Implant or Injections

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Sugarcane

Re: Implant or Injections

Postby Sugarcane » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:18 pm

StrongAgain: I think Doctor has a lot to do with it but at the same time DG is correct that each persons tolerance is different . What doctor performed your surgery and where?

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Just my opinion, but I would seriously question anyone who says this surgery is "painless". I generally have a pretty high tolerance for pain, and while I had no complications, I still had a few painful weeks. The thing that bothered me the most was the burning at the base of the penis where the cylinders bent when deflated. This lasted a good six weeks, and it wasn't until I was 8-10 weeks in that I was able to comfortably wear briefs. However, I never regretted the decision to get the implant, and even with the pain involved, would do it again in a heartbeat, the end result is that good.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

kidder

Postby kidder » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:33 pm

It's obvious to me that this whole ED thing is not exactly an exact science. What's good for one is lousy for another. In theory, the implant is probably best. And for me, "maybe" reality also. I got my Titan 6 wks ago, and it's not good yet, but maybe will be, altho I'll never be able to replace the 11/2 in that I lost. I sometimes wish I had stayed with the injections. I also had Peyronie's, and that gave me a less than perfect erection, and pain the next day. They weren't that much of an inconvenience for me. Thermos bottles with ice keep em for 2-3 days, and a little tissue around the needle, shoved into a sock, worked ok for me. A quick trip to the bathroom beforehand was no problem. To keep scar tissue from forming, one should get an auto inject. It's painless and accurate. Freehand is what's dangerous. One thing that bothers me--Dr Paul Perito talks about his "scratch method" of cleaning scar tissue and plaque. Says he does it before every implant. I could never understand why he wouldn't do the cleaning without the implant, at least if the problem is Peyronie's. Maybe wanting a bigger check from the ins. co? Actually, I don't think he did it before my surg. My curvature now is much worse than before. When I inflate, however, it's very straight. Anyway, I think I could have done a better job, more careful dosing, with the Trimix. Sometimes I'd OD, and that caused some of my pain. You have a lot to factor in to your decision. Age, married, etc. Take care.

Return to “Implants”