1 wk post-op. is this normal?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
lunacynic

Re: 1 wk post-op. is this normal?

Postby lunacynic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:03 pm

day 15 - much improved as you can see!

had my second post-op follow-up with dr kansas today. i showed him photos from days 6 and 7 and he accepted them without surprise or concern as typical consequences of the procedure. he agreed that the discoloration and swelling was due to internal bleeding and defended withdrawing the drain tube while i was still losing 10cc/hr as necessary to avoid increasing the risk of infection. he didn't address the risk of infection from leaving the hole where the tube came out open and bleeding for 3 days.

he also explained that what appears to be a c-shaped laceration is just a little blood trapped by the glue used to seal the puncture where the filament was used to draw the cylinder to the end of the shaft. i was happy to hear that ;)

and finally, he reassured me that all the lumps, thickening, and asymmetry in my scrotum will resolve which will make it much easier to manipulate the pump, and cleared me to begin normal cycling. the best news i've had since the beginning of this odyssey is that 23hrs/day i can now deflate that f@#$%^ as far as i need to to stow it comfortably!

i'm not having much trouble deflating since i can locate the button fairly easily, but pumping is a big problem. the right side of my scrotum is so full of crap i can't get a firm grip on anything and have to break the process down into several stages with breaks in between. but in spite of that and the pain i'm getting it done.

the bottom line is that everything is getting better! i still have a lot of healing to do but i feel like i'm over the hump :)

D15A-400.jpg
D15A-400.jpg (26.39 KiB) Viewed 2575 times
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

KarlB1706

Postby KarlB1706 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Needled

Not everyone swells up and bruises like lunacynic. I had almost no pain maybe a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being extremely painful, and no bruising at all. It just depends on you and your doctor.

Karl
69 yrs old retired, first implant in 2009, second implant AMS 700 LGX implanted August 2015, Dallas, TX area

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:47 pm

3 weeks post-op today.

everything looks much better! no swelling except for the scrotum where .. i'm having some issues. the main problem is some kind of clump that seems to be attached to the side of the pump bulb. i have no idea what it is. it doesn't hurt to squeeze but it's almost as big as the pump itself and i can't separate it from the bulb. it prevents me from changing the position of the pump or getting a good grip on it. and i'm not at all happy with the placement of the pump, which is very high and next to the shaft of my penis, but maybe this clump thing is preventing it from dropping lower. i'll talk to kansas about it tomorrow.

my penis still very tender. it doesn't bother me at all if i let him roam free and strangely enough it doesn't really hurt to squeeze him when i deflate. but the skin is very sensitive even to the fabric of my briefs and once i tuck him in and put pants on i'm continuously uncomfortable and walk like a duck the whole time.

on a positive note, i hit the gym on day 17 and did a full-body workout with just my warm up weights. it went ok so yesterday day 20 i did my normal back and chest split. even tho my reps were off about 20% i didn't have any problems pushing weight, but sitting on narrow gym benches really had those plastic cylinder tips talking to me!

anyway, progress! enough that i've noticed my attitude has changed from feeling sorry for myself to looking ahead to field testing this bad boy ;)
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:39 pm

You are doing great so far and now you have that positive attitude! I bet lot of us implantees forgot all the pain and the swelling the black and blue that we went through.

It looked like a botched job to begin with, but so far so good.

Continue your course of getting well.

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:12 pm

Never have seen anything on this site like that. Enough to scare the hell out of man waiting. Photos were taken in first four weeks. Swelling and bruising are very visible and disappeared about 6 to 7 weeks after. Top photo in during the second month and swelling is almost all gone with minor bruising still there. I saw Dr. Kramer at 2 months to inflate as swelling still there at 30 days and very hard to located everything. Worked great at 2 months.

Good luck with all.
Attachments
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG (95.03 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (85.7 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
IMG_0610.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG (102.78 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:38 pm

ok 29 days post op. had a very interesting but disappointing visit with dr kansas this morning.

the lumps in my scrotum have begun to dissolve, which is great, but this has exposed another disconcerning and unexpected problem. the pump is designed to hang by the tubes between the testicles with the bulb at the bottom like a pendulum. mine however, hangs horizontally with the bulb protruding forward just under the base of my penis. my left testicle hangs below it and my right testicle is stacked above it. and, get this, one of the tubes is looped around the pump in the space between the bulb and the deflate button. i don't know if there are any other tube entaglements going on in there but this one is very easy to detect. dr kansas was reluctant to acknowledge this until i positioned his finger directly on the tube and insisted he trace it across and beyond the pump.

