Tineys gone but....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

Re: Tineys gone but....

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:18 pm

LGX_Man wrote:Unfortunately, most doctors will require that you use injections for awhile before considering an implant.

Lots of it makes no sense. Lots of things make no sense. Thank goodness there are some forward thinking doctors out there nowadays, at last! (good luck finding one)

When I consulted Dr. Kramer he suggested trying injections to see if they would work. A test injection in his office had no effect, and he sent me home to try it there and see if the environment would make any difference. When it didn't he said there was no point in continuing down that road, so we agreed to go with the implant. I delayed proceeding for a long time and eventually came to accept that I had no other choice, so in 2008 I had the surgery. We had been asexual for years before that point, and by the time I healed from the surgery we discovered that both of us had lost all interest and desire. So I have the implant but have never used it - probably not the best decision I ever made. I guess you're never too old to learn a new lesson.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Anonymous5

Postby Anonymous5 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:10 pm

saytar wrote:When it got to not affording the pills tried injection ONCE in Dr. Office................................. :cry: Screw that. Went straight to looking for implant.

Something about sticking a needle in that area makes me kind of sick.
56 yr old-pc 2010 robotically removed mayo phoenix. Peyronie's with over 90 degree curve with mild ED. Trial and error until becoming bionic June 8, 2015 @University of Washington Med. Grafting to correct Peyronie's and implant done in one surgery.

kidder

Postby kidder » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:26 pm

I know this is an old thread, so my comment may never be read. But I have a little different perspective on the injections. First off, I did go from the shots to an implant, and it might have been inevitable. Who knows? I'm 5 weeks post op with a Titan. I feel like it's all healing properly, and it should do the job in due time. Biggest complaint is, like many others, loss of size. What I will say about the shots is that I think they would have worked a lot longer, but for my own carelessness. #1--As time went on I think I needlessly injected more of the Trimix than was necessary. Started with .02ml and when I quit was up to .04. Just greedy, but didn't help the overall condition of my Peyronies filled penis. Also, anyone who opts for the shots should use an auto inject. Using a freehand is almost certainly going to experience bruising, and more importantly, scarring. So maybe I would have just delayed things, but I preferred the Trimix erection ( I think ). I was rock hard for at least 2 hr. And if I hadn't overdosed, I probably wouldn't have experienced the pain. I didn't find it inconvenient. There were many times when I would fill an injector and put in my sock, wrapped in tissue, for use later in the evening. May sound strange to some, but finding creative ways is a small price to pay for good intercourse.

Return to “Implants”