An Activation Sticky Needed

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RickRed40

Re: An Activation Sticky Needed

Postby RickRed40 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm giving up. I took a warm bath because I reached 6 weeks post surgery . Squeezing the pump will all the pressure I can tolerate didn't budge it at all. I'm glad my activation day is Monday. No more attempts from me, it's pointless.

superb_h

Postby superb_h » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 pm

i can only get 2 pumps my tool at the base is semi hard the bulb is hard cant pump anymore.

superb_h

Postby superb_h » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:47 pm

superb_h wrote:i can only get 2 pumps my tool at the base is semi hard the bulb is hard cant pump anymore.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:38 am

Activated on Monday. Here are my thoughts feelings and experiences.
1. Somewhat embarrassing to pull your pants down to have your surgeon deflate, activate, and teach you how to use the pump.
2. The pump starts off very difficult to squeeze and takes a lot of pressure. I was only able to get 4-5 pumps before it got to hard to pump more.
3. I'm glad I was prepared before surgery about the loss in size. I lost about an inch.
4. I had one cylinder that protruded on my right side. After 6 weeks of being simi inflated it was a relief when I was first deflated by my surgeon. I was surprised by how much pressure he used to squeeze my penis's during deflation, much more pressure than I would have thought to use.
5. My wife and I went to a hotel for a romantic night after our lesson how to use the pump. I'm glad my wife came with me to the appointment because I'd need her help that night.
6. While it was wonderful to make love to my wife, the pain I felt from 6 weeks of a protruding cylinder interfeared with what otherwise would have been a wonderful experience. I was in too much pain to orgasm inflated. I had to have my pleasure by hand while I was deflated and pain free.
7. I was totally unable to locate the button to deflate. Fortunately the device moved sideways when my wife was taught how to deflate and she located the button on the side. It took us about 3 presses on the button and about 15 minutes before I was deflated to a comfortable level.
I'm looking forward to the time when I won't feel pain inflated and when I'm able to pump and deflate easily.
8. My erections were not as hard as I expected. On a 1-10 scale I'd say they are about a 7. I hope as I continue to work with the pump I will achieve a hardness level of 9 or 10.

I'm glad I had I made the decision to get the implant and both my wife and I look forward to many years of enjoying making love once again. It's been years since I have been able to maintain an erection and I'm grateful to get back what prostate surgery took away.
Last edited by RickRed40 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:45 am

RickRed40 wrote:Activated on Monday. Here are my thoughts feelings and experiences.
1. Somewhat embarrassing to pull your pants down to have your surgeon deflate, activate, and teach you how to use the pump.
2. The pump starts off very difficult to squeeze and takes a lot of pressure. I was only able to get 4-5 pumps before it got to hard to pump more.
3. I'm glad I was prepared before surgery about the loss in size. I lost about an inch.
4. I had one cylinder that protruded on my right side. After 6 weeks of being simi inflated it was a relief when I was first deflated by my surgeon. I was surprised by how much pressure he used to squeeze my penis's during deflation, much more pressure than I would have thought to use.
5. My wife and I went to a hotel for a romantic night after our lesson how to use the pump. I'm glad my wife came with me to the appointment because I'd need her help that night.
6. While it was wonderful to make love to my wife, the pain I felt from 6 weeks of a protruding cylinder interfeared with what otherwise would have been a wonderful experience. I was in too much pain to orgasm inflated. I had to have my pleasure by hand while I was deflated and pain free.
7. I was totally unable to locate the button to deflate. Fortunately the device moved sideways when my wife was taught how to deflate and she located the button on the side. It took us about 3 presses on the button and about 15 minutes before I was deflated to a comfortable level.
I'm looking forward to the time when I won't feel pain inflated and when I'm able to pump and deflate easily.
I'm glad I had I made the decision to get the implant and both my wife and I look forward to many years of enjoying making love once again. It's been years since I have been able to maintain an erection and I'm grateful to get back what prostate surgery took away.

RickRed40, I am glad you were able to finally deflate you mentioned earlier you had difficulty. Would you still have done it now ? Did your wife notice the difference in length?
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 am

Since I have been gone a while, and this is my one year anniversary of IPP, thought I would inject a couple of personal experience comments. Although not really painful, my own inflating is more comfortable than from doctor/assistant. Two, bulb gets much softer in time.......and third, with daily I/D routine, you should, in time, be able to zip into inflate with one hand, giving better uses with free hand. Good luck to all. It is a wonderful thing to be able to be liken to the "eveready bunny". B
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:29 am

Would I choose to get an implant again knowing what I know today. Definately.
Did the loss of an inch matters to my wife? Not in the least. That's a guy thing.

Good to get Verification this gets easier. I forgot to ask how long is it necessary to pump twice a day?

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:14 am

Rick,
as I remember, I stayed with twice a day routine for several months and I still try do get one good inflation daily. Heck, I still like to admire and know an election is only 10 to 12 pumps away. Then I can go and go.
b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:31 am

Did you find your level of hardness increase over the course of time? After 4-5 pumps it seems as though the pump gets too difficult to pump so my level of hardness is at 7 of 10. I'd like to pump until I was fully erect but can't. Does this get better over the course of time?

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Rick,
I am 3 months out with my implant of a AMS 700 LGX. My pump is too high, this is causing a lot of irritation at the top of my scrotum. So I went back to the URO this am. I also told him I didn't feel like I was getting all I could with the pump. I knew my little fellar had shrunk but I thought I should have gotten more out of this than I got. He started pumping and I thought the little guy was going to burst out at the end. LOL. He said when the pump gets hard after the initial pop to keep pumping. Even if the pump just goes in a little keep pumping. He said it won't hurt the pump or blow a line. I have not been feeling hardly any pressure in my penis before when I pumped. I just pumped it up like he said and it does work. So just when you think there is nothing left to pump, KEEP PUMPING!. We are just in a learning curve right now. Like I told the doc this morning, I am 64 yrs old and just discovering my genitals. LOL I guess I will be going back in a couple months to get the pump pulled down. He said it wouldn't take but a few stitches and a few minutes. He didn't bother to say anything about the 4 weeks of pain I will have to endure. But such is life!! Blessing to ya my bionic friend.
TC
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Return to “Implants”