Just got a revision for tubing/ have the same problem

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rider1400

Re: Just got a revision for tubing/ have the same problem

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:58 pm

I used a Dr in Dallas Texas who was certified by Perito and he did an amazing job on the implant and yes it was infrapubic. Now I’ve lost 35 pounds(225 now 190) so I can see a little bit of the tube that exit the top of my shaft and go around the left side. If I dig around I can follow the tubes from pump all the way up the left side of shaft where they disappear up to the resivour. My only complaint is my resivour is just under fascia and shows terribly. Dr said it would from the start as I had double hernia repairs with mesh about 20 years prior. Except for resivour I have no complaints about tubing or pump. Think it definitely is Dr skill in concealing tubing and pump placement. I will do my best to find a Dr that could place my resivour inside my abdominal wall when ever I have a revision though.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:05 am

I can't afford to see Eid and pay out of pocket so I'm just ready to give up at this point. Desperate for any answers you guys might have :(
Last edited by cautiouslyoptimistic on Thu May 02, 2024 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:08 am

It's the same on the right but I only posted the left because it's a little worse and more pronounced, but both sides have that awful bulge. And I can feel all the exit tubing right there at the base. Also i forgot to mention this new AMS pump is huge and I think it's kinked because it doesn't go straight down low into my sack, it's kinda curved and the tubes pokes straight up through the skin of my scrotum. I hate it. I wish I didn't have to complain and I hope nobody thinks I'm exaggerating or one of those people who are never satisfied. I want to like this so badly and I wish it was done right.

AverageBloke

Postby AverageBloke » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:32 am

That does look odd but I wouldn’t come to any conclusion without doing an MRI first.
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:56 pm

Nobodys going to do an MRI
Last edited by cautiouslyoptimistic on Tue May 21, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:08 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this man, my implant journey has been a nightmare as well, I can definitely relate.

Some of these doctors are really terrible in that, even when they know something has gone wrong from another surgeon, they won't say it. Some of them also, just aren't experienced enough to even know what's wrong.

I know you might be tired of hearing this, but is it possible to see Dr Eid or Dr Hakky? Even just for a video consult?

Don't give up yet my friend.

Wishing you the best.
J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

jwitten567

Postby jwitten567 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:04 pm

Although CT or MRI may just verify what the surgeon already might know, it still can be helpful for you to know what is happening before undergoing the knife again. As has been stated several times, getting a revision is much higher stakes even in experienced hands so you need to get it right. My surgeon got MRI before revision. I saw a lot of surgeons, along the west coast and NYC and all just wanted to go straight to surgery (all with different thoughts of what was going on). The MRI gave a definitive answer. Some surgeons gave some BS that the MRI or CT would not be covered for this reason - Dr. Patel got it covered. He explained that imaging generally for "pre-operative planning" is usually covered by Medicare and most commercial companies. He was right.
Radical Prostatectomy in 2015; failed pills, straight to Coloplast Titan in 2019 by Dr. Valenzuela in NYC, Replaced with AMS 700 CX in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel in San Diego, CA. Wish I jumped to an implant even before prostate cancer!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:16 am

Sorry, I haven't followed your thread very well. I see you mention a suspected aneurysm. I think if your implant was changed then the aneurysm should be gone. Since it doesn't appear to be gone then I would think that might mean your tunica is now bulged. I have read of members getting repairs to their tunicas but it isn't very common.
Just a quick guess. Maybe your dr didn't have the skill or training to repair your tunica. Just a thought to consider. I.e. you need a very specifically skilled dr.
I wish you the very best of luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:50 pm

:P @GT1956 I agree
Last edited by cautiouslyoptimistic on Mon May 06, 2024 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:24 pm

I do not have any particular knowledge on cylinder aneurysm's. It would be my guess that if/when the cylinder side walls failed. That the tunica was damaged outward. More guessing. If the tunica wasn't perforated or severely damaged. I suspect that over time the tunica in that area might atrophy down until it contacts the current cylinders. Kind of like a controlled girth loss from extended ED.
If you gently probe the bulges. Can you feel like you hit something like the cylinder walls?
I hate to say this but I suspect that you're in a very unique situation. That means there won't be a big group of drs to pick from. Getting a decently correct diagnosis would help in finding that dr. Right now all you can do is point at a flabby spot in you penile flesh that you don't like.
I have seen advetisements in my state for cash pay, no dr referral scans. I'll say they were MRI's. I think the quoted price was around $400. Of course there isn't any reading of the scan to make a diagnosis. I'm not sure but I think you get a CD with the scans on it. I presume that they are in a format that is readable on a PC.
I did know a guy that had this done around 10 or so years ago. His logic was that if something ever came up he could point to this scan & say it wasn't there at that time.
Money wasn't a issue for my friend. Funny thing was he had a brother that was a dr in a family practice. But he never said his brother was involved.
Oh, a woman posted on Reddit that she broke the penis of the boy that she lost her viginity to. Maybe search Reddit for fractured penis. See if there is any info there. Not that you have a fractured penis but maybe an aneurysm is similar enough to give you some ideas.
Sorry, best I can do for you. Lots of guesses & maybes in my reply.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”