazed at the result. Unfortunately I have the patience of a starved dog at a meat processing plant. As you point out well, there is no single correct answer as it is perspective.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:39 am

Jonas_prostate wrote:I gotta say, just as moetheman says, the post is almost like Eid is writing it himself as a personal advertisement, however I do greatly appreciate the patient perspectives.

I think those of us who have experienced indifference to our ED concerns in the past, if not downright rudeness, have a hard time not sounding like paid advertisements me for Dr Kramer and Merrix for Dr Eid. Once you experience genuine concern along with a great outcome it is hard not to sing their praises. We know they are much more than great technicians but great men too. Everyone is different and should form their own opinions but check them out if you are deciding where to go before you pull the trigger. And this is not a paid advertisement..... :-)
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:52 am

Jonas_prostate wrote:I gotta say, just as moetheman says, the post is almost like Eid is writing it himself as a personal advertisement, however I do greatly appreciate the patient perspectives.

That's not how I intended it to sound but I can see how it could be interpreted that way. I feel that Eid is actually not mentioned enough on the forum when compared to Kramer (in my opinion). I think both are great though and one can't go wrong choosing either of them (looking at the evidence on this site). I'm having my revision done by Eid in about 10 day (subject to final confirmation by Eid's staff). So far I'm really pleased with Eid and his staff.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

merrix

Postby merrix » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:56 pm

It is no secret I am very satisfied with Eid.
But my lengthy post was not in any way referring to him. When I said top surgeon, I meant exactly that, and there are others than him according to public opinion.

My point was that I think that there is no guarantee that whatever results Mr. X calls 'perfect' would even be considered good enough by Mr. Y.
It all depends on expectations, age, life style, ED history, physical activity level, sex life, etc.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 am

My point was that I think that there is no guarantee that whatever results Mr. X calls 'perfect' would even be considered good enough by Mr. Y.
It all depends on expectations, age, life style, ED history, physical activity level, sex life, etc.

I'm very fussy and I can say that no doctor could have done a better job. Until age 57 I have had a fantastic sex life, slept with a lot of women, when in a relationship we had sex almost every day, often several times a day. Now it's the same, I can have sex every day. I know my tool better than anything else, therefore what my doctor did I call German precision 8-)

The outcome of an operation has nothing to do with expectations, whether one goes to the urologist or the dentist or the cardiologist. There is either good or bad.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Return to “Implants”