AMS vs Coloplast questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tybeeman

Re: AMS vs Coloplast questions

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 pm

TANGERINE wrote:Thank You for the diagram. When I had a consultation with Dr Karpman (great implant surgeon), we discussed the Coloplast Titan versus the AMS LGX. He mentioned his you tube video (I had seen it, FrankTalk has nicknamed the video "the horse" -- you can find it on you tube with search words "karpman penile implant demonstration" on you tube.

Dr. Karpman stated the folloeing:

1) He really likes the beautiful flaccid appearance of the AMS. (looks really natural) The coloplast can look like you have a "semi erection" when you walk around the locker room naked --- so guys might look at you a little funny (apparently, this does not happen for everyone, but this does seem to be the case for me 4 months out)
2) He says the pump is larger with AMS, so easier for some guys to deal with inflation and deflation
3) He says that you can feel the "krinkles" of the heavier coloplast tubes when the coloplast is totally defalted.
4) He acknowledged that the diameters are different and said, "yup, 18mm versus 22mm" (just like the diagram shown earlier in this thread). But then he said, "you know though, I am not sure that everyone inflates their implants to the max anyway, so that size difference might not be important."

So, what I take from this, is it depends a little bit on what your sex partner can handle. If she has a pussy that is not very stretchy, the COLOPLAST might be uncomfortable. My wife was pretty up-front before implant in that she wanted big girth. She also has stated that she "really likes a hard penis."

So for me, I made the decision with my "little head below the belt" which stated "Stupid TANGERINE, go for the hardest biggest dick you can get, and forget about anything else"

And, so I went for the Titan

TANGERINE

PS: Karpman really does believe that the AMS LGX is superior --- so those of you with AMS, be happy.

Tangerine you are a good man for listening to your wife. As I have said I had both implants for 10 days to look at and feel. And after talking with the doctor my wife said Coloplast OK by me
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Some guys swear by Titan others by AMS. If you got a dick that works. Don't worry be happy!
Donnie

You got that right Donnie! Initially I thought that I might like the Titan better, but my doctor only worked with AMS, started using them in late 70s, so he definitely has experience with them. When he told me he would use the LGX if my previous hernia surgery wouldn't cause an issue, I was like yeah, I'm good with that. He actually told me that if I want a Titan, he would refer me to a doctor who used them. No thanks, I felt good about my doctor and didn't want to change.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:49 am

sliphill wrote:
ddbryan1972 wrote:Some guys swear by Titan others by AMS. If you got a dick that works. Don't worry be happy!
Donnie

You got that right Donnie! Initially I thought that I might like the Titan better, but my doctor only worked with AMS, started using them in late 70s, so he definitely has experience with them. When he told me he would use the LGX if my previous hernia surgery wouldn't cause an issue, I was like yeah, I'm good with that. He actually told me that if I want a Titan, he would refer me to a doctor who used them. No thanks, I felt good about my doctor and didn't want to change.

Sliphill;

My doctor says he does what is best for his patient and won't know for sure until surgery and he is in there. I trust my doctor very much so I will take what he gives me. He has worked, extensively, with both AMS and Titan. He says that lately he likes the AMS because of some new anti-infection coating, but he will still use the Titan if the patient would benefit more with it.

Larry

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 am

Since this is my first (and hopefully last) implant, I can only speak from my own experience. I have an AMS 700 CX and I couldn't be more pleased and neither could my wife. My dick is firm on the inside but soft in the outside. The way she likes it. My flacid looks like a regular 'much bigger' dick. We couldn't be happier with the results.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 am

ddbryan1972 wrote:Since this is my first (and hopefully last) implant, I can only speak from my own experience. I have an AMS 700 CX and I couldn't be more pleased and neither could my wife. My dick is firm on the inside but soft in the outside. The way she likes it. My flacid looks like a regular 'much bigger' dick. We couldn't be happier with the results.
Donnie

Donnie, I guess I can't tell how big my flaccid is, being that it is still inflated. I would say That its less then 35% inflated. I sure hope that it will expand a lot more, cause there is no way I'm near my original erect length. But going by how it looks now, it doesn't appear that my flaccid will be bigger. I'm concerned that maybe I lost some length. I'm probably getting way ahead of myself, as it is only 11 days post op, and it's still swollen. I see him this Friday!
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 am

Ed,
What was the size of your dick on a good day. Some days mine was 2 inches. Never more than 3. The implant will fill you out. Mine was smaller and fat until the swelling went down. Now it is a constant 6 inches. With your size implant you should expect similar results. It's gonna get better bro. Just 'hang' in there.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:30 am

ddbryan1972 wrote:Ed,
What was the size of your dick on a good day. Some days mine was 2 inches. Never more than 3. The implant will fill you out. Mine was smaller and fat until the swelling went down. Now it is a constant 6 inches. With your size implant you should expect similar results. It's gonna get better bro. Just 'hang' in there.
Donnie

Phew, ok. Glad you said that. That's exactly how it looks. I guess I'm doing good then. Today is first day I didn't need a pain pill. Things are definitely improving. No pain in the sack anymore. It looks like the boys have accepted the new resident. Lol. I'll hang in there, thanks Donnie.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Final pic after 'stretching routine'
are on page two of this thread.
Donnie

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:49 am

Tybeeman wrote:Here is a girth comparison.

Titan vs AMS.jpg

He showed me the same picture

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 am

Nice pics Donnie :D
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”