12 Days Before surgert

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sliphill

Re: 12 Days Before surgert

Postby sliphill » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Dionnfr wrote:Davis,

No I don't. I'm spending the night in the hospital. Driving home the next day. I'm just 10 minutes from the hospital.

I'm about the same distance from the hospital as you. My wife drove me, but I might have tried driving it. But then again I was fixing a dryer on day 4, so I might not be the best one to listen to. Lol
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 pm

sliphill wrote:

No I don't. I'm spending the night in the hospital. Driving home the next day. I'm just 10 minutes from the hospital.

I'm about the same distance from the hospital as you. My wife drove me, but I might have tried driving it. But then again I was fixing a dryer on day 4, so I might not be the best one to listen to. Lol

I am day 5 tomorrow and I still am not fixing the dryer. LOL
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
sliphill wrote:

Good! Lol how ya doing?
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:32 pm

sliphill wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:
sliphill wrote:

Good! Lol how ya doing?

Just laying here icing it's getting old
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:06 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
sliphill wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:I am day 5 tomorrow and I still am not fixing the dryer. LOL

Good! Lol how ya doing?

Just laying here icing it's getting old

Hang in there. It's going to get better when you get into the second week.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Expo2000

Postby Expo2000 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 am

I'm 14 days post implant, and didn't think that I would yet be in a position to provide advice, but it is all pretty fresh in my memory, so here goes:
1) your decision is already made, so try not to think about it. This is a mental game, and an endurance contest. Dwelling on it or revisiting your decision is not helpful. Think positive thoughts about other things. Think success! :)
2) loads of ice. Like I said, I'm 14 days post surgery and still need ice
3) lots of good stool softener, Metamucil, bran, fresh fruit, everything helps
4) take it easy after surgery. I didn't. I was out walking around the day after (thanks Tylenol 3). Big mistake because this set me back. Hibernate, and drink lots of fluids
5) the post operative pain isn't really all that bad. Yes, it's painful, but not debilitating. I was off T3s after about 3 days, and onto extra strength ibuprofen.

After (5), your guess is as good as mine!
Good luck!

Expo
18 cm +1 tip; AMS 700 CX installed on June 15, 2017. 53 years old. Canada.
Willing to discuss and answer questions, but probably too early to have much insight (yet).
Currently in very early days, not yet activated...

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 am

Expo2000 wrote:I'm 14 days post implant, and didn't think that I would yet be in a position to provide advice, but it is all pretty fresh in my memory, so here goes:
1) your decision is already made, so try not to think about it. This is a mental game, and an endurance contest. Dwelling on it or revisiting your decision is not helpful. Think positive thoughts about other things. Think success! :)
4) take it easy after surgery. I didn't. I was out walking around the day after (thanks Tylenol 3). Big mistake because this set me back. Hibernate, and drink lots of fluids
5) the post operative pain isn't really all that bad. Yes, it's painful, but not debilitating. I was off T3s after about 3 days, and onto extra strength ibuprofen.

Good luck!

Good morning; I was still icing 4 weeks after my implant. The swelling was only minor, but still there and still painful at times. The pain was minimal and manageable.

Larry
Expo

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:31 am

Expo2000 wrote:I'm 14 days post implant, and didn't think that I would yet be in a position to provide advice, but it is all pretty fresh in my memory, so here goes:

Good luck!

Expo

Yeah, everybody is different. I guess what I meant was that each day there is improvement. By the end of the second week, I wasn't waking up with that pain in my sack and feeling pretty good. Oh, and I stopped icing after the first week. Now at just 3 weeks today, all I have is tenderness around the incision area, and oddly my head is sensitive.
Ed (sliphill) 68

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:44 am

For some reason there seems to be a tendency right after this surgery to feel all full of piss and vinegar and able to do just about anything. Don't do it. Definitely don't fix the dryer. Sure, you can drive home, but you'll pay for it for about three days afterwards. The quieter you sit and the more ice you use, the sooner the pain and swelling will go away.

At Dr. Caesar's instruction, I sat in my recliner day and night. I rolled up a small towel and slid it under my scrotum, then put a (dry) washcloth over the goods and applied a bag of ice. No underwear at all. After about 5 days or so I was able to be up and about for an hour or 2 at a time. I kept spending some time every now and then back in the chair with ice for about 3 weeks, after which I was free of both discomfort and swelling.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 am

DaveET1 wrote:I sat in my recliner day and night. I rolled up a small towel and slid it under my scrotum, then put a (dry) washcloth over the goods and applied a bag of ice.

This is what I did, too, during the day. From time to time I would have to remove the ice from my crotch because even with the washcloth it got too cold and needed to take a break.

Return to “Implants”