Things to do or plan before and after implant surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LeRoastBeef

Things to do or plan before and after implant surgery

Postby LeRoastBeef » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:35 am

To all those who have gone through an implant.

What would you recommend that one does in the run up to, and after, surgery?

What did you learn from the experience that you would now do differently, if you had to do it all again?

So, tips, tricks and advice for getting an implant. Practical, psychological or otherwise. (Also, merry Christmas!)
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Markus55

Re: Things to do or plan before and after implant surgery

Postby Markus55 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:49 pm

I was implanted in April 2018. Committing to the surgery is a big step. Listen to your doctor. Patience! Know there is recovery and rehab after the surgery. Once you heal you'll see that it's the greatest. Be prepared to feel like a 20 year old! At 20 it wasn't this good. The major downside for me is chasing and catching my wife!!! :lol:
68 yrs old. Began having ED at 49. Venous leak, Diabetes and Peyronies. Tried pills and injections, didn't work. Implanted April 2018 with a Coloplast Titan 22 cm.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:36 pm

If stay in a Hotel after your procedure stock it ahead of time.Get a room with a walk in shower. Relax and take it slow. Listen to your Doc, and don't rush or worry about things. Ice down liberally and often. There is no rush to cycle. Warm baths are great when your doc says its OK.

Best decision I ever made

Best to you Brother!
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:32 pm

VAC before to get max length and exercise the blood vessels. There is a post / discussion especially about vacuuming before IPP. Read it.
After, keep that pump moving in your scrotum. Don't rush the healing process. Some of these guys think there is a race to get it in use ASAP. I was still quit sore at 6 weeks. I used it soon also, but it was no where near as good as after 6 months.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:53 pm

Write down all your questions and concerns so you don’t forget anything when you are looking into a doc.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:40 am

LeRoastBeef wrote:To all those who have gone through an implant.

What would you recommend that one does in the run up to, and after, surgery?

What did you learn from the experience that you would now do differently, if you had to do it all again?

So, tips, tricks and advice for getting an implant. Practical, psychological or otherwise. (Also, merry Christmas!)

Make yourself a couple of ice packs. It was recommended to me to get the small bags of peas or corn BUT, I discovered that each time I used them they thawed and when I went to refreeze the next time it had frozen into one big chunk so, my advice is to go get either dried peas or popcorn from a bulk store and use an old odd sock throw those in the freezer. For the first few days you will probably need to ice 3 to 5 times a day for 20 minutes... no more (and really no less). The amount of pain/discomfort will be directly related to the amount of swelling. Also, round up some games, books, movies... for the first couple of days, it is advisable for you to lay rested as much time as possible. This prevents haematomas and further swelling. Finally, the doctor will probably give you something for pain... TAKE IT. For some reason, people find it macho to come on here and say "yeah, I have the pills the doctor gave me for pain but I haven't taken it... it's not that bad, I'll just tough it out" (well, maybe not those exact words). It's like they feel manly because they didn't take any pain meds. IT'S NOT MANLY... it's dumb. When you start getting pain, you have no idea how bad the pain is going to be until it quits getting painful. Inflammation causes swelling, swelling causes pain, pain causes inflammation, and so on and so on and so on. Happy New Year. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:14 pm

Do you have a date set? Ask your surgeon for surgical glue instead of stitches, makes a huge difference in healing the wound. Had stitches for implant and glue for revision. No comparison between the 2. You can soak in a cold/hot tub the day of surgery with glue and waterproof bandages.
Ask your surgeon to send you home pumped up 50%. It will save you months of agony mentally and physically trying to restretch out your shrunken penis. You will need to pull on it to help ease tip pain during the first 2 weeks well worth it.
I took an alcohol sponge bath both times before going in for surgery kills germs on skin Good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”