High volume Surgeon ?????

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Witheringhog

Re: High volume Surgeon ?????

Postby Witheringhog » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:14 pm

Bigdog4all wrote:Well, the decision has been made. Surgeon chosen. Date is Thursday 2/8. My regular URO, she wis not my surgoen but will be there to hold my hand during anesthesiology. Me still nervous, however, I also have anti-nervous pills.
I have all my prescriptions fill and the OTC meds. My Meds.....OXY,s, Hydro-codon, Relaxant pills, Antibiotics, Ibuprofen 800, & Tylenol Extra Strength. Also got 4 bags of peas (to be used frozen), 4 official Chiro Ice packs, extra biker shorts, Colox & Maalox, extra batteries for the TV remote, and plenty of soups for food. Even got Depends, should I need them.

Now questions......
1. I have the option to stay overnight at the hospital.....I chose to stay. Just to be on the safe side. Was that a wise choice?
2. From all you experience folks.....Did I leave off any meds or anything?
3. What did I overlook.....anything?

Another thing.....I have been practicing how to get out of bed. When I get out of bed, my nuts rub against the edge of the mattress. There is no way that can happen when my nuts swell and be painful. Trying to find a way to get out of bed without nuts rubbing.

A pack of baby socks, they helped me a ton, wear them like a condom. Do you have cotton briefs/old school underwear? For me boxers were too loose, biker shorts too tight, some love the biker shorts though, might want to have both?
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

Alex258

Postby Alex258 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:16 pm

Bigdog4all wrote:Well, the decision has been made. Surgeon chosen. Date is Thursday 2/8. My regular URO, she wis not my surgoen but will be there to hold my hand during anesthesiology. Me still nervous, however, I also have anti-nervous pills.
I have all my prescriptions fill and the OTC meds. My Meds.....OXY,s, Hydro-codon, Relaxant pills, Antibiotics, Ibuprofen 800, & Tylenol Extra Strength. Also got 4 bags of peas (to be used frozen), 4 official Chiro Ice packs, extra biker shorts, Colox & Maalox, extra batteries for the TV remote, and plenty of soups for food. Even got Depends, should I need them.

Now questions......
1. I have the option to stay overnight at the hospital.....I chose to stay. Just to be on the safe side. Was that a wise choice?
2. From all you experience folks.....Did I leave off any meds or anything?
3. What did I overlook.....anything?

Another thing.....I have been practicing how to get out of bed. When I get out of bed, my nuts rub against the edge of the mattress. There is no way that can happen when my nuts swell and be painful. Trying to find a way to get out of bed without nuts rubbing.

The only thing you're missing are a couple of Peanut Butter n Jelly sandwiches. Looks like you got yourself covered. I was on Tramadol for a bit. Ice and heat, ice and heat. I used a large sock 3/4 full with uncooked rice, nuked it and worked beautifully.

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:51 am

A pack of baby socks, they helped me a ton, wear them like a condom. Do you have cotton briefs/old school underwear? For me boxers were too loose, biker shorts too tight, some love the biker shorts though, might want to have both?

Yes, forgot to mention I have that a little 6 pack of baby socks....Guess, I'll figure what to do with them.

The only thing you're missing are a couple of Peanut Butter n Jelly sandwiches. Looks like you got yourself covered. I was on Tramadol for a bit. Ice and heat, ice and heat. I used a large sock 3/4 full with uncooked rice, nuked it and worked beautifully.

Yes, got some Tramadol (about 20) left over from when I went to Dentist. If I need more, they just a phone call away.

As many of you can read or see, I am leaning on the side of caution with everything. I just can't see this PT thing being an Easy & Out thing. Got a Donut Pillow on order.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:12 pm

You'll be alright. It is a nerve-racking thing to deal with for sure.
Staying overnight is a good thing. Let the nurses handle the catheter and drain.
Do you have a comfy couch? TV near? Lots of books/magazines to read? Someone to listen to you whine? LOL
Sounds like you have everything needed. The first week or so is the worst.
Rolling out of bed- log roll sideways is best to keep the nuts from dragging. Try a small pillow between the knees. I found satin boxers helped me roll around in bed easily without tangling up in the covers.
Best of luck. Let us know how things go.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:20 pm

Luckily for me my surgeries went ok. Of course my scrotum did swell up about the size of a grapefruit and looked like it went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. But as far as them being painful getting in and out of bed I didn't have to deal with that, but man they felt like they weighed a ton and trying to maneuver them when going to the bathroom was always fun. Thankfully that only lasted about a week till it got back to a more normal size.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:50 am

Thanks Alex.......
The only thing you're missing are a couple of Peanut Butter n Jelly sandwiches.

Yes, I keep the Chunky Peanut for all times, love'em.

I do have another important question......

I live in a two story house.....yuckie. How is climbing stairs after PT surgery? I do have all the comforts in bedroom...Sleep Number bed with inclining top and bottom, 65" TV, Meds on nightstand, and all the other items many of you have recommended (THANKS). Now another question.....

After surgery how difficult is it to climb or go down stairs? If I need to make a temporary bedroom downstairs (1st Floor), I can do that, with a temporary full size air mattress. I have the option on living / sleeping / healing on one floor. But if that pain hits me too hard, I would worry more about (Broken Hip) much more than am implant, from falling down stairs.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:25 am

Bigdog4all wrote:
I do have another important question......

I live in a two story house.....yuckie. How is climbing stairs after PT surgery? I do have all the comforts in bedroom...Sleep Number bed with inclining top and bottom, 65" TV, Meds on nightstand, and all the other items many of you have recommended (THANKS). Now another question.....

After surgery how difficult is it to climb or go down stairs? If I need to make a temporary bedroom downstairs (1st Floor), I can do that, with a temporary full size air mattress. I have the option on living / sleeping / healing on one floor. But if that pain hits me too hard, I would worry more about (Broken Hip) much more than am implant, from falling down stairs.

Stairs should be no problem. I have four to get in the back door, just went one step at a time. For sleeping I'd consider the room closest to the bathroom. Keep the pain under control and no falling down the stairs!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Red5150

Postby Red5150 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:18 pm

Islanderboy58 wrote:I had my consultation with Dr Levine in Chicago, I did not ask but he volunteered the fact he has done over 4k Implants,
that put me at ease.

Levine did mine. Extremely satisfied with him and the outcome. PM me if you want any info.
51 single , implanted December 2022 by Dr. Laurence Levine, Chicago, IL. Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1 cm RTE. Started playing with Tri-mix and lead to my demise.

MiddleAgedMiami

Postby MiddleAgedMiami » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:30 pm

I am having my procedure with Dr. Billy Cordon at Mt. Sinai in Miami. He was trained by Dr. Francis Eid, and employs his no touch technique. He’s also recommended by him, which is a big plus in my book. He’s a high volume surgeon and a professor of urology at Columbia University. I’ve heard very good things about him here, and I’ve been impressed with him in my visits. Also, Mt. Sinai is a really great hospital- very high quality. I had my back operation there too. My procedure is 100% covered by my insurance, I’ll have to pay less than $800 to meet the rest of my $1,000 deductible. So there’s another option in miami aside from the flashier Perito, and no $5,000 concierge fee.
41 Gay man. Had situational ED for 3 years & light venous leak.
Implanted March 2024 by Dr. Cordon at Mt. Sinai in Miami.
22 CM Titan w/ 2 CM RTE on right & 1.5 CM RTE on left. Classic pump
View my implant journal here https://tinyurl.com/yc7et8ht

Return to “Implants”