Deflation guidance

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

Deflation guidance

Postby Quincy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:23 pm

I'm at 4 weeks out from surgery today. AMS LGX. Deflation seems to be harder to get right than inflation right now.

1. I have to squeeze my penis quite hard to deflate and even then I don't feel like I'm totally "flaccid", just not as inflated. Maybe this is just the way an implant feels, but my dick doesn't hang, it points outward. It's flexible enough that I can bend it with my fingers, and the skin is not stretched out the way it is when inflated, but it doesn't feel empty. Is it normal to feel like I'm not fully deflated for some time after surgery? Will this get better over time and eventually it will hang down more naturally?

2. I also need to push on the deflation button more than once. With a single push, I can start squeezing but at some point it stops and I have to depress the button again to get re-started. Normal?

3. My entire dick, including the head, is still somewhat sore. It looks ok, but feels like there is one big bruising running the whole length. So squeezing to deflate is a little painful - not horrible or anything to make me yell, just feels like pushing against a bruise. Patience being always the key word with implants, I'm assuming the bruised feeling will eventually go away and it will be easier to squeeze and get more fully deflated.

Thanks for any thoughts you might care to share.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

radioradio

Re: Deflation guidance

Postby radioradio » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Quincy,
Correct on all counts as far as my experience. It took a while before I could get the cylinders really empty. (And then I’d pump it up a little anyway, so I didn’t have a funny looking squished dick.) Over time I think you’ll hang down more. I’m now at about 5 o’clock. For some time I had to keep the deflation. Button depressed while I would squeeze the saline out. Also, I didn’t realize how hard I had to squeeze until the doc did it. Like a vise, but easier now.
Hope all is well.
Bob
Last edited by radioradio on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:32 pm

I have followed my urologist's instructions: Press and hold deflate button for 7 seconds with pause in between ("one... two ..." etc.), then I squeeze my penis to get the last little bit out -- guys with longer dicks I understand use a "milking motion" (with the part of the fist near the little finger on the bottom), where guys with smaller ones (like mine) do what I call an "upside down milking motion" (with the part of the fist between the thumb and index finger on the bottom). Whatever works for you!

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:22 pm

I now find that if I just hold the button down for a slow 4 seconds, it stays the drain mode after button released. To push out saline if needed, while only back, I press the button with left hand while I press down on my dick with my thumb base and press down near the base also near the perineum with my middle finger. You will get the hang of it soon. As for the pain, my entire dick is still tender at 9 weeks.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm still learning (4 weeks out) on the LGX. I use my left hand to squeeze the button and my right to milk the dick down from head to base. I turn loose of the button while still holding my dick squished. I haven't given an extra pump at the end as advised by my surgeon because I haven't experienced any auto-inflation.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Return to “Implants”