Is this a slow leak?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Is this a slow leak?

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 pm

radiodec wrote:Saw my urologist today. He affirmed that I definitely have a problem and suspects that I have had a leakage problem. No fast decisions or repairs though. I am now scheduled for a CT scan to confirm things and get a handle on what might be going wrong.

He predicts a full revision if it is indeed a leak. Says that symptoms are consistent with reservoir running out of fluid. It pumps like normal until it just won't refill the pump bulb.

Long story short, looks like I won't know for sure what is going on until after July 19.

If he is going to open you up anyway, might just as well get a totally new implant.

Larry

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:57 pm

Zxylpk wrote:radiodec, I am very sorry to hear this - especially since it appears we both have the same implant and mine appears to be doing something similar. Does not bode well for ams 700 lgx. At least you've had yours for 4 years, I've had mine for 4 months - haven't had time to wear it out yet.

Damn, this is what I have too.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:35 am

sliphill wrote:
Zxylpk wrote:radiodec, I am very sorry to hear this - especially since it appears we both have the same implant and mine appears to be doing something similar. Does not bode well for ams 700 lgx. At least you've had yours for 4 years, I've had mine for 4 months - haven't had time to wear it out yet.

Damn, this is what I have too.

Do not lose heart, sliphill. While the coloplast cyclinders are more robust than the AMS (more flexible and ethe LGX has lengthenging ability, both factors contributing to a more natural flaccid appearance and feel), AMS manufactures all the components in-house, and the tubing and valves are more durable than the Coloplast components, wheich are manufactured by sub-contractors (according to Dr. Eid). Thus, the tubing and connectors in the Colopklast are their Achilles heel

Again,k according to Dr. Eid, the service live longevity to be expected from either manufacturer is comparable.

I will add my own opinion and speculation; the AMS CX, being non-lengthengin (as the LGX is) might have cylinders that are a bit more robust than the LGX. Also, the pump mechanism in the CS is not available in the LGX and seems to be a bit easier to operate.

The fact is; all the models available are high quality, can be expected to give reasonable service life of a decade or more (for a large majority of implantees) and enable superior sexual performance to your condition before implantation.

Every day of life is a risk. You xould be struck by lightening, hit by a bus, your implant could fail, you could have a stroke. Do not focus on these negatives (except to take steps to prevent those which are preventable), but enjoy the life that God has allowed you (or Gods, if you are pantheistic or Mother Nature, or whatever).

Go forth and be happy. As Ben Franklin said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." (Actually the true quote-translated from the French from a 1779 letter to his friend Andre Morellet says ""Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.") But the beer quote is pithier.

source:
https://www.thespruce.com/beer-is-proof ... ppy-353267
Good night
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:04 am

Just went thru this leak problem. Hopefully help someone.
About 2 years post op, my bulb went flat on the 15th bulb compression, and a month later on the 10th compression. Consult with uro indicated a leak. Ordered Ct scan, which revealed nothing. Uro recommended complete replacement. He explained that trying to hunt the leak and fix problem could be an exercise in futility, and result in a waste of time and money. So,the leaking titan implant was removed, and Titan touch was installed. Operation report revealed 35 cc was removed from the reservoir.
I sailed thru my first implant with very little pain, but this revision was pure hell. Much pain and swelling. I was down about 3 weeks. Surprised me, because I have a high pain tolerance, and rarely have taken pain meds. I took pain meds. With this one. I am 6 weeks post op now, and still have some swelling.
Some folks might think my age would be a problem, I am 85 yo. Not so. In perfect health, still think I am forty, and work 6 days a week, and have sex at least 3x weekly - sometimes more.
Sorry to paint a bad scene for this, but it is what it is. If I can answer any question for Anyone - be glad to.

Blessings to all my brothers

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 am

I had a consultation recently with an implant surgeon and discussed AMS vs Coloplast. He commented that Perito was installing Titan's with an earlier version of the pump due to problems with their newest pump. This is totally unconfirmed information, but perhaps relevant to this thread.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 am

I read somewhere that the early LGX had a longevity problem, but that it has been corrected in the newer ones, to the point it is now as reliable as the CX. Maybe that's what is wrong here.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 am

Warrenw, I had problems with my Titan Touch pump, which I think is the very newest one from Coloplast. After consultation with Dr. Caesar, he called the Coloplast Rep and got him to come to his office to meet me. That suggests that Co0loplast knew there was a problem. The two of them figured out how to get it to work again, but it didn't last. Dr. Caesar had the Rep call me at home, and with my help he figured out a solution that has been dependably working for over 2 weeks now.

After using it, you go ahead and deflate it, and then give the pump one squeeze. That puts it back into inflate mode, and then it works just fine.

I have to admire both Dr. Caesar and Eric from Coloplast, for standing right up to the problem and getting a solution.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:30 am

DaveET1 wrote:
After using it, you go ahead and deflate it, and then give the pump one squeeze. That puts it back into inflate mode, and then it works just fine.

That is exactly procedure that I use on my Titan touch with success and what had to be done with the LGX previously. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

nudist

Postby nudist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:31 pm

I am due for a titan.
I'm not sure i understand about this...
if the the bulb you squeeze to inflate it goes flat and stops pumping in more saline, how do you "go ahead and use it, then deflate it and give it one squeeze"? what keeps it from going flat during the next inflation?

I appreciate any clarification, and suggestions about what to request from my Dr.
He wants to use the titan to better correct the serious peyronies deformation.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:58 pm

With the AMS units at least you can occasionally get the pump in an "unknown" state and have the bulb not refill. Generally this is solved by providing a solid, quick squeeze. You hear or fell a little click telling you the pump is back in inflate mode and continue pumping. This is rare, 2 -3 three times in 4.5 years. Deflate and then restart also works for that case.

My problem now is that everything acts like for some reason the pump can't get any more fluid to pump. Kinked tubing should be a more or less constant problem. My problem is just like pumping the last liquid out of a jar all works well until.

Just have to slow down and not put so much stress on the new one when it is in. :D If the next wears out in 4.5 years I will have had fun wearing it out. My urologist said the more you use it the quicker it wears, my wife just blushed.
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Return to “Implants”