Lifespan of IPP

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stayingstrong

Re: Lifespan of IPP

Postby Stayingstrong » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:07 am

Transit74 wrote:My AMS 700 failed after 8 years, waiting for surgery date. Dr Eid said he will use the Coloplast for the revision.

Did he give you his reasoning for this?
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Copilot1204

Postby Copilot1204 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:57 am

JohnHC wrote:Like most everybody else has said, those who have had no issues tend to drop out of the forum so getting realistic numbers from real people with the implant isn't so cut and dry. Some like myself are not typical - I'm awaiting a surgical date for my third implant, first failed about 7 or 8 days in ( took 2 months to get revision done ) then the revision has failed 7 months after install. I'm hoping that this revision will last more like the 10 to 15 year expectancy I keep hearing from AMS and Coloplast. I'm just an unlucky person in life, I always seem to get the lemons in most everything I get. I've had 4 back surgeries, 4 stricture surgeries, and this will make number 3 in the implant world, just hoping my body doesn't say nope this gas to be 4 as well ...

Hey John sorry to hear that . I’m not in fear shape either . I was wondering do strictures have to be fixed before the implant surgery ?

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:14 pm

Copilot1204 wrote:Hey John sorry to hear that . I’m not in fear shape either . I was wondering do strictures have to be fixed before the implant surgery ?

My Dr fixed my last stricture before my implant surgery, which makes sense as it's very hard to place a catheter with one. I was trying to get the implant done around Sept of 2022, but having to have the stricture surgery and several months to recover and heal up from that pushed the implant surgery to April of 2023. After that it's been the comical horror story of my life... I say comical because you can only laugh at it because anything else doesn't help.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Copilot1204

Postby Copilot1204 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:08 pm

JohnHC wrote:
Copilot1204 wrote:Hey John sorry to hear that . I’m not in fear shape either . I was wondering do strictures have to be fixed before the implant surgery ?

My Dr fixed my last stricture before my implant surgery, which makes sense as it's very hard to place a catheter with one. I was trying to get the implant done around Sept of 2022, but having to have the stricture surgery and several months to recover and heal up from that pushed the implant surgery to April of 2023. After that it's been the comical horror story of my life... I say comical because you can only laugh at it because anything else doesn't help.

Sorry to hear that man wish you the best on the next surgery .

Oh wow so I’m 22 and I might have a stricture and need an implant . So I just have to get the structure fixed first ? You said it takes a year to recover that’s a long time .

Copilot1204

Postby Copilot1204 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:10 pm

JohnHC wrote:

Worst case scenario I do have a stricture maybe I just need to get a urethroplasty or something .

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:38 pm

Copilot1204 wrote:
JohnHC wrote:

Oh wow so I’m 22 and I might have a stricture and need an implant . So I just have to get the structure fixed first ? You said it takes a year to recover that’s a long time .

Doesn't take a year but the Drs like to make sure you're fully recovered from it. I think my stricture surgery was in Nov of 2022 and after that wait and waiting on the hospital to schedule the surgery I had the implant done in April of 2023. I think my Dr said they prefer to wait about 4 months for the urethra to fully heal before the surgery since they gotta shove a catheter in there and don't want to tear things up. But I have heard that they could do both the stricture and implant surgeries at the same time but I think infection risks increase doing that.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Copilot77

Postby Copilot77 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:32 am

JohnHC wrote:
Copilot1204 wrote:
JohnHC wrote:

Doesn't take a year but the Drs like to make sure you're fully recovered from it. I think my stricture surgery was in Nov of 2022 and after that wait and waiting on the hospital to schedule the surgery I had the implant done in April of 2023. I think my Dr said they prefer to wait about 4 months for the urethra to fully heal before the surgery since they gotta shove a catheter in there and don't want to tear things up. But I have heard that they could do both the stricture and implant surgeries at the same time but I think infection risks increase doing that.

Oh that makes sense appreciate it . Definitely hope they can do both if I have a stricture .

Transit74

Postby Transit74 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:08 am

Stayingstrong wrote:
Transit74 wrote:My AMS 700 failed after 8 years, waiting for surgery date. Dr Eid said he will use the Coloplast for the revision.

Did he give you his reasoning for this?

No he didn't

Return to “Implants”