Need a great implant doctor in LA, any referrals

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
willing

Re: Need a great implant doctor in LA, any referrals

Postby willing » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:53 pm

BearsWin wrote:Had another suboptimal Trimix experience last night despite a hefty dosing. I think the vial is going into the garbage and I'll expedite this surgery. So tired of wondering whether my penis is going to work.

That's pretty much where I am. trimix works but I never quite know when between needing a steady continual increase in dosage and decreasing effectiveness with longer time since rx fulfillment (and worrying about priapism on the other end). Figure ED is there for life and sex hopefully is as well, so may as well plan on something reliable. Good luck with your search!
11/29/22 Coloplast Titan 22cm, Touch pump, Es2822, 125cc . Dr. Karpman, infrapubic

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:00 pm

Trimix slowly quit working for me. Had to keep upping the dose, then sometimes it wouldn't work, or I'd get a floppy erection. Moved to Quadmix, that only worked for a few months. Increased the dose so high I'd ache all the next day.
If you check the board Dr. Karpman is doing a study on the new Rigicon implants.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:41 pm

Karpman will do both but seemed to have a preference to AMS. His name is in the intro to the AMS user DVD that came in my packet for the patient demonstration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwp0YfSLxIU His reputation is very good. He was on my list for doctors for this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:42 pm

willing wrote:
oldbeek wrote: Private Message, Quincy, He used Karpman and wrote a journal about his experience. Search Quincy in the search bar or Boise ID He will give you details.

Thanks ! found his journal and PM'ed but his profile shows he hasn't logged on in a while. Among other questions, curious about how frequently Karpman does the procedure and whether he has a device preference (seems Quincy went with AMS. A higher volume seems like something to look for.
I think presently he is leaning to the Titan. I think he is doing over 250 a year.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:01 am

For what little this means. I did talk to him on the phone for 5-10 minutes over 2 years ago. At the time he was the closet "name" implant surgeon to me. Btw, Quincy had a good experience with Karpman. I think I'm a few hundred more miles away from Karpman than Quincy is. I was able to find a good surgeon closer to me, had a good interview here then covid turned the local hospitals upside down. I failed to keep the urgency in my quest. Two months ago I reached out here to make an appointment & wow. It was almost a 4 month wait. Seems that my timing really sucks. I'd almost be willing to jump on the table at that appointment. But just to tell others. The better doctors are not always easy to get in to see. My guy only sees patients on 1 day of the week. Also, he only operates 1 day a week. Guys, when you find a good dr. Grab ahold of him & don't get out of his appointment rotation.
Back to Karpman. My guy speaks highly of him & claims he has a good off beat sense of humor. I kind of gathered that during my telephone conference. I had a really good feel for him. To the point I asked my wife if we should pay cash for him rather than wait 6 months for Medicare to kick in. My timing just sucks.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

willing

Postby willing » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:38 pm

thanks everyone for the feedback - the site is great. Now feeling more at ease about going with Karpman rather than searching further - and a bit of (dark) humor has been a plus with past surgeries. Will be curious to hear his thoughts about Titan vs AMS vs Rigicon (if eligible). My bias towards Titan is mostly from the number of satisfied recipients here and the Clavell comparison video.
11/29/22 Coloplast Titan 22cm, Touch pump, Es2822, 125cc . Dr. Karpman, infrapubic

ventura

Postby ventura » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:45 pm

I too had my inplant at USC with Doc Loh Doyle. Excellent care
Inplanted 12-28-21 USC Doctor Loh-Doyle AMS700 with MS Pump

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm

Willing send me a private message. I am friends with Quincy and I can have him call you if you wish. I have his phone number.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

BearsWin

Postby BearsWin » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:30 pm

Amansincali:

Good luck tomorrow - based on your comments I scheduled a consult with Dr. Yafi for this Thursday. If I generally like what he has to say I'm going to follow in your footsteps.

Hope you see this and can provide an update as to how things went.
Born 1966. PDE-5s since age 40. Decreasing efficacy age 50. Started on Trimix 2022 - variable response even at high doses. Coloplast Titan 11/1/22 Dr. Yafi UCI, submuscular/ectopic reservoir. History of hypertension. Married, Nevada.

Return to “Implants”