So much discontent PPI size

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: So much discontent PPI size

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:34 pm

newbie443 wrote:I agree that there is still some room for improvement. I have posted in the past that there is 3 kinds of size loss. Pre op in loss of size due to loss of erections and atrophy. During surgery due to conservative sizing. And post op due to long activation wait times causing a coffin effect.

My local doctors were all low volume (1-3 a year) and all of them and the patients I talked to said to expect 1-2" of loss. These doctors were the only ones in my home state and were the only choice men had for local doctors.

Most IPP surgeries are done by low volume doctors. Many who do not even recommend VED use pre op. They do not size aggressively. They have long waits for activation.

Some are able to search for a high volume doctor but most are not. And skill level will differ at times a lot between doctors. And studies have shown that ED causes size loss. This is much more than just unrealistic expectations.

Everything you said is true, newbie443 until the last sentence. You have a different definition of "unrealistic expectations" than I do, so we have no dispute over that, either. When I write "unrealistic expectations", I refer to the three types of size loss you mentioned (very perceptive of you to differentiate them). 1) Men remember (sometimes optimisticly) their pre-ED size and expect post-op to have that size. Unrealisticly. 2 and 3) Their surgeon did not discuss with them their surgical technique and post-op care and prepare the patient for the reality. to be expected. (Note that it is also partly the patient's duty to prepare himself, but I acknowledge that it is the doctor who bears the greater responsibiity to inform.)

When I talked to my surgeon, I had educated myself and knew to ask how aggressively he sizes during the surgery and learned that he would leave me about 80% inflated (I already knew about the "coffin effect" of the pseudo-capsule of scar tissue.)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”