Dog Ears Titan or AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jage64

Re: Dog Ears Titan or AMS

Postby Jage64 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:56 pm

..to Drhite's point, I met with my local Kaiser urologist first. Nice guy, but he was a very definite NOPE. The research I had done for the weeks prior to meeting with him very quickly informed me that I knew more than he did about everything not related to the actual surgery itself.

I could have paid a $200 copay at Kaiser, but instead I literally paid 100x that out of pocket to fly 2000 miles away and have it done by Dr. Clavell. It's THAT important to choose your surgeon wisely. Also, I think most high volume and well respected surgeons don't even consider the LGX as a viable option for many reasons.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:22 pm

Jage64. Implant drs know something they aren't sharing with us. My dr only uses AMS. He is in some of the AMS YouTube videos. He will use a LGX. He will not use a LGX if you measure 21cm or greater. No negotiating. I was willing to get a LGX. I measured exactly 21cm so I got a 21cm CX.

I've read posts from men that have 21cm LGX's and they didn't report any problems. I don't know what the issue is. I might speculate that the tubing doesn't exit the cylinders in the best spot but thats the best that I can think of.

Btw, I think flying to a better dr was likely one of the best health moves of your life.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:12 pm

Jage64 wrote:..to Drhite's point, I met with my local Kaiser urologist first. Nice guy, but he was a very definite NOPE. The research I had done for the weeks prior to meeting with him very quickly informed me that I knew more than he did about everything not related to the actual surgery itself.

I could have paid a $200 copay at Kaiser, but instead I literally paid 100x that out of pocket to fly 2000 miles away and have it done by Dr. Clavell. It's THAT important to choose your surgeon wisely. Also, I think most high volume and well respected surgeons don't even consider the LGX as a viable option for many reasons.

1000%

Whole heartedly agree... ams vs titan??? Eh.. Its the surgeon that will ruin your day.

Granted despite the monumental fuck up that he is, I still dont regret doin the implant.

I regret listening to "standard" medical advice and being scared from doin the surgery years ago.... to preserve my preED6.5"....

Also, being able to pound my girl to hour long squirting orgasms even at 5" is AMAZING. COLOPLAST is definitely upto the rigorous sex that LGX was not.. The Titan Genesis pump is soooo much smaller than AMS's Sombrero-on-a-walnut-pump.

Do it with the Usual.Suspects and like so many here who have, you'll only regret not doin sooner.
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

Return to “Implants”