Numbness in my Penis after Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
barfinkl1

Numbness in my Penis after Implant

Postby barfinkl1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:53 am

I have type II diabetes and have no doubt that it has contributed to my ED...I had the LGX implanted on 7 Nov 11 and have not been able to orgasm. The reason is that I have little sensation in my penis. About the only place is the frenulum, and even that isn't so great. My uro is going to prescribe something to help with nerve damage if it's not better by March. Before the surgery, it was somewhat insensitive, but I could orgasm. I had read on one site that some guys take 6--9 months to get their feeling back. Has anyone here had a similar experience? Would really like to hear from you. Please PM me.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

ariadne

Re: Numbness in my Penis after Implant

Postby ariadne » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 am

barfinkl1, you may PM me if you have further questions, but I think a public reply would be helpful to others. I have the AMS700LGX and was distressed that the left side of the shaft was completely numb on inflation. At age 76, I had lost some feeling but not to this extent. MD was surprised that numbness showed up there, as numbness is "usually in the glans." So, distressing as it is, some loss of sensitivy is to be expected. The good news is that sensitivity has returned to my penis. You may have other issues with nerves, but I hope that over six to nine months you will regain sensitivity. Best wishes.

Beezer

Postby Beezer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Quick question, did the surgeon make a lateral incision in the pubic area just above the penis?

Or, was the implant completely inserted through the scrotal incision?

bill1200

Postby bill1200 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

3 months post AMS CX, definate loss of sensation, have been able to orgasm but takes much, much longer. Welcome at times, but not always. It's a good "problem" to have IMO, compared to not knowing if it would get hard at all, let alone stay hard enough to reach orgasm. My wife went out of state for 2 weeks recently. When we rejoined and had sex I was able to reach orgasm much easier for the first 4 or 5 times, so clearly the sensation loss can be overcome by desire. Now I am back to not reaching orgasm sometimes. We have definately adjusted to a new "type" of sex and my orgasm (or hers for that matter) plays very little part in determining when to stop. All in all, for us anyway, a total success, some of the best....no let me state that differently, hands down the best sex we have ever had...ever. And we have been together 40 years!!!!
Hope it works out for you.
59 y/o, Good health, dealing with ED since age 40, pills worked for awhile, shots work but are getting less effective and a hassle.
IPP AMS CX 10-11-11, Dr Karpman

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks for the great responses...as a result, i feel more confident I'll get feeling back...Beezer, they did a retropubic implant...the incision was above the penis.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

billybob5898

Postby billybob5898 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Barfinkl 1,
Have you tried the lube yet. I hope it worked out for you. It is suppose to give sensation feelings. The warming jell is good I have not tried the others. Best of luck. Bill

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 pm

billy bob ~ I have the warming jelly and it feels good. But it doesn't do anything for my lack of sensation. haven't bought the KY tingling jell yet, but I'm gonna give it a try. Seems like my cabinet is filling up with jellies and creams. LOL

Thanks to you all for your suggestions and comments.

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Loss of sensation is my biggest problem, too. Usually have to finish by hand.......

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:26 pm

dmikesaw wrote:Loss of sensation is my biggest problem, too. Usually have to finish by hand.......

Same here! I have a loss of feeling when it comes to the "warmth" of a woman. This could also be from a condom...but I know I for sure lost some sensitivity.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Return to “Implants”