Pulling the trigger

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonson

Re: Pulling the trigger

Postby jonson » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:47 am

FlaDon wrote:There is another member who used Walsh, his user name is jonson. He sounds very happy with his results.

Only 3 weeks post-op but I am very happy I went with him at this point. He does do one thing differently then most IPP surgeons in that the scrotal incision is 'cross grain'. I have had minimal to no scrotal pain during the healing process. More info and video: http://urologytimes.modernmedicine.com/urology-times/news/ipp-retractor-less-approach-ipp-placement?page=full A con to this approach might be that the pump mechanism is more likely to be over your stitches. I have found the pump pretty easy to temporarily relocate to avoid that situation tho..
60 YO - PC at 49 with RRP. ED and atrophy since then. AMS-CX 21 CM + 2 CM RTE's done on 11/24/15

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:57 pm

My surgery is scheduled for Feb 24th. It took me a long time to get my head around doing this after I found out about it. I knew nothing about implants for years either. Found out about the ^ (?) years ago but was very apprehensive when doc told me they "destroy all your natural tissue and if you don't like it, there is no going back ever to the way you were before" so that part I had to deal with and it took a lot of time. I am comfortable now that there is not as much mayhem and destruction as the first doc made it out to be and now understand there are fixes if I have issues. No other treatment has worked so there certainly is nothing to lose. Best luck to you! cheers. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:03 pm

larrys1 wrote:I have health insurance but it looks like I will be paying about 30%.

One reason I inquired about health insurance is that most have an "in network" list of doctors whom they cover. If you want to go outside of their stable you have to pay more. So if you choose one of the outside giants doctors out of state you might want to find out how much your health insurance company is willing to cover. Then there are expenses related to traveling, lodging, etc. My suggestion is to vet the doctor thoroughly. Better to pay a bit more for good results with no complications. That written, if your local uro is a good one then go with him/her. Best wishes.

KMeister

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Out of network can be substantial. Network docs cost me $2900 deductible, after then nothing. Meds are covered in hospital, none our of hospital. Out of network costs me $5900 PLUS 25% of the billed amount which can be thousands more. It is wise to check to see if your doc is still in network the day of or day before surgery. For some reason some go in and our of network like a bouncing ball. Had that issue a couple of times. One insurance rep told me it is doctors refuse to sign contracts, one doc told me it is because the insurance companies keep changing the fee structure and rules on them. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:15 am

I just got off the phone with University of Washington Men's Health Clinic and got an appointment a month early! I now go in on Christmas Eve. So excited to get this new journey started and get my sex life back. :D
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Congrats on the earlier date but it's going to be an interesting Christmas!!!!!
2016 should be a very good year,though!!

Scooter
Type 1 diabetic for 34 year, ED for the last 10, implant on 11/30/2015.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Had my appointment today with Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington Men's Health Clinic. Very professional and very kind and understanding, friendly and funny. I am set to go for surgery as soon as their surgery coordinator calls with a date. Doesn't sound like it will be too far off. She is supposed to call within about a week.
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:27 pm

So Dr. Walsh said they don't make the decision as to which implant to use until they get into surgery. Is that pretty normal? Should I sound like a typical male and inform him that I want to maximize my girth and length? He did tell me when I asked about shrinkage that any loss of length is only because the glans does not engorge with blood anymore. Other than that there is no loss. I an WAY more interested in girth than length. When trimix was working the best I was hard as a rock and girth was tremendous. Wife went crazy loving it. Anyway I guess I don't have the choice of requesting the CX, LGX or Coloplast models...

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:36 pm

larrys1 wrote:So Dr. Walsh said they don't make the decision as to which implant to use until they get into surgery. Is that pretty normal? Should I sound like a typical male and inform him that I want to maximize my girth and length? He did tell me when I asked about shrinkage that any loss of length is only because the glans does not engorge with blood anymore. Other than that there is no loss. I an WAY more interested in girth than length. When trimix was working the best I was hard as a rock and girth was tremendous. Wife went crazy loving it. Anyway I guess I don't have the choice of requesting the CX, LGX or Coloplast models...

You can ask, but you have no way of knowing which one would work best in your particular situation. That's where your doc's expertise and experience come in.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

merrix

Postby merrix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:13 pm

I agree with David.
Hopefully your doc chooses the implant best suited to your needs during surgery.
I'd focus on your priorities instead and let him choose how best to achieve that.
The different models have their pros and cons.
Let him know what is most important for you when it comes to parameters such as girth, erection rigidity, soft and natural flaccid, ease to pump up and deflate etc. That will increase his chances to make the right choice for you.
Also, ask him whether he will actually have several models available to choose from at the day of surgery.
But, it could also happen that there will be something in your case (e.g. extensive scar tissue) which will force him to use one particular model no matter what you had discussed prior to surgery.

Good luck!
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”