37 year old athlete implant journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Iwillbeatpd

Re: 37 year old athlete implant journal

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:52 pm

SteveD wrote:Re: Meds: looks like your Doc is giving you a range of options - which is nice given that we all have different pain tolerances and responses to surgery. I used acetaminophen (Tylenol), ice, walking, resting with feet and groin elevated a bit, and supportive underwear.

Tylenol was the strongest pain meds you took Steve? I’d really prefer to do the same and stay away from the oxy. If you could do it and still function at least I have hope I may not need much. Definitely taking the antibiotic.
Fit/active/37/ Lifetime congenital left curve, which later progressed to Peyronies (2022) and severe hourglass/narrowing. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan Touch 26 cm XXL. Reservoir 130 cc saline. Pre surgery measurement: 8.25 Length 5ish Girth.

SteveD

Postby SteveD » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:29 am

Yes - only Tylenol as a pain med. But always in tandem with ice, elevation, etc. And a good strategy is to stay 'ahead' of the pain - I took 1000mg every 6 hours the first 4 days then as needed about twice a day. Believe me - there were times I could have been convinced to take something stronger but the pain was transitory and bearable. I pulled my own catheter out and that helped also. After the first 10 - 14 days warm showers were a relief and helpful with reinforcing bladder control (from a previous RP).
Somewhere on the journey after prostate cancer surgery 2019 - AMS 15/5 IPP 2 years later - saved by a very supportive wife and a great surgery team at Johns Hopkins.

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:12 pm

Hey everyone,

Some pre surgery questions I’ve been wondering about.

1. What happens to the pump bulb when you either run out of fluid, or when you just can’t get more pumps in due to the corpora not being able to expand more? When I played with a titan example model in the office the bulb stayed depressed when I got to max inflation, or no remaining liquid, not sure which it was.

2. My surgeon has advised my drain stays in for 2 days, then I go into the office to have it removed. Just to clarify, the first two days, all I need to do is ice and rest? I think I’ve read I’m also supposed to keep my dick pointed up, but the first two days did you just not cover your dick at all? I imagine it would be sensitive to try to keep it up with compression briefs.

3. Did you all take tadalfil after surgery? Wondering if that would help heal faster? If so, when did you start using it?

4. I read perrito exercises are great after, if you did this how many days in did you start?

5. Lastly, any other advice you have that you wish you knew going into your surgery would be greatly appreciated. My surgery is right around the corner so obviously scared and just trying to prepare the best I can.

6. Did you all use a VED post surgery, and if so, when did you start and what pressure did you use? I’ve read a lot of good things about that but also read you could damage the implant. Would love to hear your opinions.

Thank you all!
Fit/active/37/ Lifetime congenital left curve, which later progressed to Peyronies (2022) and severe hourglass/narrowing. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan Touch 26 cm XXL. Reservoir 130 cc saline. Pre surgery measurement: 8.25 Length 5ish Girth.

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:39 am

Hey guys-

Just wanted to post a final photo of my current state before implant surgery next week.

Seems like I haven't lost any length but just a lot of narrowing after the hinge. Really hoping the titan will be able to resolve most of that. I'd be happy with even a 50% improvement in hinge/narrowing.

https://ibb.co/qnSRytz

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:58 am

That is some gnarly narrowing. I had something similar (narrowing on the right side) and it slowly got fixed by the Titan over about 15 months. The stretching was very painful but stuck with it.

Pics of my narrowing after and then before being stretched out (both pics are with Titan inside, it had just not completed stretching the tissue yet):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20303&hilit=Stretched
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:32 pm

wolfpacker wrote:That is some gnarly narrowing. I had something similar (narrowing on the right side) and it slowly got fixed by the Titan over about 15 months. The stretching was very painful but stuck with it.

Pics of my narrowing after and then before being stretched out (both pics are with Titan inside, it had just not completed stretching the tissue yet):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20303&hilit=Stretched

Thanks for sharing wolf, that gives me hope the narrowing will improve with cycling. Your dick looks perfectly normal now, what percentage of improvement did you see over a year? Was there improvement even after 3 months? 6 months? Etc. Just curious what I could expect in maybe 3-6 months

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:21 pm

Hello all-

Officially implanted by Dr. Hakky and in recovery now. Still loopy from the anesthesia when we talked but he said all went well.

It was a Titan XL 26 with no RTE's.

He said due to my low body fat he really had to hide the reservoir. But said you can't see it or the tubing.

If you have seen my before pic you know I had bad narrowing. I'm still in shock about the vid Hakky sent because it looks like it's almost completely gone. But it's an under view of my penis so I can evaluate more when bandages come off. He did say though that when he inflated me it filled out. That was surprising, but good to hear since that was my biggest concern. Also said my post op length was identical to the measurement right before surgery.

Pee'd at the hospital before leaving and it burned like hell, but it was successful so happy about that.

Hope84

Postby Hope84 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:25 pm

Iwillbeatpd wrote:Hello all-

Officially implanted by Dr. Hakky and in recovery now. Still loopy from the anesthesia when we talked but he said all went well.

He said due to my low body fat he really had to hide the reservoir. But said you can't see it or the tubing.

If you have seen my before pic you know I had bad narrowing. I'm still in shock about the vid Hakky sent because it looks like it's almost completely gone. But it's an under view of my penis so I can evaluate more when bandages come off. He did say though that when he inflated me it filled out. That was surprising, but good to hear since that was my biggest concern. Also said my post op length was identical to the measurement right before surgery.

Pee'd at the hospital before leaving and it burned like hell, but it was successful so happy about that.

Congrats, you've been through the most difficult! I wish you a great recovery.
29 years old French with ED caused by priapism episodes at the age of 15. Pills have lost most of their potency. Waiting to try injections but convinced it will not constitute a long term solution. Will probably get an implant in the near future.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:18 pm

Hope84 wrote:
Iwillbeatpd wrote:Hello all-

Congrats, you've been through the most difficult! I wish you a great recovery.

You’re going to straighten out and probably gain some considerable girth with that titan xl. With that length, you’ll have an absolute unit soon.
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Iwillbeatpd

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:22 pm

48 hour update:

Pain is a 3/10 and switched to only 600mg of ibuprofen. Also taking my antibiotic.

Pretty sore at the reservoir site now and just a dull ache on my scrotum. Still wrapped up and can’t wait to get that off and my drain removed tomorrow. Peeing went from a 8/10 pain to maybe 4/10. Some drainage and leakage coming out of the opening-assuming due to the catheter.

Still a little worried about seeing my reservoir, but if it’s only a cosmetic thing I’ll deal with it and try to cover it by just trimming and not completely shaving. Just hoping it won’t create more risk for messing up the implant or reservoir.

Icing a lot and sleeping as much as I can

Return to “Implants”