Me & My Genesis Malleable

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LastHope

Re: Me & My New Malleable

Postby LastHope » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:30 pm

There's a ton of great tips being shared here. Really useful for anyone thinking of getting their next implant. I've got Aetna insurance, and they're famous for backing out last minute, even after initially saying yes just days before the operation. Plus, if I end up losing my job (they already cut 500 positions in January), I'll be without health insurance until I can land another job with good coverage and no ED treatment exclusions. So many uncertainties with this. Being rich might make getting an IPP seem like a good idea, but it's pretty much like having a fancy sports car that could go kaput any second, leaving you high and dry at the mechanic's. It's cool if you've got a spare sports car lying around, but that's not my case. IPP is like that sports car - great when it works, but oh boy when it doesn't. Haha!

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:54 am

Mark1974 wrote:
Rufian wrote:Last time he advised against malleable (or I should say his assistant did...he just shook his head no when I brought up a malleable). If he advises against it again I will continue to live without an implant

I just can't deal with a pump and tubes and the prospect of having a machine in my genitals that can break

Shitty surgeon i would go to someone else

If he shook his head like a jerk like that i would never see him again

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:54 am

It's tough when there's only a few surgeons around town certified by Coloplast as "center of excellence" and they're all telling you not to go for the malleable option. I tried making a point by comparing it to choosing between a Camry and a Mercedes, and the urologist was like, "Nope, it's more like picking between a horse carriage and a gasoline car." Seriously, give me a break!

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:04 am

Rufian wrote:They make more money on IPP as the implant itself costs more, so they can charge the insurance more based on this.

The manufacturers who are the ones that sell the implants to surgeons, charge more inflatables prosthesis than malleables for obvious reasons, there are more parts and components

The IPP also increases the chances of revisions and patients coming back to you, as in most cases to get warranty on these implants, you need to go to the same surgeon

If warranty covers, it will only cover the implant, but not the surgeon fees, anesthesia, etc.

At the end of the day, they are running a business, and have people to feed, employees to pay, bills, etc.

If your insurance covers everything or all you have pay is maybe a couple thousands, then IPP makes more sense, but if it the whole payment is coming out of YOUR pocket, then it makes no sense at all unless you're rich and have plenty of money to be spending 10s of thousands at any moment if the implant were to fail

If I was rich, Id get the inflatable, but I'm not, just an average nobody with average salary just trying to get a non failing dick

My goodness! I didn't realize that you can't change surgeons for warranty work.

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:12 am

Rufian wrote:
Mark1974 wrote:
Rufian wrote:Last time he advised against malleable (or I should say his assistant did...he just shook his head no when I brought up a malleable). If he advises against it again I will continue to live without an implant

I just can't deal with a pump and tubes and the prospect of having a machine in my genitals that can break

No, he is actually one of the best in the world

There a lot of potential problems with malleables and one must be realistic about them.

I just can't stand the idea of the pump and tubing and reservoir, so I either will deal with the challenges of a malleable or not get an implant
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:53 am

Mark1974 wrote:
Rufian wrote:
Mark1974 wrote:

There a lot of potential problems with malleables and one must be realistic about them.

I just can't stand the idea of the pump and tubing and reservoir, so I either will deal with the challenges of a malleable or not get an implant

I agree the pump, hose's, reservoir are a bitch to have moving around in your body, I never did get use to that feeling.
What was his reasoning for advising against it ?
If he can install a IPP he certainly can do a MPP, you don't want to go without anything, the MPP is a easier surgery, chance of erosion is very low as long as your sized right at the time of surgery, infection chances are lower, no pumping, tube, or dexterity issuses involved with the MPP.
What did he say were the problems with them in his explanation ?
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:13 am

Mark1974 wrote:
Rufian wrote:
Mark1974 wrote:

being good at your work, doesn't mean you're a good doctor in general tho. Many times these "best surgeons" have big egos and crappy attitudes

Shaking his head in disapproval is a sign of disrespect as if he thinks you're a moron for asking that, at the end of the day he just wants your money, plain and simple, he is not your friend

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:34 am

Rufian wrote:
Mark1974 wrote:
Rufian wrote:

being good at your work, doesn't mean you're a good doctor in general tho. Many times these "best surgeons" have big egos and crappy attitudes

Shaking his head in disapproval is a sign of disrespect as if he thinks you're a moron for asking that, at the end of the day he just wants your money, plain and simple, he is not your friend

Well said.

I really appreciate how the medical field can totally change and improve lives with some of its treatments and therapies. But, I've yet to come across a doctor who's actually asked me, "What do you want as a patient?" Hopefully, that'll happen someday.

strunza501

Postby strunza501 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:00 pm

I’ve been a diabetic all my life, I wouldn’t get any implant. Both kinds are total trouble. Made my life a living hell

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:36 pm

these implant doctors are involved in a vortex of money, they have lost the sense of duty and of being a doctor, they have forgotten that they have sworn to do the best for the patient, in fact they install the brand and model of the most convenient prosthesis for them
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Return to “Implants”