A bunch of questions about implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Keyman14

Re: A bunch of questions about implants

Postby Keyman14 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:44 pm

Has anyone switched implants, i.e., AMX for a Titan? Was it worth it? I have an AMX that doesn't work well enough but I've heard Titan is great. I know, I know, talk to your doctor...I did and just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling that he can help. I hear Dr. P in Fla installs Titans with great success. Any feedback is appreciated. Depressed and about to lose a partner.

pockie

Postby pockie » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Keyman14 wrote:Has anyone switched implants, i.e., AMX for a Titan? Was it worth it? I have an AMX that doesn't work well enough but I've heard Titan is great. I know, I know, talk to your doctor...I did and just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling that he can help. I hear Dr. P in Fla installs Titans with great success. Any feedback is appreciated. Depressed and about to lose a partner.

I have the Titan and I love it, but I've heard great things about the AMS 3 piece implant. So I'm surprised that it's not working well enough, since most forum members have a lot of praise for it. Which AMS model do you have, is it a 3 piece?

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:15 am

Anyway, I've been reading this forum for a long time. There seems to be a lot of different results. So here's my questions:

1. If you could go back and change things, would you still get an implant, or would you rather do pills or injections?

I did pills, then injections, then the implant. That's generally how most men who get the implant go. The pills and injections tend to become less effective over time, or side effects develop.

2. Did you lose size? If so, how much? Does post-op size depend upon the brand and type of implant, the doctor, your physiology, or a combination of all three?

I've kept my size...eventually.

3. Did the implant affect the feeling in your penis? Did it affect your ability to have an orgasm?

My penis is just a bit less sensitive than before. No change in orgasmic ability.

4. Did you have complications?

Sure did. I'm on my third implant in five years. Floppy head problems for the first, then one of the cylinders developed a bulge for the second. The third time has been a charm. (Knock on woody.)

5. I read a thread with a list of the supposed best surgeons, such as Francois Eid in NYC. Dr. Milliam in Nashville was on there, too. Is he good?

It's a big country. There are numerous experienced uros who have a track record of doing the surgery.

6. I have good insurance, and estimate that my out of pocket would be under $2000, maybe even under $1000. Am I delusional?

My copay was $350.

7. For those of you not married (I'm divorced) who have seen multiple women, have any been able to tell you had an implant?

Been happily married for over 20 years to the most wonderful woman on earth. I'll let the single fellas answer this one.

8. How long were you unable to have sex?

Generally, I was able to have sex but with the pills and injections it became stressful and distracting; worrying about would it work, how long before it would work and how long would it last...

I'm sure I have more questions, but these are the ones that have been on my mind. Thanks for any replies.[/quote]

That's why we're here.

KMeister

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:17 am

Keyman14 wrote:Has anyone switched implants, i.e., AMX for a Titan? Was it worth it? I have an AMX that doesn't work well enough but I've heard Titan is great. I know, I know, talk to your doctor...I did and just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling that he can help. I hear Dr. P in Fla installs Titans with great success. Any feedback is appreciated. Depressed and about to lose a partner.

I had two Titans. This time my doc switched to the AMS. So far (about eight months) so good.

KMeister

Return to “Implants”