Seeking Advice on Penile Prosthesis Brands and Future Prospects: A 33-Year-Old's Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oldbeek

Re: Seeking Advice on Penile Prosthesis Brands and Future Prospects: A 33-Year-Old's Journey

Postby oldbeek » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:34 am

My Dad got an implant in 1979. The early days of implants. His was still working when he passed away 12 years later. I have had my LGX for over 5 years. I use it every day for sex or masterbation. My surgeon who had over 30 years specializing in this field says 700LGX is best for sizing. It is a disaster to over size, so a surgeon can go a little under size with the LGX and it will expand to maximum size. I know i am maximum sized because I have internal pain if I pump to absolute 100% even after 5 years. It is like a iron spike. Also dont believe all the crap about rear tip extenders. I can hang a towel on mine with 5 cm of RTE.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

YC1990

Re: Seeking Advice on Penile Prosthesis Brands and Future Prospects: A 33-Year-Old's Journey

Postby YC1990 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:06 am

oldbeek wrote:My Dad got an implant in 1979. The early days of implants. His was still working when he passed away 12 years later. I have had my LGX for over 5 years. I use it every day for sex or masterbation. My surgeon who had over 30 years specializing in this field says 700LGX is best for sizing. It is a disaster to over size, so a surgeon can go a little under size with the LGX and it will expand to maximum size. I know i am maximum sized because I have internal pain if I pump to absolute 100% even after 5 years. It is like a iron spike. Also dont believe all the crap about rear tip extenders. I can hang a towel on mine with 5 cm of RTE.

It's interesting to hear about your experience with penile implants, and it's great that it has worked well for you. Thank you for sharing your insights and advice.

YC1990

Postby YC1990 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:08 am

Bigdave wrote:
YC1990 wrote:
2435tjklAS wrote:I went into this with zero knowledge and did no research but my doctor chose the AMS 700 LGX and I'm glad he did. First if you're concerned about size I think there's more than enough clinical as well as anecdotical evidence from dudes like me that it is a realistic expectation to gain about 1 cm, 2cm, or 3cm in length. Girth increases are also possible, but I don't know much about those and this implant does seem to have a maximum girth of about 5.5", so if you're over that going with the Titan might be better. From what I read and see photos of here about dog ears with the Titan would concern me a lot, and my new urologist who is not an expert on implants that I have now (the one who did the implant retired) told me they don't use Titans because of higher failure rates. That might be true, but I'm not positive it's accurate, though that new student YC1990 links above seems to suggest it is.

It's great to hear that you're satisfied with the AMS 700 LGX implant. It's important to have a positive experience with such a significant decision. I have the same concerns about "dog ears" with the Titan implant.

Additionally, I'm curious if anyone using the AMS LGX has experienced an increase in penis size over time after the implant. Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I'm very happy with my LGX.
After discussing it with my doctor I chose the LGX over the Titan or CX as much for it's flaccid performance as it's growth potential. After all, most of the time I'm not going around with a raging boner. LOL

As far as size, I have regained all my lost length since surgery, and have gone slightly over my original length, as well as a small increase in girth.

It's great to hear that you're satisfied with your choice of the LGX implant and that it has provided you with both improved functionality and size.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Return to “Implants”