I Had My Annual Physical

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Re: I Had My Annual Physical

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:24 pm

David_R wrote:I have told both of my primary care doctors (one died, which is why I have had 2 since getting implanted) about getting/having a penile implant (during the 15 year's I have an implant), and neither was interested in me demonstrating it for them. I guess doctors have their uncomfortable situations sometimes like everyone.

David,
As I referenced, it ended up my doctor had a personal interest due to his own ED and likelihood of getting an implant himself. I believe he was acting as a concerned man with erection problems, not as my doctor.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Greg1956 wrote:As I referenced, it ended up my doctor had a personal interest due to his own ED and likelihood of getting an implant himself. I believe he was acting as a concerned man with erection problems, not as my doctor.

Greg, that makes sense. It was a man with an E.D. problem talking with another man with an E.D. problem (and solution) rather than doctor and patient.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Thanks for your post Greg. I can't wait to show my new doctor when I have my physical. Letting the guy pump you up is a trip. I always do that. They are always impressed.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

seeking info

Postby seeking info » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:22 am

Great job...inspiring for us all. What great things we learn and share within this site! Thank you for sharing this information!!
Medically retired. Due to very bad back issues..multiple surgeries. Implanted pain infusion system on long term opiodal meds; hypogonadism and hypothyroid as a side effect from intrathecal pain infusion system. Use low dose generic V

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 am

ddbryan1972 wrote:Thanks for your post Greg. I can't wait to show my new doctor when I have my physical. Letting the guy pump you up is a trip. I always do that. They are always impressed.
Donnie

Donnie,
You have a couple more inches to be impressed with, but my doc was very happy just to see how everything functions, that I am happy I had implant surgery, and that he now is more comfortable moving forward with his own situation.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:41 am

Greg you are too kind. I'm so glad you're doing well. Take care my brother.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm scheduled for a physical (pre-op clearance for revision) in a couple of weeks. I've been wondering if my GP would be curious about the new equipment. If he is, I'll be happy to give him a demo.

I think docs in general should be more familiar with this treatment option. Our GPs are often our first source of information about sexual issues. Maybe they could play a more active role in sparing some of their patients' the mental, emotional and relationship difficulties that are a part of ED by at least letting them know about this. I know there are many guys who have never even heard of an implant.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Bob,
I completely agree. I had several different primary care docs over the years due to my employer switching insurance frequently. In general I feel I got some bad help and advice from them. I was totally unaware there was such a thing as an implant. I was referred to the urologist for Prostate Cancer and thankfully started the dialogue about implants.

Greg

pumpitup

Postby pumpitup » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Greg I had a very similar experience. after I had my first implant done and the the first time I went back to my GP, he said " you've had the implant done, show me how it works. " I droped my pants and began to pump it up, I hadn't really got started and he told me to stop for a minute, he got on the phone and told the other male docter working at the clinic, to come in to his office he had something to show him. He came in, i'm standing there with my pants around my ankles, my GP said, have a look at this. Then he told me to keep going, at that stage it was still pretty sore but I pumped it up as hard as I could, when it was fully erect my GP said, can I have a feel, which he did. The other Dr just stood there with a big grin on his face, when I had deflated it, he said thanks for the demo and he left, my Gp said, he just wanted to know how it worked. I think back in 1993 very few Dr's even knew about penile implants.
AMS 700cx (18cm) implanted 1993,failed Aug 2017, Surgeon Professor Peter Heathcoat, Brisbane. Revision done on 16-10-17 with Titan (22+1) Surgeon A/Professor Eric Chung, Brisbane. I live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Borne 1951.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 pm

pumpitup wrote:Greg I had a very similar experience. after I had my first implant done and the the first time I went back to my GP, he said " you've had the implant done, show me how it works. " I droped my pants and began to pump it up, I hadn't really got started and he told me to stop for a minute, he got on the phone and told the other male docter working at the clinic, to come in to his office he had something to show him. He came in, i'm standing there with my pants around my ankles, my GP said, have a look at this. Then he told me to keep going, at that stage it was still pretty sore but I pumped it up as hard as I could, when it was fully erect my GP said, can I have a feel, which he did. The other Dr just stood there with a big grin on his face, when I had deflated it, he said thanks for the demo and he left, my Gp said, he just wanted to know how it worked. I think back in 1993 very few Dr's even knew about penile implants.

Pumpitup,
I think we tend to forget doctors are just regular guys, too. In your case they may have had an interest in your implant to explain it to other patients, but in my case my doc had a personal interest. We never know who we will encounter who we can help.

Greg

Return to “Implants”