My Titan Blew Out Saturday...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hard drive

Postby hard drive » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Well, I was inflating Saturday night to give my wife "A night to remember" but gave my self one instead. I felt a sudden burning in my scrotum, then an instant flushed feeling in my face (like an allergic reaction), then itching in my scrotum and a fluid bulge. The pump bulb went flat and would not return, but my penis was still hard. I hit the deflate button, the bulb returned to round and my penis deflated.

I tried it many times the rest of the night, Sunday and Monday. The bulb went flat on the first pump every single time. Over the next couple of days nothing changed. On Tuesday the 17th, I got to see my urologist in Asheville, and after checking it out and confirming that I sprang a leak, he told me that a full replacement was going to be needed. The earliest I could get is probably March, but if there is a early cancellation I'll get bumped up. That's where it's at now, this will be my 3rd go around. I'm hoping 3 times will be the charm...
harddrive

hard drive

Re: My Titan Blew Out Saturday...

Postby hard drive » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Can you believe this? My surgeon from the V.A. called me tonight (Sunday!) to let me know he was going to perform the surgery on Friday, Feb. 17th, 2012. I couldn't be more surprised and happy... :D
harddrive

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 pm

harddrive,
Wow! Sorry to hear you sprang a leak but glad it's already in the works to be replaced. I'll be praying.

Dave

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:13 pm

jn1421 wrote:harddrive,
Wow! Sorry to hear you sprang a leak but glad it's already in the works to be replaced. I'll be praying.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I just want to know exactly what failed. I think it was a tubing splice but there's no way of knowing until the cut me open again.
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I appreciate the prayers, I need all the help I can get. I just wish it was already finished and 6 months behind me. I just pray for an optimal result that me and the wife are happy with for MANY years to come. I'm tired of having my penis cut up and only getting a few weeks of good sex. I want this done right, once and for all...
harddrive

steveb

Postby steveb » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:55 am

How long has it been since you first got your implant? Best of luck!!!
Married 43 years old. Auto accident broke my pelvis in 7 spots which cause my ED

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:38 am

Glad to hear you're getting the replacement so quickly...relatively speaking. Hope your future nights to remember don't blow out your Titan again. Good luck...
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 pm

steveb wrote:How long has it been since you first got your implant? Best of luck!!!

One year and one month.
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 am

Well, Friday is the big day for me. Out with the old and in with the new. I sure this time is the charm. If it works as well as the revised implant did before the blow-out we'll be happy. Things were going so damned well before the failure. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
harddrive

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 pm

What time is your surgery? I think all of us bionic guys should grab our bionic parts and think good thoughts for you at that time! :lol:

Seriously, I hope everything goes well, and stays well!

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Return to “Implants”