should I go alone

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: should I go alone

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:06 pm

Rufian wrote:
ThailandBound wrote:Your surgery with Clavell is exactly 1 year to the day of my surgery with him. In fact, i was his first surgery of the new year. (happy new year! btw).
i flew from Miami to Houston and back. Uber’d from IAH to hotel and back after surgery. Uber’d to my hotel after surgery.
All was fine. The nerve block he gives you is a miracle. Did feel odd with that numb bundle of new hardware. Didn’t hurt, but moved at a snails pace. Very self conscious. TSA no problem.
I informed the gate agent i’d had recent surgery and asked if i could pre-board with the old folks. A category i probably fit in anyway. She didn’t hesitate to agree. This will prevent you from standing in line on the jet bridge or get jostled by fellow passengers.
Pack light! Don’t want to lift a heavy rollaboard suitcase over your head.

how much was the cost and how did you pay?
what insurance do you have and is it through employer or is just medicare?
do you know if they take care credit?

Be wary of Care Credit. They advertise no interest but there are some very big tricks they will do to you.
1 If you are late or miss a payment. All interest is due. Even on money that you've already paid.
2 They have a very strict policy on late fees. Btw, if your payment arrives on the due date it is late. They process all fees & interest in the morning before they even open the mail or log in electronic payments.
3 This is the big one. The free interest is for 2 years but they bill you like its a 3 year loan. Thus at 2 years & you have any balance, number 1 & 2 apply fully. They are not your friend.

Due to some oral surgery. My wife required a full mouth of dental crowns. I used Care Credit. I fully read the paperwork & even called for details. Its all plainly written out.
I had the funds. I never paid a penny in interest. Crowns were done by section. I got interest free loans of 5 months four times. They canceled my account afterwards. I wasn't a good customer.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:11 pm

Rufian wrote:
ThailandBound wrote:Your surgery with Clavell is exactly 1 year to the day of my surgery with him. In fact, i was his first surgery of the new year. (happy new year! btw).

i flew from Miami to Houston and back. Uber’d from IAH to hotel and back after surgery. Uber’d to my hotel after surgery.

All was fine. The nerve block he gives you is a miracle. Did feel odd with that numb bundle of new hardware. Didn’t hurt, but moved at a snails pace. Very self conscious. TSA no problem.

I informed the gate agent i’d had recent surgery and asked if i could pre-board with the old folks. A category i probably fit in anyway. She didn’t hesitate to agree. This will prevent you from standing in line on the jet bridge or get jostled by fellow passengers.

Pack light! Don’t want to lift a heavy rollaboard suitcase over your head.

how much was the cost and how did you pay?

what insurance do you have and is it through employer or is just medicare?

do you know if they take care credit?

I paid exactly $21,000 out of pocket.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:31 am

formsetter wrote:I am scheduled for surgery with cavel on Jan 3
My wife and I were wondering if it would be OK for me to go alone or should she go with me
she could hold down the fort at home while im gone
I Would have to fly there and back only 2hr flight not bad would I need her help
or can i do it alone
I was wondering how many guys went alone and was it hard to do by yourself

You’ll have zero issues going alone

I flew in from Cincinnati to Houston…and back. Absolutely easy to do
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

formsetter

Postby formsetter » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:21 am

sent you a pm
47 ed for 3 years blame it on finasteride implanted on Jan 3 with cavell
Titian with classic pump 23.0 with .5 RTE
pre implant 7" x 5.5"
6.5" x 5" now hopefully get it all back with cycling

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:31 pm

I was 5 hour drive but had my wife take me. I stayed overnight at a motel and she drove me home next day. I could have done it with no problem as my motel was less than a 100yards from the door of hospital but….. sure was easier with her. Flying presents its own issues and everyone is different in their ability to handle discomfort or pain. Do what you have to do but I would want the assistance and I had very little issues with any pain.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”