Lifespan of IPP

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fucked0ne

Re: Lifespan of IPP

Postby fucked0ne » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:05 pm

All good information--especially the points about satisfied implantees not posting as often (mostly newbies and those going in for premature revisions).

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 pm

fucked0ne wrote:All good information--especially the points about satisfied implantees not posting as often (mostly newbies and those going in for premature revisions).

I suspect that there is a component of dr skill involved. My drs nurse is fairly adamant that he repairs a fair number of implants done by other drs. But he doesn't have to repair many of his own. Factor into the equation that there is basically only 2 implanters of any volume here, at least right now. There is a few that claim to do implants but........
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:07 am

Daytripper wrote:10 years Titan, then revision

Daytripper:

What's the actual deal with revisions? Is it a more difficult procedure than the initial implant?

F1

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:47 am

Gt1956 wrote:
fucked0ne wrote:All good information--especially the points about satisfied implantees not posting as often (mostly newbies and those going in for premature revisions).

I suspect that there is a component of dr skill involved. My drs nurse is fairly adamant that he repairs a fair number of implants done by other drs. But he doesn't have to repair many of his own. Factor into the equation that there is basically only 2 implanters of any volume here, at least right now. There is a few that claim to do implants but........

What 2 implanters are you referring to?
I believe there to be quite a few referenced on this forum
My doctor, Francois Eid has performed over 8000 of them of which, I think he said, 25% are repairs of other botched up surgeries. He takes many cases that other surgeons won't touch.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:22 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:

What 2 implanters are you referring to?
I believe there to be quite a few referenced on this forum
My doctor, Francois Eid has performed over 8000 of them of which, I think he said, 25% are repairs of other botched up surgeries. He takes many cases that other surgeons won't touch.

When I used the word "here". I mean in my state.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:55 pm

Daytripper:

What's the actual deal with revisions? Is it a more difficult procedure than the initial implant?

For me the revision was an easier surgery to recovery from compared to the original. There's still some challenges for example the revision placed the reservoir higher on my abdomen below the belt line and that took about 3 months to feel right but it was very sensitive for a while. On the other hand everything else was pretty smooth with minimal swelling and moderate pain.

The first surgery the tips in the glands were a real pain, literally and took a while to settle in. For some reason the first surgery I ended up with dog ears but no such problem with the revision.

Thinking back and comparing the two, well i was very happy with the original very reliable. The revision is even better I wouldnt have thought it possible but heres couple of examples, the pump is placed in the center and towards the back of my nut sac it blends nicely and not detectable by my partners. It appears i'm larger now and still have nice girth and with no dog ears.

I hesitant to over state the results but 8 months later these are my impressions, I would caution anyone who assumes revisions are always successful because that is not the case. I was lucky and am grateful for my good fortune but a ton of the credit goes to my doctor and his skill.
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

Transit74

Postby Transit74 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:12 pm

My AMS 700 failed after 8 years, waiting for surgery date. Dr Eid said he will use the Coloplast for the revision.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:24 pm

I liked my surgeon well enough that I transferred all my urological care to him after my implant. I REALLY liked & respected my urologist so that ought to say something.

At any rate, I see him at 6 months intervals for a TRT check, let them read my PSA etc. having just passed 4 years on my LGX, I asked how long it would last.

Both the doc and the PA gave me the same answer: we plan on ten years. There is no rule that it will quit at the ten year mark. They have patients that have gone 15+. It’s not a jet airliner, where they scrap it after x number of flight hours or y number of cycles (takeoffs and landings). There doesn’t seem to be a correlation between how much you use it and how quickly it fails. If so mine should have already quit.

I don’t dwell on this LGX failing. I do think about a replacement, mainly because I think we’ve gone as far as the LGX will take me. I’ve got an 18+5, there seems to be enough anecdotal evidence that there are issues with the 21 cm LGX, guys who get revisions invariably require 2-3 cm more implant than the original installation. So do I go with a 21+4 or 21+5 CX or do I roll the dice with a 24+2 or 26 Titan?

A guy’s own experience becomes his new normal. A trouble free AMS implant is my normal. The earlier poster was spot on: there are no guarantees in life. If this LGX quits when I’m 80 I’m going to want to replace it with something.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:38 pm

Like most everybody else has said, those who have had no issues tend to drop out of the forum so getting realistic numbers from real people with the implant isn't so cut and dry. Some like myself are not typical - I'm awaiting a surgical date for my third implant, first failed about 7 or 8 days in ( took 2 months to get revision done ) then the revision has failed 7 months after install. I'm hoping that this revision will last more like the 10 to 15 year expectancy I keep hearing from AMS and Coloplast. I'm just an unlucky person in life, I always seem to get the lemons in most everything I get. I've had 4 back surgeries, 4 stricture surgeries, and this will make number 3 in the implant world, just hoping my body doesn't say nope this gas to be 4 as well ...
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

fucked0ne

Postby fucked0ne » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:20 am

JohnHC:

You're not alone, man. I'm not sure how old you are, but I just turned forty and my back is fucked. In fact, I'm going in today to speak to an osteopath. I also have severe, idiopathic erectile dysfunction which came on me suddenly four years ago. That's why I'm here. No history of atherosclerosis, diabetes, or venous leak. Probably a musculoskeletal issue.

Sooner or later, life takes a big, steaming, careless dump on everyone.

Return to “Implants”