Ongoing scrotal pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
stringerbell

Re: Ongoing scrotal pain

Postby stringerbell » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:44 pm

keep in mind there's a couple of huge volume guys that are also at VA hospitals, giving you a "free" option to go with the best when you might initially be operated on (practiced on) by some student or resident. Examples include Kramer in Baltimore, Carrion in Tampa- both have VA hospitals that with a little red tape, those guys will end up being your surgeon.

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Is there any improvement at all? Some people just take a little longer. I couldn't sleep on my stomach for three weeks which was tough for me because I'm a stomach sleeper.

Call Gina on Monday. See if she will see you.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:41 am

It's now almost four months since my surgery. There is not much but still some pain in my scrotum. There where the pump and the skin meet. The pump is rather hard and the soreness comes from pumping. Hopefully after a callus has developed the pain shall disappear ;)
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:21 pm

StrongAgain wrote:It's now almost four months since my surgery. There is not much but still some pain in my scrotum. There where the pump and the skin meet. The pump is rather hard and the soreness comes from pumping. Hopefully after a callus has developed the pain shall disappear ;)

Ditto. At almost 7 months there is some surface soreness from pumping but this disappears completely when the scrotal skin is tight for some reason.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 pm

palace01 wrote:Hard Drive:- WHY have you needed a dozen implants?? Is that normal for others? Probably wrongly I assumed that if I got a successful one then it would last for life?

There are many factors, but it mostly boiled down to the 1st implant was done by an arrogant doctor who made a lot of mistakes and refused to acknowledge or try to correct them. All the ones that came afterwards were attempts to correct what he did. Correction for my issues required a surgeon with exceptional skills to fixing someone after a botched attempt. The VA surgeons that tried to fix all of this were not experienced at correcting a botched job, and they were doing the best they could but just didn't have the skill set to fix this (but not for lack of trying).

With the help of my primary urologist, the VA finally agreed to let me see Dr. Milam at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He did have the right experience, skill set, and attitude. He fixed me right up and he said it was easy for him. I now have the best implant ever and I'm totally satisfied with the final result (so is my wife, she's really really happy with it). I fully expect this implant to last a very long time.
harddrive

jonkchicago

Postby jonkchicago » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:25 am

The other day the pain was getting so significant after a whole day of "scraping" the sides of my scrotum. I went home and felt around down there after someone on here mentioned that the pump may need to be relocated. I was surprised that I could maneuver the deflate button section to a slight angle and seemed to be able to push in the tubing a bit more into my body cavity. A LOT of the pain has gone away since that day. Since some twinges, but I try to gently move things back into place. I was gentle so as to not break anything, but perhaps for a while, I may have to do this. It seemed to also help the tenderness in my penis. The penis seems a bit longer and straighter but not as deflated. Seems to keep the pain from the cylinders down also. I know this may not be ideal, but for now it sure seems better than the way things were. I no longer feel as though the cylinder is about to poke through the skin on my penis. I can almost totally deflate but as always some returns right away. I think this is something specific to the Titan as read others on here mention it.

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Glad you are headed down the right path! And good luck. I think things will continue to improve. I would call Gina if things get worse again.

Return to “Implants”