Implant after years of using Trimix

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Frenchie

Re: Implant after years of using Trimix

Postby Frenchie » Sat May 06, 2023 6:33 pm

Hillywilly wrote:
Frenchie wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Frenchie, part of the problem with scarring is it contracts which causes the peyronies. Once it starts it doesn't stop. So if you notice scarring you need to get an implant as quickly as possible because the peyronies is getting worse every day you wait. Just stopping the injections does not stop the progression of the disease.

I know man it sucks but as a really young guy I have to make the most of injections before going for implant. I see some men who have used them for years with no scarring and the literature says only a fraction develop it. But once you get scarring I have two big questions that worry me :
1.Can VED everyday help to maintain the size while you are waiting for the implant?
2. Can the implant itself regain the size lost by scarring and peyronie or it only maintains what you are left before the surgery?

I injected for 1 year maybe a bit over Trimix number 5 and it was AWESOME. Unfortunately, I did develop some scarring I could have continued with injections but I didn't want more scarring.

What signs of scarring did you notice from Trimix? And was it a problem for your implant surgery or not at all?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Sat May 06, 2023 9:40 pm

Frenchie wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:
Frenchie wrote:I know man it sucks but as a really young guy I have to make the most of injections before going for implant. I see some men who have used them for years with no scarring and the literature says only a fraction develop it. But once you get scarring I have two big questions that worry me :
1.Can VED everyday help to maintain the size while you are waiting for the implant?
2. Can the implant itself regain the size lost by scarring and peyronie or it only maintains what you are left before the surgery?

I injected for 1 year maybe a bit over Trimix number 5 and it was AWESOME. Unfortunately, I did develop some scarring I could have continued with injections but I didn't want more scarring.

What signs of scarring did you notice from Trimix? And was it a problem for your implant surgery or not at all?

Hey Frenchie,

To be honest I didn't even notice it. But I did notice a required dose esclation which I did not like at all! Because I used to do injections recreationally (didn't need them but liked the long erection) and I knew that wasn't good.

I don't really know if it was an issue for my surgery most of my erectile tissue I think was pretty good except distally. I did get scarring at the right base right where I used to inject.

The reason I got the ipp wasn't scarring from injections though it was hourglass from trauma.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Sun May 07, 2023 5:41 pm

Hillywilly wrote:
Frenchie wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:

Hey Frenchie,

To be honest I didn't even notice it. But I did notice a required dose esclation which I did not like at all! Because I used to do injections recreationally (didn't need them but liked the long erection) and I knew that wasn't good.

I don't really know if it was an issue for my surgery most of my erectile tissue I think was pretty good except distally. I did get scarring at the right base right where I used to inject.

The reason I got the ipp wasn't scarring from injections though it was hourglass from trauma.

What did Hakky say to you about future revisions? How many implants can you have considering your age? This is the thing that worries me the most as I will also have an implant when I am in my 30s(I am only in my 20s now and depending on injections). The thing that scares me the most is if an infection occurs in a revision and they cant put another implant. This is I believe the main worry for us young guys and revisions.
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Sun May 07, 2023 6:31 pm

Frenchie wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:
Frenchie wrote:What did Hakky say to you about future revisions? How many implants can you have considering your age?

Hakky told me to be very careful who I go to for revisions only takes once to be botched. Hakky told me my dick will be like a fine wine and get better with age (upsizing).

Should you get an infection you can still have another implant… the scenario looks like this:

Option A) Classical method- remove implant and wait for the body to clear infection (best way to make sure the infection is gone but at the cost of certain size loss).

Option B) Malleable salvage- dr put a malleable in place of IPP and puts you on IV antibiotics to kill the infection. I would think you still lose at least girth w this option but I’m just guessing here.

Option C) IPP salvage- Dr. Puts a new 3 piece in you. Best way to keep your size but also the most likely to get reinfected due to more components for bacteria to cling to.

btw I thought more about your question on symptoms of scar tissue noticed and I did start noticing a slight indent in the area of injections now that I think about it.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Ld5953

Postby Ld5953 » Mon May 08, 2023 12:24 am

I injected for 20 years and obviously had scarring. Received implant in early February and gave had zero issues. Working like a charm!
Radical prostatectomy in 2002. Used injections for 20 years. Implanted (infrapubic) with AMS 700 on February 10, 2023.

JH1982

Postby JH1982 » Mon May 08, 2023 6:44 am

Ld5953 wrote:I injected for 20 years and obviously had scarring. Received implant in early February and gave had zero issues. Working like a charm!

So would you say that it makes no difference implanting with scarring?

I guess that it’s pointless to ask to surgeon as they will just say that scarring makes surgery more complicated

But if you go there and you have scarring then this won’t matter anymore and they will do the surgery regardless

Ld5953

Postby Ld5953 » Tue May 09, 2023 12:42 am

It was never suggested by my surgeon that scarring would be a problem, and it wasn’t.
Radical prostatectomy in 2002. Used injections for 20 years. Implanted (infrapubic) with AMS 700 on February 10, 2023.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue May 09, 2023 8:46 am

3+ years of injections here. Started at low dose bimix and graduated to a mega-dose of turbo-trimix (the strongest formula) until it just wouldn’t work anymore. Veinous leakage diagnosed and had the implant Jan 4th.

No scarring whatsoever.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Tue May 09, 2023 8:52 am

After pills stopped working i went right to the implant, if you can only us injections 1-2 times a week then i would just rather do without, i want sex every night, with my good wife it settles on 4-5 times a week. I based my decision on how many times can i get sex in a week/month, for other folks, if twice a month is all you desire then the injections would be perfect.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

Ld5953

Postby Ld5953 » Tue May 09, 2023 9:18 am

One of the main issue with injections, for me, was duration of erections.I couldn’t count the number of times I had 3 and 4 hour erections. That becomes a problem. I found injections to be very unpredictable, concerning dosage, and it would change over the years. Zero spontaneity. Wish I had gone the implant route 15 years earlier.

Return to “Implants”