My implant is going to happen - 11/12/2021 with Dr Eid

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Confusedjourney

Re: My implant is going to happen - 11/12/2021 with Dr Eid

Postby Confusedjourney » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Best of luck.I’m right behind you. I have my surgery with Dr Eid this Tuesday.

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Best of luck.I’m right behind you. I have my surgery with Dr Eid this Tuesday.

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:03 am

Thx everyone I can’t wait to get this catheter out and begin the initial pumping, hoping it’s not crazy painful.

traveler

Postby traveler » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:36 pm

I've taken some time off from posting anything. It has been super helpful knowing what to expect and post op timeline. Really no surprises. Just one unexpected event. Eid told me the reservoir would be on my right side. Due to some scar tissue issues my reservoir had to go on my left side. The scar tissue is remnants from my radiation treatments in 2019. So he had to work through that and some muscle which has caused fair amount of pain now when bending forward. Will heal up with time.

Some notes:
Friday and Saturday the roughest, just as everyone describes. Ice, ice and more ice. Garden Suites Affinia hotel was great. Would recommend.

Sunday a bit better, catheter is no fun but it beats having to get up and pee. (with a tender penis pointing upward). I had a catheter for a week after prostate surgery in 2018, just three days was easy.Took a short walk to end of block and back

Monday was a little anxious about getting on the plane for a 2.25 hour flight home. Was not a problem. We did get 1st class seats so I could stretch out some. I was prepared with my Coloplast Implant ID card for airport security, it was a non issue. The screener did call me aside but only to pat down my arms, never mentioned a device showing up on x-ray machine. Met with Eid at 8:00am for catheter removal and initial pump activation. That was uncomfortable but not as bad as expected. Started the hot baths as soon as I got home, those really help.

Tuesday-Saturday. Mostly resting, some walking in our neighborhood. I feel good other than the abdomen pain, but that has started to subside. Inflating/deflating going well. Pump seems a little easier to operate with each session. Took one of the strong oxy pills 1st night (just in case). Since then just been using the ibuprofen when needed.

Really happy with Eid and staff. He takes his time and I never felt rushed or like I was getting "factory medical care" New York was an experience. Got to do a little sightseeing on Wed and Thu. We had thought about driving, glad I did not do that, a car in New York would have been a scary experience. Glad to be back to the boring midwest.

Two weeks prior to my implant had an issue come up at my cancer check up. PSA had an uptick. Without a prostate PSA should remain at zero. Scan is showing some cancer cells in some lymph nodes near prostate bed. This is in a different area than what was previously treated in 2018-2019. Good news is nothing in my pelvis or organs. So I'm going to have some radiation in December. I was afraid this may have derailed my implant at this time. Here I am with all prescriptions, airline tickets, hotel reservations etc in hand and get this curve ball thrown at me. Both Eid and my local doctor saw no reason to postpone the implant and that it would not interfere with radiation treatments in December. Thankful for that.

Thanks to this website there have been no surprises so far, all the research and communicating with all of you that have been down this road has taken most of the anxiety out of this journey. Thanks again.

traveler
67 years old. RP OCT/2018. Implanted by Dr Eid 11-12-2021. Titan 20cm. No regrets and 100% happy with the process and results. Forever grateful to Dr Eid for his diligence and expertise in helping men like me. Research, know your surgeon and prepare.

traveler

Postby traveler » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:16 pm

Recovery continuing to go well. Will be 2 weeks tomorrow. The hot jacuzzi baths have become my new best friend. I maxed out the pump yesterday. (42 pumps) I can see now how some guys have reported 50-60 pumps to max out. It’s fairly easy to get a “half pump” as opposed to a full pump. Taking ibuprofen occasionally, it helps with soreness after pumping. Have not used any of the strong pain killers.

I’m pleased with my new look. Going from grower to shower will take a little time to get used to. No noticeable creases/bends unusual shapes. Appearance is just as expected and just as surgeon indicated. (Thank you Dr Eid)

Getting anxious now for my first test drive. Since the surgery I feel like a new person. Just knowing that I will now have the ability rise to the occasion when desired is a great feeling. So far no surprises. All the research and advice from others has paid off.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

traveler
67 years old. RP OCT/2018. Implanted by Dr Eid 11-12-2021. Titan 20cm. No regrets and 100% happy with the process and results. Forever grateful to Dr Eid for his diligence and expertise in helping men like me. Research, know your surgeon and prepare.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 pm

traveler wrote:Recovery continuing to go well. Will be 2 weeks tomorrow.

Have you had the stitches removed yet? I had mine done at a local urgent care with Dr Eid's letter, took just a few minutes and felt great to have them gone. Sounds like you are making good progress.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

traveler

Postby traveler » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:24 pm

warrenw, I hadn’t thought of the urgent care option. Great idea. I’m going to remove them myself tomorrow. Eid said it was not complicated. My local doc will do it, that’s my back up plan. So far all is well. Wish you well and a good recovery

traveler

Return to “Implants”