Just got a revision for tubing/ have the same problem

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jwitten567

Re: Just got a revision for tubing/ have the same problem

Postby jwitten567 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:47 pm

I would say if its bothering you or your partner[s] (pain, etc) then it can be fixed. Its likely they used the original opening into the corpora to replace the implant when they should try to go as deep as possible (where the tubing comes out of corpora) to hide everything as best as possible in the scrotum. Dr. Eid talks about how this is better for penoscrotum rather than the infrapubic techniques.
Radical Prostatectomy in 2015; failed pills, straight to Coloplast Titan in 2019 by Dr. Valenzuela in NYC, Replaced with AMS 700 CX in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel in San Diego, CA. Wish I jumped to an implant even before prostate cancer!

Drhite

Postby Drhite » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:44 pm

cautiouslyoptimistic wrote:I just got a revision 9/29 to address a tubing issue. I had a 22 cm Titan and the tubing rode up high on my shaft. Kramer also used those had plastic tubing connectors and you could feel them all around the base and popping up through my scrotum. I just got a revision to fix it, and the doctor said he wanted to put in a AMS CX. He said he’s more comfortable using the AMS and said he’d be able to bury the tubing deep so I couldn’t feel it. Now that the swelling is going down it’s exactly the same. And the pump feels gigantic compared to the Titan. He didnt use the hard plastic tubing connectors which is better, but other than than I feel the hard plastic exit tubing sitting right at the base on my penis. It’s so friggin annoying and painful. And Kramer left me with a hematoma at the base on my penis that is unfixable.

Question: Do you guys feel this exit tubing at the base on your penis or am I just cursed?

I think i may have the same problem. I've posted on here about the tubing and pump placement being too far distal... think mid shaft.

I had pain where the tubing is clearly felt in the side of the base on the penis. And also pain with sex cause the pump would jam against the vagina or mouth causing it to bend down. Doc said its fine..... wtf..

Well, now i broke the left cylinder and am getting revision 11/6 , to titan
45yo , AMS LGX 700 18.5cm 6/28 by Kaiser Dr. Moheydar - Baldwin Park, do not recommend. 12 wks LT cyl failure and bulge. Rev to Titan Genesis 11/6. Consulting 2nd doc for issues not corrected 1/11/24

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:27 pm

Dr. Clavell implanted me with a 22cm Titan and I'd have to say it's perfect . The caveat is its my 1st implant surgery and I have nothing to compare it to , I'm very happy with the results and will go back to him when it's revision time . The implant is sized correctly. The tips go deep into the glans and support it properly. The pump is perfectly placed and easy to get to. The tubing is tucked away and doesn't protrude through the skin . I have zero complaints and am sorry to hear about the dissatisfaction you have with your results.
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:28 pm

Heres what i have learned, I have had two implants the first had the tubing problem exactly as you described, the revision however there is no tubing to be found anywhere. The difference?? Im convinced its the skill of the surgeon. The first surgeon I since learned didnt do a good job hence the tubing issue, but the second Dr. Clavell was amazing. The tubing is completely concealed and cant be felt anywhere and the pump is seated back and centered in my sac. Much better results.

The thing is all doctors primarily use the same devices Titan or AMS the difference maker is the skill of the surgeon. Thank you Dr. Clavel!
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

Hunchback

Postby Hunchback » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:18 am

Is the tubing very different from natural veins in the penis?
39 years old, married. ED all my life because of spinal cord injury caused by a tumor in early infant age. Using standard EDEX20 since 2007. Increasingly bad results with EDEX in the last few years, but had very good results for at least 10 years.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:11 am

Hunchback wrote:Is the tubing very different from natural veins in the penis?