i expected him to say, whoa! we need to fix this!

but he didn't. in fact, he was perfectly content to leave it this way, and kept trying to reassure me everything was ok as long as i can pump and deflate. eventually i made a final pitch. i don't have a medical degree, i have a math degree and i know some physics and engineering. but it doesn't take any degree to understand this scenario, any child could do it. i took his model and arranged it the way you see in fig 1 below. this is the right way. then i arranged it the way you see in fig 2. this is the wrong way.

i want it done the right way.

so, he decided he was willing to do it if that's what i really want. yeah that's what i really want.

at this point i was thinking this might be something he can fix right here in his exam room. i had a vasectomy years ago and watched the whole thing so i thought he can numb me up, make a small incision in my scrotum, and stick something in there to unhook the tube. but he won't do that. he's so wedded to the infrapubic protocol he wants to open up the original incision above my penis, drag the whole apparatus out, and reinstall it.

no thanks.

so now i need to find another surgeon who's willing to untangle my gordian knot. the prob is, i'm leaving texas in 9 days and spending a week or two in seattle and hawaii before i head for asia. i've tried to set something up with walsh, wessells, or mullen in seattle but they're all booked out beyond that, so i may have to live with this for awhile. the good news is, it goes up and down! but it's a mess in there and i'm not happy about it.

THEPROBWEB600.jpg
THEPROBWEB600.jpg (58.13 KiB) Viewed 2394 times

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:11 pm

luna,

At first, my pump was situated very similarly to the way you have it in figure 2. It stayed that way for quite some time, and I thought something was wrong as well. My biggest complaint at the time was that it pushed my scrotum out forward, right underneath my penis like you were describing, making my already 'smaller' dick look even smaller. But in time, everything relaxed, the pumped dropped to the bottom of the scrotum, and my bulb still points forward. After talking with my doctor about it, he says he deliberately places it that way to make it easier to access the pump and well as place the supply tubes at the back of the scrotum. You said there is still some swelling there, so my only thought is that it may very well get a lot better in time. My scrotal swelling was bad too, and I had those 'lumps' you are talking about, and mine hurt! However, in followup visits to the uro, his assistant would "pop" the swollen lumps, and it would immediately relieve some of the pain. He did emphasize that I should be "pulling down" on the pump often, and now in retrospect, I guess that was why....to get the pump floating loose and free. You're still early in your healing, so before you jump back on the operating table, see where you are in another month or so.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:47 pm

6wks+ postop -

at this point it's all about the pump location. a couple weeks ago i managed to free the tube that was wrapped around the pump but it's still hung up horizontally at the base of my penis with the bulb sticking out in front and my right testicle stacked above it. apparently the pump has adhered to the thickened tissue on the right side of my scrotum and that's what's keeping it from hanging normally.

i drove to houston yesterday to get an opinion from dr robert cornell. he recommended waiting a few weeks to see if the adhesions resolve on their own but was open to a surgical intervention. i'm on board just getting it fixed but even tho it would be a simpler procedure, there are still substantial risks of infection and enough trauma to justify a couple weeks without heavy lifting. well, i need to move a house full of furniture in and out in a couple weeks and then i'm heading to asia for a year so i have no choice but to wait it out. if it doesn't resolve i guess i'm stuck with things as they are for at least a year :/ time will tell . . .

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am

quick hit-and-run one-year update.

i've come a long way since that first ugly week.

6.25 flacid and when i bend that steel rule to follow the gentle curve of my erection it's exactly 7". after losing 3/4" girth on the operating table my current 5" looks skinny to me, but since i live in asia that's mostly been a blessing in disguise ;) still, kansas should have chosen a titan.

my balls hang diagonally and the pump sticks out in front but as irritating as that can be it doesn't in any way interfere with pumping/deflating.

bottom line: i have partners on call and a fully-functioning bionic dick .. what's not to love?

ONEYEAR1-600.jpg
ONEYEAR1-600.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

ONEYEAR2-600.jpg
ONEYEAR2-600.jpg (41.99 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

ONEYEAR3-600.jpg
ONEYEAR3-600.jpg (33.2 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am

NeedleD wrote:That photo is enough to convince me not to do THAT as LONG as possible!
Best of luck! Sincerely.

Then dont watch my video you never Do it

Return to “Implants”