Type of anaesthetic

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
treetop

Re: Type of anaesthetic

Postby treetop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 pm

I saw in another post that even though Dr. EID uses the spinal method, you are also given something so that your not conscious.

I hope that is the case...

I think if men here were aware of getting an implant there would be many complaints!!!
TT
Treetop
Implanted on 6/14/2024 at Manhattan ENT Hospital NY.
Titan Coloplast by Dr. EID - 40% venous leak.
Thanks to Franktalk I have been planning this for over 5 years.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I wish I was conscious, or what they call 'twilighted'. I have this awful fear of being sedated. I have had surgery in the past where I watched them reconnect my finger that got snapped in half, and all they gave me was local. That didn't bother me at all.

But, there is just something about getting artificially knocked out that gives me this awful feeling. I would opt to not do it if I could.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Cnidium wrote:I wish I was conscious, or what they call 'twilighted'. I have this awful fear of being sedated. I have had surgery in the past where I watched them reconnect my finger that got snapped in half, and all they gave me was local. That didn't bother me at all.

But, there is just something about getting artificially knocked out that gives me this awful feeling. I would opt to not do it if I could.

Watch my video

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:03 am

An unusual question.... usually most of us do not get to help decide what type of Anesthesia we get.... we just go in lay on the table and ..we are out. Curious as to why your concerned about this?

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:15 am

I was lucky and Patrick with Dr. Kramer did a GREAT job with me as I have a fear of needles. Patrick used a gas first and then placed the needles. No problem at all and very easy with waking. Had pain medication ready and would do again in a heartbeat. They had 70's rock playing while is sucked the gas as I requested. Great experience.

Below is what I was given and as I was told, everyone is different so be sure to speak with doctor.

You received general anesthesia via endo tracheal tube. Sevoflurane inhaled anesthetic. Pain was controlled with Fentanyl and intravenous Acetaminophen. Zofran for antiemetic.

Hope this helps
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am

You cares what anaesthesia you get as long as you are a sleep.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

LesNesman1

Postby LesNesman1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am

I had a spinal.Doc gave me the choice but said he liked the spinal a lot.The nurse gave me a numming shot and then inserted the tap and said "Here comes the happy juice" and that's all I remember until I was in recovery.
ED for 28 years.Used all pills and injections until no other options worked.
Age-53
Implanted 4/19/17 by Dr. Aaron Lentz( Duke Urology)--22CM Titan no RTE's
Bionic Assault 6/12/17 and blew her doors off.

treetop

Postby treetop » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 am

bbb2.5 wrote:An unusual question.... usually most of us do not get to help decide what type of Anesthesia we get.... we just go in lay on the table and ..we are out. Curious as to why your concerned about this?

Why?... can you imagine if your paralyzed or numb from the waist down and are fully aware while they are doing your implant? But can't speak?.. NO..... No..... No.....

That is why it matters to me!!
TT
Treetop
Implanted on 6/14/2024 at Manhattan ENT Hospital NY.
Titan Coloplast by Dr. EID - 40% venous leak.
Thanks to Franktalk I have been planning this for over 5 years.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:46 am

General anaesthetic -- it takes about 24 hours for it to leave your system so definitely feel out of it for that timeframe. It also affects the muscles and the ability to urinate, etc., so having a catheter in for those 24 hours, though painful to some degree, allows you to stay flat and not worry about trying to relieve yourself
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm

treetop wrote:
bbb2.5 wrote:An unusual question.... usually most of us do not get to help decide what type of Anesthesia we get.... we just go in lay on the table and ..we are out. Curious as to why your concerned about this?

Why?... can you imagine if your paralyzed or numb from the waist down and are fully aware while they are doing your implant? But can't speak?.. NO..... No..... No.....

That is why it matters to me!!
TT

I still dont get it, sorry.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Return to “Implants”