You bet your life its different. Veins are soft & flexible. Tubing is larger & a lot firmer.
Even with the very small spot where I can feel a short piece of mine. It crosses my shaft on the left side between my leg & my scrotum.
If my jeans pull it to make firm contact with my shaft. It is noticeable. I won't say that its painfull but it does get your attention. Perhaps after a year of recovery it mighy not be as bad. But I'm grateful that I only have to deal with it in one spot. If I had it coiled or bunched up like some members have described. I'd be really pissed.
My pump is high. I'm not thrilled about that. But it is in a spot that I can live with.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

indeed

Postby indeed » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:41 am

I feel for you man, my tubing is also very palpable and even visible depending on position and skin thightness. It's livable but i still hate it.
Clavell told me it's because i'm very slim and have a short crus.. Dr. Eid told me it shouldn't matter at all though and that he could always trim the cylinders to hide the tubing.
Is he really at 50k for a revision now? Did you get quotes from his office?

Wishing you a quick recovery man

cautiouslyoptimistic wrote:I appreciate the responses. Hearing people say they can’t feel any tubing honestly makes me even more discouraged. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m never going to get a blowjob the rest of my life. A girl would freak out going down on me. It looks and feels so unnatural. Men considering an implant, never let anyone tell you “nobody would ever notice unless they felt the pump in your sac”. That’s complete bullshit. I went through with this thinking that was the case and now there’s no going back. I’m miserable. And not Dr. Eid isn’t an option for me at 50k out of pocket.
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:13 pm

Thanks everyone for the responses and feedback. I’m only 2 weeks out of the revision so that’s why I haven’t updated my signature. I’ll do my best to answer everyone’s questions.

I went from a 22cm Titan with no RTE’s to an AMS CX, not sure about size since it only goes up to 21 cm if I’m not mistaken. Those who don’t have palpable tubing I don’t expect you to understand, but it’s very uncomfortable and often painful when pushed against. It also makes you feel like it’s not your penis. It feels like a hard plastic robotic penis. Literally just hard plastic attached to your shaft, so it’s not as easy as “don’t think about it”. When i grab the base of my penis i feel and see this hard rubbery bulge from Kramers botched initial implant, there’s some sort of hematoma or tunica rip there. Then i feel the hard plastic tubes and the large hard plastic tubings going to the pump. My surgeon is high volume, very understanding, and I can tell he tried his best but the problems are similar after the revision.

And yes I spoke with Eid’s office. He’s over 40k for implants, around 44k I believe i was quoted, and they offer no sort of financing options. I tried to go through their hospital to work something out and it was a dead end. As indeed said, it’s live-able but very frustrating and on my mind constantly. I also hate this giant AMS pump after having a Titan for over a year. I think my only options are go for another revision or spend thousands on fillers to see if that helps.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:21 pm

Daytripper wrote:Heres what i have learned, I have had two implants the first had the tubing problem exactly as you described, the revision however there is no tubing to be found anywhere. The difference?? Im convinced its the skill of the surgeon. The first surgeon I since learned didnt do a good job hence the tubing issue, but the second Dr. Clavell was amazing. The tubing is completely concealed and cant be felt anywhere and the pump is seated back and centered in my sac. Much better results.

The thing is all doctors primarily use the same devices Titan or AMS the difference maker is the skill of the surgeon. Thank you Dr. Clavel!

hi Daytripper, doing some math you did the inspection 7 months later, have you lost size?
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:42 am

hi Daytripper, doing some math you did the inspection 7 months later, have you lost size?

No I did not lose any size and gained girth. The 7 month wait from Titan failure to revision was due to insurance issues. I too was concerned about losing length during this period and i consulted with two high volume surgeons who both said the cylinders that remained would keep things stretched out. They were both right I cant see any difference length wise and seemed to have gained girth likely due to a more capacity reservoir being used so Im a shower now and absolutely no dog ears. Lastly I only cycled moderately during the first few months nothing too crazy. Very pleased with outcome and thank my lucky stars because I know favorable outcomes are not guaranteed. I give all credit deservingly so to Dr. Clavell, the man is a wizard.

Btw both surgeons indicated VED treatment would not be necessary during the 7 months I was waiting for revision because the cylinders remained in place. All the best.
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

Return to “Implants”