SENSATIONS POST IMPLANT-

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
isnip2000

SENSATIONS POST IMPLANT-

Postby isnip2000 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:49 pm

We currently use a vacuum device with only moderate satisfaction and of course I use it for therapy post prostatectomy- 20 months ago. Although I am almost 75 I am not willing to throw in the towel yet.
I am planning to have and implant- in fact it was tentatively scheduled for Feb 7the but I still have too many unanswered questions. They are personal but I really would like to hear from people with one.
1- When you reach orgasm does it feel like it used to? I mean does it throb and even jerk?
2- When you are in the shower and soaping up- when you rub him a little bit do you have those sensations that would lead to an erection if you were able.
3- Is it inevitable that I will loose length and or girth?
4- Does the glans (head) still get hard or does it remain soft. Please explain how it effect the overall girth and the sensations.
And if anyone wants to comment on other aspects of the implant please do so.
Thank you very much
74 years old- married 56 years to high school sweethart- 4 children-4 grands -2 great grands -West Texas
74 years old-married to high school sweetheart for 56 years- 4 children-4 grand children-2 great-grands-
Prostate CA Feb 2010- so far still 0 psa-

bob1138

Re: SENSATIONS POST IMPLANT-

Postby bob1138 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:09 am

Isnip,

I developed ED Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004 and underwent the Coloplast Titan Penile Implant Procedure in December 2007.
I will attempt to answer some of your questions from my own personal experiences over the last 4 years:

1- When I reach orgasm it feels like it used to except for the fact that I can no longer ejaculate after my
Prostatectomy. But I do achieve a really intense dry orgasm.
2- When I rub him while soaping up in the shower, I do have those sensations that would have led to an erection
before I developed ED. I attribute this to the fact that the surface blood vessels in the penis are not at all affected
by the Implant Procedure and, therefore, a healthy blood flow is maintained to the penile surface tissue.
3- Personally, I lost very little length but gained significant girth.
4- Speaking from my own experience, the glans (head) still gets hard and , as I stated above, I gained significant girth.
Also, my penis is more sensitive now than before my Implant. My simplistic explanation for this would be that when the
Bioflex tubes of the Titan Implant are inserted into the Corpora Cavernosa the nerves and blood vessels are forced
closer to the surface of the penis. My personal experience has definitely been increased sensation for whatever reason.
I hope this has been helpful and best of luck with your Implant.

Should you have further questions or would just like to talk, please feel free to PM me.

Bob

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:22 am

I commend you for your desire to have an implant. You raise some good questions and the other guy did a great job of answering them for you. I got my implant (LGX) on 7 November. I am diabetic but healed on the surface remarkably well. I don't have much feeling in my c ock and believe it's the result of peripheral neuropathy from the diabetes. But many guys have told me it took them awhile to get feeling back. I'm not telling you this to discourage you at all. I'm confident I'll get the feeling back. I think the problem I have is not related to the surgery, but the diabetes. A significant number of guys with the implants are pleased with the results, as am I. My girth is considerably greater and I don't think I lost any length from the implant. I lost my length from the prostatectomy. I think I'm getting a little more length but can't tell for sure. The reason is because I have been able to increase the number of pumps it takes to get erect...that tells me there's more space to fill. But more length can take up to 18 months, some say. To faciliate growth, I pump up at night before bed and don't deflate until morning, unless it gets uncomfortable, which it sometimes does. I love to wake up hard. Haven't done that in so many years....

Good luck with your implant. You'll LOVE it. Do it now and don't look back.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Dr. Eid says on his website that one should not leave the implant pumped up longer than is necessary for sex because it can cause loss of sensitivity..........

Now to answer the original posters questions: I have lost about 1/3 of both length and girth (circumference). I had the implant in late August in Nashville. But the bigger worries/problems are the floppy/useless head and the almost total loss of sensitivity in the head (have to finish by hand now....). I had serious curvature after the implant but a homemade splint has helped to get it back to almost straight now. Neither tip extends to the glans, although the doctor wrote in his post-op report that the right tip is 60% into the glans and the left tip is 30% into the glans. Maybe I am mistaken as to what the glans is however?

Return to “Implants”