Question for prostatectomy guys

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bandit

Re: Question for prostatectomy guys

Postby Bandit » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:36 pm

A question:
I know a guy..... not a close friend but one I know well professionally.
He had his prostate removed 10 weeks ago. He is pretty conservative and on his second marriage..... He is only 65 and lives in a small country town.
How do I let him know that there is a life after PC? How do I turn a light on for him?
I am 99% he would be unaware of his options.
How likely is that his Urologist has slapped a brochure for an implant in front of him?
I would appreciate some help on this one my brothers.

Smetro
Turn him on to FT. There are many topics here that could help him. You could point that out making some subtle suggestions. Just start by asking how he is doing. Then mention FT. Tell him the site offers many perspectives regarding men's health. It is informative & could offer helpful information. He will get the hint. Half the battle is finding FT. When you do & apply your specific issues, your hooked. Hope this helps. It helped me deal with being diagnosed with prostate cancer at 55 years old & RRP. FT & all you guys gave me hope!
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:03 pm

I want to add my experience on the incontinence issue. I have had two bouts with PC. The first round ( gleason score 6) was a LRP. within 6 weeks and after many Kegels I was almost fully continent except for sneezing. No pads were needed. The second round was a recurrence 6 years after the surgery (Gleason score 10) 35 radiation treatment and lupron. I had little change in my continence, however I began wearing the drip-thin pad just in case.. After the implant surgery, I was scared for a while as my leakage was pretty bad for a few weeks. I am nearly back to pre op conditions now. What is most important for me is core body strength. Walking, Planks, and eliptical machine all seem to help.

That said, I switched to John Sievers pouch underwear (very comfortable). When I was leaking, I folded a moderate leak pad to fit the pouch and basically wrapped my penis.The leaking is pretty much gone, but It feels so much better than the underwear alone. I wear it all the time now( very soft). The side benefit being if I sneeze are have to lift something heavy, any leakage is unnoticeable. Most evenings, I remove a dry pad. It eliminates the glans being pushed directly against your pants.

As for sex. I always try to drain completely before hand. If I have a very powerful orgasm, I will often ejaculate some urine ( same as a women who is a squirter. If there is concern on the woman's part, I will wear a condom, but most don't seem to mind at all and some love it.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:36 am

shooter1000 wrote:I want to add my experience on the incontinence issue. I have had two bouts with PC. The first round ( gleason score 6) was a LRP. within 6 weeks and after many Kegels I was almost fully continent except for sneezing. No pads were needed. The second round was a recurrence 6 years after the surgery (Gleason score 10) 35 radiation treatment and lupron. I had little change in my continence, however I began wearing the drip-thin pad just in case.. After the implant surgery, I was scared for a while as my leakage was pretty bad for a few weeks. I am nearly back to pre op conditions now. What is most important for me is core body strength. Walking, Planks, and eliptical machine all seem to help.

That said, I switched to John Sievers pouch underwear (very comfortable). When I was leaking, I folded a moderate leak pad to fit the pouch and basically wrapped my penis.The leaking is pretty much gone, but It feels so much better than the underwear alone. I wear it all the time now( very soft). The side benefit being if I sneeze are have to lift something heavy, any leakage is unnoticeable. Most evenings, I remove a dry pad. It eliminates the glans being pushed directly against your pants.

As for sex. I always try to drain completely before hand. If I have a very powerful orgasm, I will often ejaculate some urine ( same as a women who is a squirter. If there is concern on the woman's part, I will wear a condom, but most don't seem to mind at all and some love it.

I think you missed my question. I got over my incontinence after my prostatectomy. My question was di anyone have the problem come back after the implant. I am having trouble with it .Big for 2 days after the implant surgery and just a little now 2 weeks out.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
David_R wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:I am leaking urine

I easily lost urine after my prostatectomy (especially when having an orgasm), and this totally grossed me out (wife said it didn't bother her that much after all the years of her changing babies' diapers).

After a while it stopped (I can't remember exactly how long I leaked since that was 17 years ago and my memory isn't as good as it used to be). But it was great to get rid of the diapers and pads. :)

How about after your implant?

My implant didn't change anything related to peeing. (It just dealt with things related to gettin' hard!) ;)

Eveready

Postby Eveready » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Tybeeman wrote:I think you missed my question. I got over my incontinence after my prostatectomy. My question was di anyone have the problem come back after the implant. I am having trouble with it .Big for 2 days after the implant surgery and just a little now 2 weeks out.

A similar experience for me following RP in January 2017. Not, as I understand it, that the implant surgery directly involves the urinary tract, but I did go somewhat backwards, leakage-wise. And have felt (rising 7 weeks since implant) that my pelvic floor muscles aren't quite as strong and controllable as they were pre-op.
But that's largely a matter of keeping up the kegels in a part of the anatomy that remains generally a bit tender and in recovery mode.
All said, leakage has now declined to nil most of the time. Except when I get on the piss, but even then it's very limited. Sounds like you're getting there.
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Eveready wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:I think you missed my question. I got over my incontinence after my prostatectomy. My question was di anyone have the problem come back after the implant. I am having trouble with it .Big for 2 days after the implant surgery and just a little now 2 weeks out.

A similar experience for me following RP in January 2017. Not, as I understand it, that the implant surgery directly involves the urinary tract, but I did go somewhat backwards, leakage-wise. And have felt (rising 7 weeks since implant) that my pelvic floor muscles aren't quite as strong and controllable as they were pre-op.
But that's largely a matter of keeping up the kegels in a part of the anatomy that remains generally a bit tender and in recovery mode.
All said, leakage has now declined to nil most of the time. Except when I get on the piss, but even then it's very limited. Sounds like you're getting there.

Yeah it is getting better but still sore in doing kegel exercises
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Tybeeman

If you read my earlier post again you will see that I addressed your issue at the end of the first paragraph. In short, yes I had substantial incontinence after the implant surgery, but was back to pre-surgery levels quickly with healing and exercise
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:54 am

shooter1000 wrote:Tybeeman

If you read my earlier post again you will see that I addressed your issue at the end of the first paragraph. In short, yes I had substantial incontinence after the implant surgery, but was back to pre-surgery levels quickly with healing and exercise

Thanks Shooter i read that. I had not heard anyone on hear talk about it, so you can imagine IO was scared to death that first day. I didn't have to go back to a dipper but I did have to use a pad. I am almost back now at 2 weeks and I am sure as I get back to my kegel excercises.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

Return to “Implants”